Position 2021 Fantasy Midfielders

Remove this Banner Ad

Are we expecting Neale to backup his year going at 115+?

Looking at his previous years, he only averaged over 105 in one other season, 2011. Not sure I can justify spending that much on someone who may just as easily return to his usual scoring of around 100-105 average.
I think I read his tog was high this year, I can't see it especially with teams putting work into him over the summer

This is why I’m really keen on Zerrett at M1, 3 years of 115 or better averages, proven. And another season of 108. Missed 3 games in 5 years too
I swapped Mitchell to Merrett, plus playing for a huge final contract

That’s what I’m thinking. Could well be a premium defender

also, Sloane played 12 games last year, so not exactly like he’s discounted due to injuries and games played etc. maybe he’s just getting on and declining now?
Him and fyfe currently in my midfield waiting for that sweet DPP

The 28-year-old watched part of the Bombers’ main training session on Tuesday from the boundary line with his foot in a bucket of ice.

He played just three games last year but two came in September after he had recovered from an operation three months earlier.

Heppell avoided a second round of surgery but he has not joined the rest of Essendon’s playing group for the start of pre-season training.

He said icing the joint was “all part of the process”.

“Nah, no dramas at all,” he told 7NEWS Melbourne’s Tom Browne on Tuesday.

“Just part of the recovery post-session, so building up my loads heading forward and hopefully be integrating with the main group very soon. All going really well.”

Oh sure sure.gif

The 28-year-old watched part of the Bombers’ main training session on Tuesday from the boundary line with his foot in a bucket of ice.

He played just three games last year but two came in September after he had recovered from an operation three months earlier.

Heppell avoided a second round of surgery but he has not joined the rest of Essendon’s playing group for the start of pre-season training.

He said icing the joint was “all part of the process”.

“Nah, no dramas at all,” he told 7NEWS Melbourne’s Tom Browne on Tuesday.

“Just part of the recovery post-session, so building up my loads heading forward and hopefully be integrating with the main group very soon. All going really well.”

View attachment 1039629

He's out now, got 334k to spend

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Collingwood will have a few openings this year with Treloar, Phillips, Stephenson & ATU out.
They've talked up their rookies a bit lately which is great but surely one of their mid tier players steps up and takes the points.

Adams a safe premo,
Crisp likely a premo again but I'm not keen on his 125/75/120/70 rollercoaster.
Next in line Pendles/Sidey but looking younger/cheaper than that, Daicos could lift but read the other day he was sidelined at training.

Sier always looked capable and @ $400k could be value.

Just checked my "ownership %" for midfielders, 2 of my top 6 mids are 0% (if that's even possible being that I have them, but under 1% I guess)

Merrett only 5% - Few staying away from him?

eeeeeeeeee
Collingwood will have a few openings this year with Treloar, Phillips, Stephenson & ATU out.
They've talked up their rookies a bit lately which is great but surely one of their mid tier players steps up and takes the points.

Adams a safe premo,
Next in line Pendles/Sidey but looking younger/cheaper than that, Daicos could lift but read the other day he was sidelined at training.

Just checked my "ownership %" for midfielders, 2 of my top 6 mids are 0% (if that's even possible being that I have them, but under 1% I guess)

Merrett low ownership you suspect is due his high price ?

Looked hard at Sier last night ....good value, but gee he's been on the COLL list a long time & ignored......worries me re getting a sustained run of games

Any interest in Seb Ross as a mid pricer?

was a great pick a few years back but who knows if he can return to that 100+ scoring

Dont think so

Too many have gone past him also talk apparently from the club of finding him a new role. Maybe more wing/HBF/HFF.

Theyve recruited B.Hill, B.Crouch, Hanners that are ahead. Steele, B.Crouch, Gresham are ahead inside with Billings another wingman.

I think hes right in the fringe of being in the side now

Last edited:

Adams a safe premo,

Gaff with only 5% as well, Matt Crouch 5%

Wonder who people are selecting in the mids?

Mitchell currently injured and in doubt for round 1
Rowell still hasn't taken part in contact training
Neale good luck him maintaining the rage again
Sidebottom/Dunks/Martin forward/mids
Adams soft tissues issue
Cripps

A heap of Rookies/Mid Pricers

Last edited:
Gaff with only 5% as well, Matt Crouch 5%

Wonder who people are selecting in the mids?

Mitchell currently injured and in doubt for round 1
Rowell still hasn't taken part in contact training
Neale good luck him maintaining the rage again
Sidebottom/Dunks/Martin forward/mids
Adams soft tissues issue
Cripps

A heap of Rookies/Mid Pricers
Neale 21%
Oliver 5%
Steele 5%
MaCrae 5%
Mitchell 42%
Treloar 5%
Fyfe 5%

So I guess the ownership is spread around a bit!

Josh Kelly at 4% ownership is just something i can not pass up on, body always a bit of a concern but his scoring potential is seriously as good as anyone

Currently have him lined up in my team too. Think he’s excellent value and his body doesn’t really concern me too much. Last year he only really missed a few games after a knee to the head from Mummy which you can’t hold against him. Add in the Giants excellent draw to start and he’s a winner for me to start with a bang.

Neale 21%
Oliver 5%
Steele 5%
MaCrae 5%
Mitchell 42%
Treloar 5%
Fyfe 5%

So I guess the ownership is spread around a bit!

So maybe more so with how pricing is setup and the best players being slightly inflated based on a reduced game last year meaning they didnt actually play 20% less time and another factor meaning the best players didnt need to rest in different positions as much. When they were on field they were in the thick of the action not resting fwd as much.

My first 3 picked premiums would be T.Adams, Titch and Duncan. I can probably only fit 2 in at the moment and then im going midpricey with guys like Yeo, Rowell who i expect to be ready for round 1

Every year there are plenty of premium mids who are under 10% unique but thats just because its the most saturated position and you cant have them all

I also wonder how many vacant teams there are and if there included in the data. Id say they are

Here's another name that no one is talking about.....Parker!!

Went from 98 to 105 avg last year as played fulltime mid all year with no fwd rotations., a better tap ruckman has to help his game and he is in his prime.
Massive POD and could easily go 110 plus!

Just had a play with my team and swapped out Rowell for Parker so now my mids are...

Adams, Kelly, Taranto, Parker, Hately, (then rooks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back