Training 2021 Pre-Season

Remove this Banner Ad

Higgins is the guy...

We know Crouch comes in, we know Frawley/Carlisle are cover for each other. We know the likes of Hanners and Gresh having a full pre season is ideal for us.

If Higgins gets back to his Rising Star form or better, if he fits into the system were playing and cements a spot in our 22... Look out

Spot on Birdy , just because he has a tan and some F----ed up hair cut it wont help him play better
I didn't see anything different from Sinclair at training.
Looks very fit so giving himself every chance to improve which is all we can ask of any player.

Interesting article on Fox Sports website today regarding the re emergence of Manchester United,with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer,using the same system as what the Saints are doing this season,providing our Stars with depth.
That depth has enabled the Reds to surge to the top of the Table.
Also mentions that since Alex Ferguson,they had not recruited a Manager that could get the best out of the players.
Solskjaer is doing that and is another reason why Man U are a Threat again

I think Sinclair has shown he can comfortably be best 22. A smart footballer with some good traits, if he can take it up another level from his good season last year then we're laughing.

Why are some banging on about how good Sincs was last year , his best year 2017 and has gone backwards ever since , i dont dislike him in any way , i just think with the added depth we have now he is going to struggle to get a spot and keep it

so just so im reading this right ... the saints are currently running 3 players short of the maximum list space and Robbo is now looking very unlikely to play again possibly retiring ... so that would mean potentially 4 list spots ..

also we got Mason Wood running round with the team

Why are some banging on about how good Sincs was last year , his best year 2017 and has gone backwards ever since , i dont dislike him in any way , i just think with the added depth we have now he is going to struggle to get a spot and keep it
Narr sorry.
2017 isn't relevant. Was that when he was an "elite" winger? LMAO, that was such tripe.

I don't think he's best 22, but best 25 is likely.
Everything up until the disappearance of Richo no longer counts, and based on last year Sincs was one of the guys to noticeably improve, with no small thanks to getting games with a consistent roll finally.

I know he's 25yo now, and statistically we're not gonna see any change.
But maybe just hold fire till the end of this season, because belief can be an amazing tonic, and Sincs only needs to produce more of what he already gives, as opposed to finding new tricks.

so just so im reading this right ... the saints are currently running 3 players short of the maximum list space and Robbo is now looking very unlikely to play again possibly retiring ... so that would mean potentially 4 list spots ..

also we got Mason Wood running round with the team

We do ....asked about under 18 players rumoured to be training with us in the future was told that we
are not doing that , we appear to be going down the track of looking at players later in year when other
leagues commence .

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We do ....asked about under 18 players rumoured to be training with us in the future was told that we
are not doing that , we appear to be going down the track of looking at players later in year when other
leagues commence .
Thanks for the updates - any feedback on how Alabakis and Clavarino are looking on the track?

Definitely agree with the likes of Marshall, Coff, Battle, Clark, Wilkie, Long & Paton being the engines of improvement...the potential for those guys is one of the primary reasons I enjoyed watching us last year. If Long can clean up his hits a bit, I can see him being quite damaging by the end of the season...saying that, it is crunch time for him. He has to show a bit more than he has. Dougal to CHF would be an interesting move...think you're going outside the box a little, but no harm in that. Where does Marshall or Ryder go in that situation when resting? We'd be fairly stacked up forward with Dougal up there too.

I think I'm permanently outside the box.....I was thinking CHB and wrote CHF. I think I'm getting alzheimers early. Who cares, I like it, make him play where he doesn't want too anyway.:drunk:

Nah mate , i was just agreeing with you that a lot don't rate him , just because he looks great doesn't me he is going to be any better this year

Shut up, his sick campaigner hair will make him a gun. It's science.

Higgins is the guy...

We know Crouch comes in, we know Frawley/Carlisle are cover for each other. We know the likes of Hanners and Gresh having a full pre season is ideal for us.

