Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Subtitles or lip sync or English?

It's in English (speaking) with subtitles for books and Hotels/Locations on the show described in French.

Watched all 5 Part 1 episodes in one sitting, plenty of plot twists and character development along the way,

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
It's in English (speaking) with subtitles for books and Hotels/Locations on the show described in French.

Watched all 5 Part 1 episodes in one sitting, plenty of plot twists and character development along the way,

I just watched Lupin. Very stylish and a lot of fun. I watched it in French with English subtitles.

JimDocker

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 16, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Doncaster Rovers, Boston Celtics
The Ripper. I'm almost finished it. Pretty good documentary, but so far, not as critical of the police as it should be. They made a hash of everything. Were judgemental about the victims and went off in completely the wrong direction with their investigation.

Mar 7, 2009
On the Buses
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Melbourne Stars
We watched a 2018 Aussie movie tonight called The Merger about a country AFL footy team that's facing merging or closure. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. Full of that great dry Aussie humor and some good feels too. Gives you a little footy fix too.

Last edited:

mcnulty

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 18, 2019
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Alice in Borderland. Solid Japanese weirdness/violence. Think a cross between The Hunger Games and The Walking Dead. Visually stunning, especially the city scapes of an abandoned Tokyo.

Enough there to get me back for a season 2 if/when.

After Life
Very watchable. Short, sharp, clever series for those short on time.

Some of the scenes with the psychologist almost had me wetting myself with laughter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sep 15, 2011
AFL Club
West Coast
So Netflix is pumping out more than one movie a week for the year, 71 in total, starting with outside the Wire with Anthony Mackie. Biggest names seem to be Red Notice with the Rock, Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot, and Don't Look Up with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence, there's a Jane Campion movie and Lin Manuel Miranda adaptation, Army of the Dead by Zack Snyder. Certainly looks to be some dross among the lost, which would be impossible to avoid. It's certainly ambitious.

Watching the doco on The Night Stalker. It is excellently made. Highly recommend.
It's funny I noticed his wiki was trending last night despite dying in 2013. Then I got the Netflix notification this morning and it all made sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back