2021 Lions Off-season

Remove this Banner Ad

I expected more from CEY last year when he got some opportunities. Coming from Adelaide maybe his fitness level was an issue right from the start.
He looked like he could also do with losing a few kg as well.
Listed as 190 cm & 96 kg but who knows how correct that weight figure is. He looked heavier than that to me.
Hopefully he is lighter and fitter this year. We need all players to improve from 2020.

Just had a look at the Lions store to grab a couple of things and have to say the selection and especially the stock levels are horrendous. Looked at 6 or 7 things and nothing was in stock in my size.

Bad time to buy merch. They clear stock at the end of the year and bring in the new range in time for the new season.

Just had a look at the Lions store to grab a couple of things and have to say the selection and especially the stock levels are horrendous. Looked at 6 or 7 things and nothing was in stock in my size.
Did the same before and after Christmas. Was the same.

All I wanted was a bucket hat, 2020 members polo and a shirt for daughter. Went 0 for 3.

Never managed to visit the store during the season last year, so missed out on a members polo and hat.

Fagan's MO is making the most of a players strengths so CEY should be a full time bull mid which is why he was recruited - to protect players like Neale
Unfortunately CEY moves like a 1960’s cruise ship, slow with a large turning circle. He also takes way to long to make decisions by hand or foot, so gets caught with the ball, or fires out a hospital pass to a player who was open and in the clear 3 seconds before.

Joe Daniher - 3
Nakia Cockatoo – 12
Henry Smith – 19
Jaxon Prior - 20
Tom Fullarton – 21

Harry Sharp - 22
Blake Coleman – 34
Carter Michael – 39

Deividas Uosis – 41

Unfortunately CEY moves like a 1960’s cruise ship, slow with a large turning circle. He also takes way to long to make decisions by hand or foot, so gets caught with the ball, or fires out a hospital pass to a player who was open and in the clear 3 seconds before.

Yes he looks somewhat cumbersome out there, hopefully 2021 is a leaner quicker version. If not as someone said we have Ely and Dev as possibilities for that role

Somewhat unusually, #29 goes unclaimed even by the guys with higher numbers.
It is because the jumper was retired for a year following Alex Witherden's departure. :p

I thought Blake Coleman would've been all over the #19 too. Next locker to his brother and whilst before his time, a bit of an ode to fellow Territorian, Magic McLean and even Des Headland (before he shifted to #1), but given he was taken higher than Henry Smith, he would've had first dibs on any jumper number out of the draftees and obviously chose #34 for a reason. Perhaps he was a Jayden Attard or Bradd Dalziell fan. :)

I expected more from CEY last year when he got some opportunities. Coming from Adelaide maybe his fitness level was an issue right from the start.
He looked like he could also do with losing a few kg as well.
Listed as 190 cm & 96 kg but who knows how correct that weight figure is. He looked heavier than that to me.
Hopefully he is lighter and fitter this year. We need all players to improve from 2020.
Still too top heavy.

It is because the jumper was retired for a year following Alex Witherden's departure. :p

I thought Blake Coleman would've been all over the #19 too. Next locker to his brother and whilst before his time, a bit of an ode to fellow Territorian, Magic McLean and even Des Headland (before he shifted to #1), but given he was taken higher than Henry Smith, he would've had first dibs on any jumper number out of the draftees and obviously chose #34 for a reason. Perhaps he was a Jayden Attard or Bradd Dalziell fan. :)

More likely a Shaq or Giannis fan I reckon.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still too top heavy.
On CEY is this from your observation when attending some training sessions lately

Can't wait for the first intraclub to see how some of the fringe and younger guys perform.
Then it's the first community game v Suns on Sat 27/2/21 but that is 44 days away :sick:

On CEY is this from your observation when attending some training sessions lately

Can't wait for the first intraclub to see how some of the fringe and younger guys perform.
Then it's the first community game v Suns on Sat 27/2/21 but that is 44 days away :sick:
Yes.
Jaxon Prior is one who looks to have bulked up significantly since last year.

Obviously I do miss the point who could honestly gives a stuff about that sort of stuff, even if our social media is not as good as other teams it’s probably only marginally worse
Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
No. We’re way behind every other club. Both in the type and amount of content.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back