PC World of Warcraft - Including Classic

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
tried a few weeks ago to play retail and honestly struggled with it ( will still play shadowlands when out tho) just gonna stick with classic anyone else still playing classic?

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Yep still going with Classic, took a month off after guild died a couple of weeks back and recharged the batteries!
yeah legit same thing happened to me good guild died out of knowhere and its happening again with my current one really tempted to just create my own aha

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Classic was great but I couldn't keep at it. Too much of a been there, done that.

I don't think I'll keep up with retail either. I like/liked it because it's new content, but it's just not that enjoyable and I don't see anything about Shadowlands that makes me want to play. In fact the whole conduit and covenant thing is just too far convoluted when they could just go back to proper talent trees and tier sets which everyone actually wants.

Classic was great but I couldn't keep at it. Too much of a been there, done that.

I don't think I'll keep up with retail either. I like/liked it because it's new content, but it's just not that enjoyable and I don't see anything about Shadowlands that makes me want to play. In fact the whole conduit and covenant thing is just too far convoluted when they could just go back to proper talent trees and tier sets which everyone actually wants.
Best bet then if jump on the last patch of an expac when the mechanics are patched up, catch up in place and see the new content.

HirdyLannister

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 26, 2013
Cersei's bed
AFL Club
Essendon

Classic was the same with me.

The amazement of the first round where everything was new, hitting up STV while levelling was intense. I managed 4 horsemen in real vanilla.

Now with all content spread out online it's just a rush to the end. I enjoy so much spending hours in AV slaughtering horde.

Plus being older I have more responsibility so it's not the same.

One of the real golden ages of gaming, was revolutionary experiencing vanilla between 2004-2006.

Jun 25, 2011
Victoria
AFL Club
Richmond
Classic was the same with me.

The amazement of the first round where everything was new, hitting up STV while levelling was intense. I managed 4 horsemen in real vanilla.

Now with all content spread out online it's just a rush to the end. I enjoy so much spending hours in AV slaughtering horde.

Plus being older I have more responsibility so it's not the same.

One of the real golden ages of gaming, was revolutionary experiencing vanilla between 2004-2006.

Most of us who played during those years also didn't really play anything else. I play so much other stuff now that I don't think I can commit to full time WoW again. I get my MMO/raid fix from Destiny where I only need to play a night or two a week if I've got other stuff to do. I was so keen for a Burning Crusade remake but after playing Classic it simply won't live up to nostalgia. It's not just the content but was all the people I played with and everything being so new at the time. My first time in Kara and then Black Temple were some of my greatest memories. Those raids just felt so epic and mysterious.

thefendoff

Club Legend
Jul 5, 2011
your chest
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
OKC Thunder
Most of us who played during those years also didn't really play anything else. I play so much other stuff now that I don't think I can commit to full time WoW again. I get my MMO/raid fix from Destiny where I only need to play a night or two a week if I've got other stuff to do. I was so keen for a Burning Crusade remake but after playing Classic it simply won't live up to nostalgia. It's not just the content but was all the people I played with and everything being so new at the time. My first time in Kara and then Black Temple were some of my greatest memories. Those raids just felt so epic and mysterious.

agree with this, they just won’t ever be the same. Good nostalgia trip for a bit but once that runs out it’s just not the same.
also people are just to good at finding the easiest way to beat bosses etc saps the fun out of it

2006_Eagles

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts BeanCoiNFT Investor Spooderman Meme Medal
Sep 6, 2015
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Pelicans, Perf Wildcats
if theres one thing im learning in life is that you can't re-live your past experiences no matter how fond your memory is.

giphy.gif

Last edited:
I read an article recently which reckoned that the game has never been better for solo play, so I decided to jump back on and have a bit of a look. It's been fun, and I might even resub for a little bit, which I last did when Classic came out but then I hardly even looked at the normal game. I stopped playing way back when Warlords came out so I've got a bit of catching up to do on the lore. As someone who used to play Forsaken a lot, it appears there's been some changes ...

Davo-27

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 9, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Box Hill Hawks
i loved WoW back in 2007-2012, everyday after work i would play until 2am at an internet cafe head home crash and goto work, it was a great time and i made a bunch of friends at the internet cafe, greatest time of my life hanging with the bros playing WoW going partying back to the internet cafe and playing with the bros, so much fun, then i got into watching twitch and not so much playing WoW because the company ruined it, took the magic out of it, i dont know how else to explain it, had a bit of fun with Classic, but got bored, i rather TBC anyways, much more interesting and Arena PvP is my thing, killing other people is much more fun to me than learning how to beat a program, no matter how difficult the program is, players are more flexible and fluid, its much more rewarding killing someone when you have perfected a combo than avoiding some raid mechanic imo.

anyways wanted to share some songs from a couple of WoW content guys on twitch, RIP Reckful, isolation was hard on people with mental illnesses and im sure suicide has been a bane on society in 2020.

Jun 11, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
I read an article recently which reckoned that the game has never been better for solo play, so I decided to jump back on and have a bit of a look. It's been fun, and I might even resub for a little bit, which I last did when Classic came out but then I hardly even looked at the normal game. I stopped playing way back when Warlords came out so I've got a bit of catching up to do on the lore. As someone who used to play Forsaken a lot, it appears there's been some changes ...

i have been screwing around solo just out of boredom. The game is OK but you get to a point where you need people for achievements etc.

Definitely worth the money to screw around on though - I was lucky enough to have a huge gold hoard from back in the day so i just pay monthly subscriptions with tokens.

I'm trying to unlock some of the allied races, but I've hit level 50 and now I have to decide whether to commit and buy the new expansion. I'm playing both sides of the fence on Frostmourne

i did the exact same thing and just said screw it what's $59 bucks. Like i said before i just buy tokens with gold so its not like i'm paying monthly or anything. I'm just gonna do LFR and generally just screw around until i get bored.

On frostmourne also.

Okay so I've ended up buying the expansion so it looks like i'm kind of locked into playing this for the next little while. If anyone wants to chuck an alt in my alt guild for pain-free leveling perks it's Unsociable on Frostmourne (Horde). I have lots of alts and a very short attention span.

Okay so I've ended up buying the expansion so it looks like i'm kind of locked into playing this for the next little while. If anyone wants to chuck an alt in my alt guild for pain-free leveling perks it's Unsociable on Frostmourne (Horde). I have lots of alts and a very short attention span.
Horde frostmourne? Thats a bold move

Selim

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 10, 2014
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
had a while off going back to classic as rumors of classic tbc is coming soon man i need to hit 60

anyone up for starting a new toon and lvling to 60 ahah

Back