Adrian Dodoro: Football’s Biggest Fraud IMO

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So which is it?

He won more clearances because he had a more talented midfield group around him at GWS?

Or he's the go-to guy at a coalface and wins clearances because of a less talented midfield group at Essendon?

You're all over the shop mate, but what I think is clear is that Dylan Shiel isn't an outside midfielder. So once again, you're wrong.

If you carry on in the real world the way you do here, I doubt these exist.

How are these two concepts mutually exclusive? If you're primed as the go to guy you're going to win clearances by default, but if you've got a bunch of mature talented mature midfielders around you you've got an even better opportunity to generate clearances.

Do you also quote and double quote yourself in the real world? We all know reality is far different from the narrow parameters of the internet, and that couldn't be more apparent in this very thread, with some of the mental gymnastics and lopsided delusions of a number of Bombre supporters.

After all this I'm still yet to be convinced Dodoro's doing a good job.

And yet to be convinced he’s doing a poor job hence the constant replies.

What I don’t get, the constant introduction of ideas that get debunked or aren’t exclusively Adrians fault yet he is tarnished with the ‘it’s his fault Essendon is crap’ brush.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where was the second 1st round pick coming from? We knew the Bulldogs were firm on wanting your 2021 1st round pick, but you would have had to sacrifice at least one early pick from 2020 which the Bulldogs would have presumably on-traded into the next years draft.
I'm a little confused. The scenario you've just described is two first rounders ... which was too much.
Then why was Dunkley head hunted? You say you weren’t in the position to pay the price (with trade picks) and he plays a position that doesn’t need to be filled...poor Dunkley. Just another pawn in Dodo’s game play.
Can you not see why we are questioning this?
My completely personal speculation is that I very much doubt we were expecting him to say "I'll come over" this year. For every player who nominates a club, there will have been 9 (or more) who turned the club down. You have lots of irons in the fire, and you're never sure who will say "yes". Most don't change clubs, and many who do will have been talking to several clubs and can only choose one. I expect we saw Dunkley as a strong candidate, and we were definitely working on him, but it was probably a surprise he decided to come this year with 2 years on his contract.

Also (and I'm completely ok with BF posters taking this with many grains of salt) the EFC "in the knows" prior to trade week were saying that there was a semi-understanding between EFC and the Bulldogs, and that it was on this basis that Dunkley publicly asked for a trade. They also say that the Bulldogs then increased their demand from the initial negotiations. Is that true? Who knows. If it is, was it because the Bulldogs never wanted to trade Dunkley and played us, re-evaluated Dunkley, re-evaluated our available picks? Did EFC completely misread the communications/tea-leaves, or were delusional? Again, who knows. Certainly nobody on BF.

If it is true, then you can hardly blame the recruiting team for going for it if the Bulldogs initial demand was deemed acceptable. You expect to have to pay the original price in a negotiation or less. Not have the cost increase. If they completely mis-understood the Bulldogs communications (or were always wildly delusional on what would get the deal done), then that's pretty crap by them. The only people who probably really knows is Dunkley and his manager, since they're probably the only "third parties" who were in discussions with both sides.

Finally, although definitely not optimal not to get the deal done, I think paying well overs would be worse than accepting it can't be done at the price you are willing to pay. It has ramifications for future deals, but our list needs to rebuild and spending too much currency on one player is probably worse.

Last edited:
How is this guy still at Essendon?

Words cannot describe how happy I am that Dodoro turned down Pick 9 in the 2019 draft and the Swans first pick in the 2020 draft for Daniher. If Essendon accepted that deal (which was way overs anyway) then Essendon would have Logan McDonald now.

A part of me is worried that the Swans even offered that for Daniher. We were only saved by Dodoro's stupidity.

How is this guy still at Essendon?

You are preaching to the choir mate

Dodoro shouldn't be the only bloke I would sack would get rid of Xavier Campell who seems to be only interested in how many sponsors he can sign up also the majority of the board who agreed to give Worstfold a contract extension and coach hand over plan

I'm a little confused. The scenario you've just described is two first rounders ... which was too much.

My completely personal speculation is that I very much doubt we were expecting him to say "I'll come over" this year. For every player who nominates a club, there will have been 9 (or more) who turned the club down. You have lots of irons in the fire, and you're never sure who will say "yes". Most don't change clubs, and many who do will have been talking to several clubs and can only choose one. I expect we saw Dunkley as a strong candidate, and we were definitely working on him, but it was probably a surprise he decided to come this year with 2 years on his contract.

Also (and I'm completely ok with BF posters taking this with many grains of salt) the EFC "in the knows" prior to trade week were saying that there was a semi-understanding between EFC and the Bulldogs, and that it was on this basis that Dunkley publicly asked for a trade. They also say that the Bulldogs then increased their demand from the initial negotiations. Is that true? Who knows. If it is, was it because the Bulldogs never wanted to trade Dunkley and played us, re-evaluated Dunkley, re-evaluated our available picks? Did EFC completely misread the communications/tea-leaves, or were delusional? Again, who knows. Certainly nobody on BF.

If it is true, then you can hardly blame the recruiting team for going for it if the Bulldogs initial demand was deemed acceptable. You expect to have to pay the original price in a negotiation or less. Not have the cost increase. If they completely mis-understood the Bulldogs communications (or were always wildly delusional on what would get the deal done), then that's pretty crap by them. The only people who probably really knows is Dunkley and his manager, since they're probably the only "third parties" who were in discussions with both sides.

Finally, although definitely not optimal not to get the deal done, I think paying well overs would be worse than accepting it can't be done at the price you are willing to pay. It has ramifications for future deals, but our list needs to rebuild and spending too much currency on one player is probably worse.

Dogs were blindsided by the request for trade by Dunkley.

It seems some people you are listening to are buying into Adrian's alternate reality.

Love Adrian's ability to construct a narrative. Helps keep the likes of Lloydo, Robbo and Watto in work during trade period.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

never stops winning

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back