Injury Blue Healers Medical Room - 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

He's barely stopped training going by his insta.. I think he's trying to show people it wasn't just a token last year

Start of pre-season would be completely different intensity to keeping fit in the off-season...

Good to hear concentrating on building Cripps’ strength rather than speed
In case anyone doesn't have the time to read the article or watch the video, here is a quick summary.

Cripps, Betts and Doc progressing quite well and will be training with main group very soon.

In some slightly disappointing news, Kemp is still about a month away from resuming to proper training, and Newman may not even be ready for rd 1.

Marchbank's knee and hammy issues are still quite puzzling. The club isn't giving away too much information, but they keep pushing his return date further and further back. Still looks a decent chance for rd 1.

On Cripps...

“He’s basically doing 95% of the training now, so he’s in great shape,” he said.
“He’s had a fantastic off-season, he worked hard on his body strength.
“We tried to make him a bit lighter last year and get his run up, but we’ve gone back to making him strong.”

Think this is a good move from the club!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In case anyone doesn't have the time to read the article or watch the video, here is a quick summary.

Cripps, Betts and Doc progressing quite well and will be training with main group very soon.

In some slightly disappointing news, Kemp is still about a month away from resuming to proper training, and Newman may not even be ready for rd 1.

Marchbank's knee and hammy issues are still quite puzzling. The club isn't giving away too much information, but they keep pushing his return date further and further back. Still looks a decent chance for rd 1.

Interesting at the bottom of that story, there's the regulation table.

It says Docherty "ankle"?

I had thought his issues were solely his recovery from his 'Sam Rowe' experience?

It's staggering how quickly Cripps has returned to 95%
I've had shoulder surgery 3 times (though not for same issue as him) and he's setting a world record pace..
Wrapped to hear they are building him back up for strength, would help his shoulders out more.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Shoulders aside, it's hard not to think his 'loss' of form in 2020 was related to his personal stuff?

Hopefully, amore normal life in Melbourne will address much, if not all, of that.

It's staggering how quickly Cripps has returned to 95%
I've had shoulder surgery 3 times (though not for same issue as him) and he's setting a world record pace..
Wrapped to hear they are building him back up for strength, would help his shoulders out more.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

even more staggering when you contrast it to our other players. Every injury is different and recovery will of course differ across players, but it would be great if for once, the majority of our injured players are ahead as to behind their recovery pathway.

I had thought his issues were solely his recovery from his 'Sam Rowe' experience?
Doch had an ankle cleanout over the off-season so that's why the club is giving us an update on him, and why ankle would be referenced in the table

He missed rd 18 due to some ankle problems. In the off-season he had minor ankle surgery, but he seems all good now. This was all on top of the testicular cancer.

Poor bloke can't catch a break, especially when you consider the two prior ACLs.

Looks like the rumours were right all along :(

Seems a bit weird how Gibbo mentioned how great he was a training today when in reality he had a serious injury. None the less wish him all the best, and hope it isn't too serious.

Last edited:
Looks like the rumours were right all along :(

What I don't understand is why the club made Gibbo mention how great he was a training today. Wish him all the best, and hope it isn't serious.
What do you mean the club made him, he wasn't reading off a teleprompter

Remove this Banner Ad

Back