holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Who made the poor decision to move three of the more popular threads on the Fremantle board to the desolation pit that is the purple horde :rolleyes:

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Coney Island Warriors - Sweet F.A.
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Love you too sweety.
You don't think that Indian cricket have been precious on multiple occasion in recent history ?
They are the richest & most powerful cricket nation by far & worshipped by their kin.
Contributing 70% of revenue for the ICC.
They like to flex when they don't get what they want which they always do.
#they threatened to walk during the Symonds monkeygate incident until Singh was reinstated.
#they threatened to walk from the south African series after members of the team were found guilty of ball tampering. All reinstated & umpire removed for the last test.

The BCCI is always pushing there own agenda. The ICC are very much the puppet.

Good draw by the Indians today.
First time I have bothered to turn the cricket on this season.
Well, I now have not one iota of respect for Tim Paine as a human being. What an absolute "goose". You simply don't speak to a batsman as one of your bowlers is one step away from their delivery stride. Cricket is a gentleman's game, and he is about as far from being classed as a gentleman, as one can get. Wasn't this idiot supposedly appointed as captain, in order to resurrect what was quite obviously a flailing team culture?! You literally just sledged Ravi, only to drop him, and essentially lose the match for your own team. Well done buddy! Ashwin's reply to Paine's retort along the lines of, "At least my teammates like me!" should have been, "How much do they like you now?", after Timmy boy dropped him.

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
Crybaby sandpaper Smith also decided to join in on the act, and deliberately scuff Pant's guard.

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
Well, I now have not one iota of respect for Tim Paine as a human being. What an absolute "goose". You simply don't speak to a batsman as one of your bowlers is one step away from their delivery stride. Cricket is a gentleman's game, and he is about as far from being classed as a gentleman, as one can get. Wasn't this idiot supposedly appointed as captain, in order to resurrect what was quite obviously a flailing team culture?! You literally just sledged Ravi, only to drop him, and essentially lose the match for your own team. Well done buddy! Ashwin's reply to Paine's retort along the lines of, "At least my teammates like me!" should have been, "How much do they like you now?", after Timmy boy dropped him.
I don't mind a bit of sledging but that was cringey & then to drop him. 🤣

WaywardSonSon

Cancelled
Jun 27, 2020
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Cool Runnings
I don't mind a bit of sledging but that was cringey & then to drop him. 🤣
Yes indeedy! It was neither witty, nor was it even "banter". Plus you have to select your sledging target wisely - the guy he was sledging is a seriously talented bowler, who literally has more Test centuries than Tim Paine, when batting isn't even his job!

Monument Hills

Cancelled
Dec 12, 2017
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Hufflepuff, Wildcats, WCE womens
Port finished first last year, beat the grand finalist loser in the first week of finals, and only lost by 1 goal in the prelim to the GF winner who has won 3 of the past 4. Plus their youngsters looked good and didn't just rely on the oldies.

they remind me a bit of Richmond supporters calling for Hardwick's head just before their 3 cup period. Why would you want to throw that away?

I would be pretty happy to extend Hinkley for 2 years after last years' efforts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
Port finished first last year, beat the grand finalist loser in the first week of finals, and only lost by 1 goal in the prelim to the GF winner who has won 3 of the past 4. Plus their youngsters looked good and didn't just rely on the oldies.
Under Hinkley Port have consistently underperformed after periods of promise and temptation. IMO the 2 year extension now was premature. I would not be surprised if they fall away in 2021 like they usually do.

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle

they remind me a bit of Richmond supporters calling for Hardwick's head just before their 3 cup period. Why would you want to throw that away?

I would be pretty happy to extend Hinkley for 2 years after last years' efforts.

Yep, spot on. Signing him for 5 years I could understand some angst but a top up after what he's achieved (has then heading in the right direction and a sniff from their main goal) is totally understandable.

