General Markets Talk

Remove this Banner Ad

If you put $10,000 into TSLA at the start of 2020, you'd now be able to afford an actual Tesla. Anyone holding?

I remember fund managers calling TSLA over valued for years and refused to touch it.
Nope, stupidly stayed out of the US thinking it would be a chaotic year. Which it was, but the market didnt care.
Have just ventured in to Canadian Solar, with the dems about to spend big on green energy. They've been blasting sales estimates for a while, storage is improving all the time and corporate US solar uptake should continue huge growth.

If you put $10,000 into TSLA at the start of 2020, you'd now be able to afford an actual Tesla. Anyone holding?

I remember fund managers calling TSLA over valued for years and refused to touch it.
Buying a 2012 model Tesla was $77k, now worth $31k

Putting that $77k into the stock would now be worth > $6.6M

IBX on the move again, hopefully in the 20s next week. PLS going strong. Good day for IXR, most undervalued of what I own at the moment. Now into 1AD, see what happens in the next few months with this one.

Isn't AVZ out in the middle of nowhere in the Congo? Would put me off them tbh.

LTR used to own shares in CXO a couple of years ago iirc.
yeah, but it's the world largest hard rock deposit of lithium, and something like the 2nd or 3rd largest ASX listed Tin deposit. Both Lithium and Tin commodities prices have been bulling. Projected to be the lowest producing lithium mine in the world too. Has signed binding of take with china's second largest lithium battery producer with binding off takes to come. With a market cap of 500 million, it's undervalued by at least 500 per cent once, or if, it will mine (with these binding off takes it will be in operation within 2 years IMO.) DYOR though. Another big day yesterday for AVZ to close out the week. :)

Energy storage technology is an interesting area.
Nope, stupidly stayed out of the US thinking it would be a chaotic year. Which it was, but the market didnt care.
Have just ventured in to Canadian Solar, with the dems about to spend big on green energy. They've been blasting sales estimates for a while, storage is improving all the time and corporate US solar uptake should continue huge growth.

On POT-LX1 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Got semi lucky the last week or so. CHK kept me green a few days then VEN/CRO yesterday
IBX has to have news soon, been some huge buying lately and had quite a run with no announcements. Most likely a 'sell the news' event
IXR looks set for another leg up

Peter O'Connor was calling that his main buy when it was back under $1.
I didn't know what, but turns out it was a great call. I saw a few analysts poo-pooing it because "coal bad" etc, but I'm in this for the money not the ethics haha.

Watched it down from $2 to 80c, but missed the bottom. Got a lot at $1.07 and some more recently. A weaker AUD would really help it along, but I'm not complaining! :)

I think there's plenty of upside left but it will probably be choppy in its ascent. I'm talking oil rather than coal.
Oil is too highly leveraged towards OPEC production for any long term hold for my liking. Saudi/Russia relations turn on a dime, especially. Likely more left in the tank for short term though.

Have had PNV on the watchlist for some time and picked up shares today at $2.76 after their sell down over the last month. One missed sales target during a pandemic isn't overly bad news, especially when they've got plans in the works to expand their market leading product into the hernia and breast implant space.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back