If Higgins gets back to his Rising Star form or better, if he fits into the system were playing and cements a spot in our 22... Look out

I'm not overly excited about Higgins, I probably would have preferred to draft a kid myself but can see his charm. He's probably pushing Kent and Lonie for a spot and neither are stars either so I can see some logic. I'm starting to think it might be time to start drafting soon or there will be a lost generation of talent.....well unless miraculously all our ring-ins are stars.

Narr sorry.
2017 isn't relevant. Was that when he was an "elite" winger? LMAO, that was such tripe.

I don't think he's best 22, but best 25 is likely.
Everything up until the disappearance of Richo no longer counts, and based on last year Sincs was one of the guys to noticeably improve, with no small thanks to getting games with a consistent roll finally.

I know he's 25yo now, and statistically we're not gonna see any change.
But maybe just hold fire till the end of this season, because belief can be an amazing tonic, and Sincs only needs to produce more of what he already gives, as opposed to finding new tricks.

I was being facetious about his hair but there is something representative about the hairstyle that screams look at me. For a quiet humble guy who's well mannered it's a bit of a sign of a mental shift to me. He looks like he's decided he can make it. Richo held guys back from flair and it's a good sign that the shackles have dropped off.

I'm not overly excited about Higgins, I probably would have preferred to draft a kid myself but can see his charm. He's probably pushing Kent and Lonie for a spot and neither are stars either so I can see some logic. I'm starting to think it might be time to start drafting soon or there will be a lost generation of talent.....well unless miraculously all our ring-ins are stars.
Higgins is a decent upgrade on Lonie IMO

I think we have more than enough youth and it was a pretty widely expressed sentiment that last years draft was very shallow. I tend to agree that we have a few players very physically similar to Higgins but if he gets back to his top form he makes our wing/half forward line VERY hard to contain.

When I say he’s the one, I think everyone else is a known quantity. He’s the guy that could be anything really.

I think we have more than enough youth and it was a pretty widely expressed sentiment that last years draft was very shallow. I tend to agree that we have a few players very physically similar to Higgins but if he gets back to his top form he makes our wing/half forward line VERY hard to contain.

When I say he’s the one, I think everyone else is a known quantity. He’s the guy that could be anything really.
Im not sure everyone else is a known quantity , we don't really know to what level Hunter, Max , Paton , Coff , Bytel , Byrnes and Gresh will get too, i think Coff will go close to AA this year but how much the others improve is just a guess ATM
I do like the look of Higgins though , hope your right

Im not sure everyone else is a known quantity , we don't really know to what level Hunter, Max , Paton , Coff , Bytel , Byrnes will get too, i think Coff will go close to AA this year but how much the others improve is just a guess ATM
I do like the look of Higgins though , hope your right

Yeh we know exactly what they are, we dont know whether they will improve at a rate of knots or not at all.

We know that the first 4 are best 22 locks, Bytel we hope is by next year and Byrnes is probably unknown but if he winds up best 22 great, if not its not effecting our ladder position.

When i say Higgins is the guy, if he shows up and is his best version, it helps immensely, if he doesnt show up then we probably dont see him for 2 years and hes lost. For me, he is the one i dont have in my best 22 but if he recaptures form he could very well be one of best 5 guys.

Yeh we know exactly what they are, we dont know whether they will improve at a rate of knots or not at all.

We know that the first 4 are best 22 locks, Bytel we hope is by next year and Byrnes is probably unknown but if he winds up best 22 great, if not its not effecting our ladder position.

When i say Higgins is the guy, if he shows up and is his best version, it helps immensely, if he doesnt show up then we probably dont see him for 2 years and hes lost. For me, he is the one i dont have in my best 22 but if he recaptures form he could very well be one of best 5 guys.
What do you mean by we know what they are ? Not getting what your saying and not sure Byrnes is an Unknown just because his first game wasn't a blinder , in the end they chose to play him in front of Bytel so the club obviously rates him

same !!! i only wish we had been able to get him earlier

couldnt agree more

i never got to see polly play but for some reason he reminds me of polly. for the hype nic nat gets, Ryder should be a much bigger name than he is. just a quiality player!!!

leagues commence .

super glad to hear this. very smart move

Remove this Banner Ad

Back