Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Join the BigFooty NRL League:

———————————————

Had a very brief look at team picker. I honestly know almost nothing about rookies at this stage so my bench is filled with placeholders

Screen Shot 2020-12-30 at 5.09.48 am.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
View attachment 1033875View attachment 1033876

Think I’ve got the balance wrong. Maybe need one more forward.
All rookies are a chance of playing round 1.

I think your centre/wings are all good value. I'll probably get Saab and Staines if they are selected for round 1. I'm pretty sure Saab will be but not sure about Staines? From my team i might drop Holmes for Saab and see where that change leads me. Oates is value at that price too, i dont like him as a player but if he is selected in round 1 i think ill pick him especially given he is dual position.

I think your centre/wings are all good value. I'll probably get Saab and Staines if they are selected for round 1. I'm pretty sure Saab will be but not sure about Staines? From my team i might drop Holmes for Saab and see where that change leads me. Oates is value at that price too, i dont like him as a player but if he is selected in round 1 i think ill pick him especially given he is dual position.
I’m guessing Staines starts with Naden getting a NRL based suspension on his drug use. Oates will only be selected if he is playing as a forward.

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
1609397389213.png

1609397436939.png

1609397480119.png

ATG and Neame are just fillers for now. One can be dud but lots of others will not be starters anyhow.
Not getting involved with Teddy Turbo etc

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
View attachment 1034292
View attachment 1034293
View attachment 1034295

ATG and Neame are just fillers for now. One can be dud but lots of others will not be starters anyhow.
Not getting involved with Teddy Turbo etc
Interesting that you aren't touching Turbo and Teddy. I think Turbo is massive value. Are you thinking long term with regards to him i.e does his injury history worry you? Going without Teddy is bold but could well come off. I like the Flanagan pick quite a lot. Papi is interesting too. The way he finished last season, he could still be great value! Papi + Turbo could be the go. Anyway, i know we are a long way from the season but it is fun to play around with combinations even this early!

Tso1967

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 25, 2019
London
AFL Club
Geelong
Interesting that you aren't touching Turbo and Teddy. I think Turbo is massive value. Are you thinking long term with regards to him i.e does his injury history worry you? Going without Teddy is bold but could well come off. I like the Flanagan pick quite a lot. Papi is interesting too. The way he finished last season, he could still be great value! Papi + Turbo could be the go. Anyway, i know we are a long way from the season but it is fun to play around with combinations even this early!

Guess i will end up with one of them.
Origin and bye rounds again i suppose ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
Not too long now before this is open for the 2021 season. Lets all hope for a full season, impacted as little as possible by covid. I'm not sure if there will be any major changes to the game for the coming season but with origin potentially back in the middle of the season, there will be some tough rounds to negotiate. I'm hoping there is a decent spike in the amount of interest shown on this board for the coming season.

I'll most likely edit this post with league codes etc as we get close to the start of the season. It is early to say this, but good luck to everyone for the coming season.

I'll most likely edit this post with league codes etc as we get close to the start of the season. It is early to say this, but good luck to everyone for the coming season.
Think we really need to set this up proper so all of us that regularly contribute here end up in the same league. A proper bigfooty NRL SuperCoach comp is the ultimate goal. Thinking that WaynesWorld19 will help with that.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa

Leftyitis

Bleeding black & white
Feb 7, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Still 5 spots to fill. Only 147K left. Will rejig closer to start of season.

I've never been that into NRL. Obviously follow Storm but overall knowledge of teams is limited. Will be using this thread and you all for your wisdom and direction.

I know Im not going to start with Turbo or Teddy. There's a start at least.

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
I must say im struggling to create a team that i like. I know its super early so bench picks are just placeholders but i keep finding myself just short of where id like to be. I've locked in Haas, Matterson, Fifita, Lolo, Cleary & Turbo but beyond them im struggling a little. I keep going back to picking guys like Watson, Moylan & D.Walker. While i think they represent value, they arent really instilling me with much confidence. Then there is the question of whether to start Teddy or not!

Ahh well, plenty of time to go before round 1 so i know we'll get some clarity regarding cheapies and mid-pricers but at the moment there are so many ? marks that making a team is tough.

CTWs are always a crap shoot until closer to the start of the season.
If Bird can stay healthy, he looks good value especially if he he going to play a similar role to Yeo did last year.
I've gone away from Cleary to DCE just to save the 150k to use elsewhere. Allows me to get a decent 5-8th in Munster

Jul 21, 2008
The Sunshine State
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Bombers,Jazz,49'ers,Rafa
CTWs are always a crap shoot until closer to the start of the season.
If Bird can stay healthy, he looks good value especially if he he going to play a similar role to Yeo did last year.
I've gone away from Cleary to DCE just to save the 150k to use elsewhere. Allows me to get a decent 5-8th in Munster

Yeah i think saving cash on CTWs is the go, definitely a crap shoot as you say! Bird definitely some value, i have Hopoate sitting there currently and the rest are 200-300k. Matterson/Lolo/Fifita trio is pretty much locked in but yeah beyond the 2rFs none of the positions are set, but i guess thats somewhat expected this early

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back