Movie What's the last movie you saw? (5)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nomadland - Was a good movie but I probably built it up in my head a little more than I should have. McDormand was great and deserves best actress and it was a really sad and nice movie. It was surprising to find out that there weren't too many actual actors in the film and a lot of the characters where real nomads. There isn't really a real plot, which is kind of line what becoming or being a nomad is I suppose! So that is funny. The cinematography was amazing though, a real showing of some beautiful American spots. Not really something I'll probably ever watch again but yeah, it was a nice way to spend a few hours. 7/10

Contagion - Saw this pop up on Netflix Saturday night and thought I'd give it a look with the family. I found it pretty s**t tbh. There were some big names in the movie which surprised me but I expected Damon to have more screen time. The music in the movie really sucked and made me cringe. Maybe if I watched this 5 years ago I might have enjoyed it a lot more but it was almost like watching a documentary of the past year lol. No thanks. This didn't really have that much of a plot either, like what happened in the end, the virus kind of got cured? Lol. Then the s**t with how the virus in the movie came from a bat and a wet market is crazy, like really? Is that not crazy? Anyway. Wasn't the best way to spend a Saturday night when movies are usually enjoyed as an escape from life, not a reminder lol. 6/10

Burn After Reading - Watched this about 5 years ago and remember enjoying it. Watched it again and loved it. It's obviously not a 10/10 for me like No Country is from the Coens but it's just a funny surreal kind of vibe movie. The acting of Clooney and Pitt is so classic, just playing two absolute weirdo idiots basically. McDormand too. Just so funny, ridiculous and bizarre. 8.5/10

Mystic River
Pretty solid movie with a bit of an unexpected turn of events towards the end, felt it went on a couple scenes too long though. 8/10

Midnight Sky - interesting premise for a movie but felt like it tripped over itself around the middle where it became boring and laboured. 5/10

Agree with this. Thought it started off ok with Clooney in the Arctic research station and the folks on the spaceship. The set design was very good. But half way through the script fell off a cliff. They spent too long with boring, irrelevant stuff then other points were unresolved. A few movies I've watched recently suffer being poor adaptations from a novel.

4/10.

The Guilty

Danish film set entirely in an emergency call centre (000 sort of thing), following a demoted cop who is facing court the next day for doing... something. He receives a call from a woman in a car who has been kidnapped. Goes from there, plenty of twists and turns and some real gut punches along the way; bit of a heartbreaker really. Brilliant film.

The Keeper of Lost Causes, a Danish film from 2013 that explores a disgraced cop sent to a cold case section as his punishment after a case went wrong.
It was brilliant and better still there are 2 more which are now must sees for me.
It's by the screenwriter of the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and the director of Borgen. Recommend it.

Contagion - Saw this pop up on Netflix Saturday night and thought I'd give it a look with the family. I found it pretty sh*t tbh. There were some big names in the movie which surprised me but I expected Damon to have more screen time. The music in the movie really sucked and made me cringe. Maybe if I watched this 5 years ago I might have enjoyed it a lot more but it was almost like watching a documentary of the past year lol. No thanks. This didn't really have that much of a plot either, like what happened in the end, the virus kind of got cured? Lol. Then the sh*t with how the virus in the movie came from a bat and a wet market is crazy, like really? Is that not crazy? Anyway. Wasn't the best way to spend a Saturday night when movies are usually enjoyed as an escape from life, not a reminder lol. 6/10

I saw it when it first came out and didn't rate it that much. Chucked it on again early covid for the lols and thought it was watchable but pretty messy. 6/10 sounds about right.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hello.

Anyone up for a live viewing of The Room tomorrow night at 10.15pm?

BYO spoons
You're tearing me apart, Lisa!

Hi doggy.
you're my favourite customer
OK bye.

I did not hit her. I did not. Oh,hi mark.

And them throwing the football around. Words not even needed.

Such a quotable movie.

Hi doggy.
OK bye.

Such a quotable movie.
I prefer the lingering shots of the San Francisco skyline myself

Hi doggy.
OK bye.

Such a quotable movie.

And i believe. The actual quoteis.. i did not hit her.. i did nooooooot

Lone Star (1996)

One of my favourite films from the '90s, with an awesome cast and a rare lead role for Chris Cooper. Really tight script executed brilliantly by writer/director John Sayles - whatever happened to him?

If you like a good western murder mystery, dig it out.

Great film. One of Kris Kristofferson's finest roles too.

I had never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies and to be honest I wasn't really missing them but decided to watch them with my son and we got through the first couple tonight. They're fine and a bit of fun with fast cars, sexy women and guys punching each other.

One thing I did notice especially in the second one was the use of speeding up the film to make everything look faster. I watched Grand Prix (1966) a few months back and read about how the director refused to use the technique, 30 something years later and it still looks dodgey. Some of the scenes gave me flashbacks to the old Automan TV series.

I had never seen any of the Fast & Furious movies and to be honest I wasn't really missing them but decided to watch them with my son and we got through the first couple tonight. They're fine and a bit of fun with fast cars, sexy women and guys punching each other.

One thing I did notice especially in the second one was the use of speeding up the film to make everything look faster. I watched Grand Prix (1966) a few months back and read about how the director refused to use the technique, 30 something years later and it still looks dodgey. Some of the scenes gave me flashbacks to the old Automan TV series.
You watching in chronicle order?

If you watch all of them, the ending of 7 is a bit of a tear jerker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back