Streaming The Netflix Thread

Streaming Television

Remove this Banner Ad

Subtitles or lip sync or English?

It's in English (speaking) with subtitles for books and Hotels/Locations on the show described in French.

Watched all 5 Part 1 episodes in one sitting, plenty of plot twists and character development along the way,

It's in English (speaking) with subtitles for books and Hotels/Locations on the show described in French.

Watched all 5 Part 1 episodes in one sitting, plenty of plot twists and character development along the way,

I just watched Lupin. Very stylish and a lot of fun. I watched it in French with English subtitles.

The Ripper. I'm almost finished it. Pretty good documentary, but so far, not as critical of the police as it should be. They made a hash of everything. Were judgemental about the victims and went off in completely the wrong direction with their investigation.

We watched a 2018 Aussie movie tonight called The Merger about a country AFL footy team that's facing merging or closure. Highly recommend it if you haven't seen it. Full of that great dry Aussie humor and some good feels too. Gives you a little footy fix too.

Last edited:
Alice in Borderland. Solid Japanese weirdness/violence. Think a cross between The Hunger Games and The Walking Dead. Visually stunning, especially the city scapes of an abandoned Tokyo.

Enough there to get me back for a season 2 if/when.

After Life
Very watchable. Short, sharp, clever series for those short on time.

Some of the scenes with the psychologist almost had me wetting myself with laughter.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So Netflix is pumping out more than one movie a week for the year, 71 in total, starting with outside the Wire with Anthony Mackie. Biggest names seem to be Red Notice with the Rock, Ryan Reynolds and Gal Gadot, and Don't Look Up with Leonardo DiCaprio and Jennifer Lawrence, there's a Jane Campion movie and Lin Manuel Miranda adaptation, Army of the Dead by Zack Snyder. Certainly looks to be some dross among the lost, which would be impossible to avoid. It's certainly ambitious.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back