2021 Australian Summer of Tennis*

How will the Aussie Open look

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I think it was 2018.

Bouchard lost last night so she misses out on the AO

Just looked it up, it was in 2019. He had that random tournament win in China 2018 that got him back in the top 100 for a little while.

Tomic through to the final round of qualifying beating the young Aussie Tristian Schoolkate after having match point. He now somehow faces another Australian in journeyman JP Smith. Somehow Tomic might actually be favourite for this, you can't make this stuff up....

So knowing Tomic will tank and lose

True that, Victorian government is not going to give anyone special treatment .

So Mirka didn't want to stay indoors
I wouldn’t want to stay locked in a hotel room with four kids either

I think it’s pretty crazy Federer is still trying to travel with his family, but I guess at his age and with his amount of money he can afford to be picky about the conditions he competes under.

Genie losing to some girl I've never heard of, what's new with her
sigh. I thought she had changed. TBF, I haven't heard of most of the Chinese players. Easy to keep track when there was only a couple, but all the names now just seem samey and mix into together. (cultural thing, not saying it is bad. please don't kill me) . And there is a lot of them around now in the 100's who play the WTA China circuit.

Schmieds is into the last round. Bernie making it to Australia would be interesting to say the least. Big game for him. Not only is it a ticket to the open, but it is also a ticket to an ATP tournament down here as well. it is for all these players.

Is anyone else feeling depressed that in a normal year we would be only a few days away from the start of the Aus open and thinking what matches we want to watch. This year feels like they will cancel all crowds in the last few days before the tournament

I'm feeling depressed about the lack of normal seasons we are seeing in Tennis, Basketball, Soccer and AFL.

Can't wait to normality has returned and things function how they should.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pretty sad to see this mentality really. The fear and paranoia people have over an invisible threat. I must’ve missed all the young healthy people dropping dead in Victoria last year. Willing to embrace any restrictions placed over fear. When looking at statistics, and they should still mean something, this threat is totally overblown.
A record high 1,564 deaths from COVID in the UK today ! Tell me what's overblown about that.
These new strains of COVID are clearly more contagious.
We beat down the second wave in Victoria and now can live our lives somewhat normally.
If bringing in these tennis people from COVID hotspots around the globe leads to a third wave and more lockdowns in Victoria there will be hell to pay.

A record high 1,564 deaths from COVID in the UK today ! Tell me what's overblown about that.
These new strains of COVID are clearly more contagious.
We beat down the second wave in Victoria and now can live our lives somewhat normally.
If bringing in these tennis people from COVID hotspots around the globe leads to a third wave and more lockdowns in Victoria there will be hell to pay.
Over 64k died in January 2018 of the flu in the UK, were you aware of that? Why didn’t we hear more about that?

Over 64k died in January 2018 of the flu in the UK, were you aware of that? Why didn’t we hear more about that?
How about you stick to tennis discussion. You are making absolute bullshit claims. You want the actual facts instead of spreading lies.

64,000 people died in January 2018 in England and Wales of all causes. That's right ALL CAUSES, not just the flu. In all of winter 2018, 22,000 deaths were attributed to the flu in that area.

How about you stick to tennis discussion. You are making absolute bullshit claims. You want the actual facts instead of spreading lies.

64,000 people died in January 2018 in England and Wales of all causes. That's right ALL CAUSES, not just the flu. In all of winter 2018, 22,000 deaths were attributed to the flu in that area.
So mate, tell me why the flu has drastically disappeared all over? Have a think. Could it be because suddenly everything is being attributed to covid? You need to open your eyes. Can you not see what is happening?

By any chance do you have the average age of those 1.5k deaths? That’d be interesting. Lots of healthy, young people I guess?

Tomic has made it through to the AO main draw. He is back!
i am shocked he played 9 sets and won 2 super duper match tie breaks at the end of matches. Must have worked on his stamina. maybe his new girlfriend bit him into action.......

6 LL for either sex are also travelling to Aus.

also this

Will be interesting if he can come. Probably shredding the virus. Tennys is also not the most errrrr.. "helpful" bloke in regards to this as well

i am shocked he played 9 sets and won 2 super duper match tie breaks at the end of matches. Must have worked on his stamina. maybe his new girlfriend bit him into action.......

His draw will go down for me as one of the most laughable any player could have. He got very, very lucky.

Back