Podcast BigFooty Tigercast Summercast - CRAIG LAMBERT INTERVIEW

Remove this Banner Ad

Hello Tigercast fans and welcome to a bit of a side project called the Summercast, a great concept by captain blood 17

The idea of the Summercast is we will try and get a few past players on for a chat in the lead up to our regular shows starting back up at the start of the season.

First up we have a Tiger who played 123 games, kicked 53 goals before finishing his career at Brisbane.
He won the Jack Dyer medal in 1991, wore the long sleeve jumper in style and wore the number 4..

Craig Lambert!!

captain blood 17 and I sat down (virtually) with Craig Lambert last night to chat about his time as a Tiger.

I just want to say straight off the bat that Craig was amazing, very open, very honest and very generous with his time.

What we spoke about:

-Where did Craig start off and his pathway onto Richmonds under 19 list
-The transition from Under 19's to the Senior list under Kevin Bartlett and how that come about
-His debut season including his first game and first win
-Playing State of Origin football
-The Save our Skins Campaign and how it impacted him as a player.
-His 1991 career best season, including the famous 'mothers day massacre' game vs Collingwood in Round 8 of 1991
-The departure of Kevin Bartlett and the impact it had on Craig and the players.
-The arrival of Alan Jeans and the differences of coaching styles.
-Arrival of John Northy
-Craig opens up about the real story on how he ended up at Brisbane, I'm not sure how many people know the truth on this one but it was fascinating.
-What it was like to be the 2018 homecoming hero
-Presenting Sydney Stack with his Guernsey.
-How it came about that he ended up wearing the number 4
-His thoughts on the current tigers.

Plus more!

this is an absolute cracker, he is a tiger man through and through.

NOTE: I have noticed some audio issues in the first 4 minutes of the recording, it stops once we get into asking questions though at the 4 min mark.

Enjoy:

Be sure to take up his offer to put you in touch with some other players of that era... Flea, Buck Rogers, Butch Gale, Scotty Turner, Freezer, Brian "Drinks Card" Leys, Naishy... they'd all have some great stories to tell.

Hello Tigercast fans and welcome to a bit of a side project called the Summercast, a great concept by captain blood 17

The idea of the Summercast is we will try and get a few past players on for a chat in the lead up to our regular shows starting back up at the start of the season.

First up we have a Tiger who played 123 games, kicked 53 goals before finishing his career at Brisbane.
He won the Jack Dyer medal in 1991, wore the long sleeve jumper in style and wore the number 4..

Craig Lambert!!

captain blood 17 and I sat down (virtually) with Craig Lambert last night to chat about his time as a Tiger.

I just want to say straight off the bat that Craig was amazing, very open, very honest and very generous with his time.

What we spoke about:

-The transition from Under 19's to the Senior list under Kevin Bartlett and how that come about
-His 1991 career best season, including the famous 'mothers day massacre' game vs Collingwood in Round 8 of 1991
-The departure of Kevin Bartlett and the impact it had on Craig and the players.
-Arrival of John Northy
-Craig opens up about the real story on how he ended up at Brisbane, I'm not sure how many people know the truth on this one but it was fascinating.

Plus more!

NOTE: I have noticed some audio issues in the first 4 minutes of the recording, it stops once we get into asking questions though at the 4 min mark.

Enjoy:

nice get lads, well done really enjoyed it

Be sure to take up his offer to put you in touch with some other players of that era... Flea, Buck Rogers, Butch Gale, Scotty Turner, Freezer, Brian "Drinks Card" Leys, Naishy... they'd all have some great stories to tell.

great list to work off. Hard to prioritise but Scotty Turner would be #1 for me

great list to work off. Hard to prioritise but Scotty Turner would be #1 for me

He would probably have the record for having most goals kicked on him per game

He would probably have the record for having most goals kicked on him per game

who cares. Plucked out of the bush leagues and had a career with some ******* brilliant highlights. Rarely happens

Nice work Michaels and team. I've got a photo of myself (when I was a kid) with Lambo in the rooms at the 'G (must have been early 90's I think) - was a great bloke back then and sounds like he still very much is. Good memories.

Nice work Michaels and team. I've got a photo of myself (when I was a kid) with Lambo in the rooms at the 'G (must have been early 90's I think) - was a great bloke back then and sounds like he still very much is. Good memories.
Thanks mate.

My auntie just sent me a photo I had with Craig in 1989, I was 2!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Craig Lambert!!

What we spoke about:

-Arrival of John Northy

Plus more!

Enjoy:

Great listen. Thanks

Listened on YouTube guys, it was great! Really enjoyed the insights & honesty from Graig & genuine potential from his offer toward the end re-introductions etc to other players🐯🏆

Thanks mate.

My auntie just sent me a photo I had with Craig in 1989, I was 2!
Best day - will always remember it (it was actually at Vic Park). I still wear that scarf to the games I attend, still have that autograph pad somewhere and still have those player badges. The late 80's parachute material jacket not so much.

IMG_6322.png

Michaels thanks for posting Scotty interview. Have you guys been doing this for over 3 years? Wow!! I didn't think it been that long! 🐯......👍

Michaels thanks for posting Scotty interview. Have you guys been doing this for over 3 years? Wow!! I didn't think it been that long! 🐯......👍
No worries at all!

Other player interviews we have:

Richo
Kane Johnson
Kelvin Moore
Darren Gaspar
Marc Dragicevic
Mark Coughlan
Daniel Jackson

if you want any of them let me know!

yep we kicked this off in mid 2017 :)

Forgot to mention, when Lambo mentioned about our culture and the players getting around an injured opposition player, CB17 chimed in and said it was Conca. I can't remember who it was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Cuddles. Have a feeling it was against the Crows, when Tex dropped his strapping on the field and one of our guys picked it up as they were leaving.

Forgot to mention, when Lambo mentioned about our culture and the players getting around an injured opposition player, CB17 chimed in and said it was Conca. I can't remember who it was, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't Cuddles. Have a feeling it was against the Crows, when Tex dropped his strapping on the field and one of our guys picked it up as they were leaving.

Nope, it was Conca. He was brought down in a tackle from Buddy and dislocated his ankle really bad. All the players got around him and Dave Astbury never left his side the whole time.

Nope, it was Conca. He was brought down in a tackle from Buddy and dislocated his ankle really bad. All the players got around him and Dave Astbury never left his side the whole time.
I reckon there was a game where the team went over to an opposition player who was injured too.

I reckon there was a game where the team went over to an opposition player who was injured too.

There was, but Craig was talking about our game and culture.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Remove this Banner Ad

Back