Last edited:

Scham

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2004
AFL Club
Fremantle
Under Hinkley Port have consistently underperformed after periods of promise and temptation. IMO the 2 year extension now was premature. I would not be surprised if they fall away in 2021 like they usually do.

There were a few on here predicting that this time last year.

I predicted a strong season for them but thought they'd choke in the finals like they usually do but they didn't and as MH says, its because they rely a lot less on their old timers and stars than they have in the past with a magnificent group of youth coming through. Seeing through or past Westoff was a big step forward for them too. They're on the right track and I'd be very surprised if they weren't there abouts at the pointy end of the season.

May 2, 2017
QLD
AFL Club
Fremantle
I forgot about the 6 month payout clause thing so probably not as hilarious as it could be.

The massive difference is that Cotchin, Martin, Rance, Riewoldt were all still fairly young. Much of Port's top end are 30+ (Dixon, Gray, Boak).

Aug 16, 2009
UK
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Dragons FFC, Old Easts

Mad not to really.

estibador

purple haze
Mar 2, 2007
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Liverpool, Cowboys, Packers, Scorchers

AFL fans are overly emotional idiots for the most part when it comes to footy. There's such an obsession with proving what an elite supporter you are at not 'accepting mediocrity' by declaring any coach who doesn't win the premiership to be a failure.

It leads to very good coaches who consistently put their teams in with a chance of winning a flag to be written off and undervalued. It takes a lot of luck on top of good management to win a flag, especially in such a hopelessly compromised competition like this one that consistently and systematically favours certain teams over others in the name of the dollar.

One thing American sports culture seem to have over us is the ability to recognise that coaches who can produce winning seasons consistently must actually have some talent, even if they don't get the championship in the end.

Purple_Turtle

Stockholm Syndrome
Oct 12, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
South Fremantle, Hull City

Reckon he looks ok in purple.

Diverbelow

Senior List
Mar 4, 2016
AFL Club
Fremantle
Congratulations Liam Hendricks. Perth boy just signed a 4 year deal with Chicago White Socks for around $70 million Aus over 4 years. One of the best closing pitchers in US baseball.

Free-agent closer Liam Hendriks and the Chicago White Sox are in agreement on a multiyear deal, pending a physical, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

The deal is for three years and includes an option for a fourth and guarantees Hendriks $54 million, sources said.

DeanS

Club Legend
May 16, 2007
Tuart Hill
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
East Perth
Congratulations Liam Hendricks. Perth boy just signed a 4 year deal with Chicago White Socks for around $70 million Aus over 4 years. One of the best closing pitchers in US baseball.

Free-agent closer Liam Hendriks and the Chicago White Sox are in agreement on a multiyear deal, pending a physical, sources told ESPN's Jeff Passan.

The deal is for three years and includes an option for a fourth and guarantees Hendriks $54 million, sources said.
Son of ex-West Perth player Geoff Hendricks. $70mill. over 4 years makes the boys decision to focus on baseball instead of footy a good one.

Purpletown

Club Legend
Sep 22, 2014
Restumping
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
SFFC Denver Broncos
AFL fans are overly emotional idiots for the most part when it comes to footy. There's such an obsession with proving what an elite supporter you are at not 'accepting mediocrity' by declaring any coach who doesn't win the premiership to be a failure.

It leads to very good coaches who consistently put their teams in with a chance of winning a flag to be written off and undervalued. It takes a lot of luck on top of good management to win a flag, especially in such a hopelessly compromised competition like this one that consistently and systematically favours certain teams over others in the name of the dollar.

One thing American sports culture seem to have over us is the ability to recognise that coaches who can produce winning seasons consistently must actually have some talent, even if they don't get the championship in the end.

An excellent post. Spot on with your reasoningand observations.

Way too sensible to be on here in fact🤣

Apr 26, 2011
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Wimbledon AFC
The Indian s supporters would be loving him with those dumbly fumblys hands

Remove this Banner Ad

Back