Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

It’s called context. In no way am I trying to condone the actions he’s been accused of. But this story being milked day after day by these trashy websites is toxic. I’ve read online that he’s a predator and he’s fkd a dog but you can’t say the source of the story sells herself on only fans?? Cmon!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It sounds like your solution to these trashy 'news' sites is to make them more trashy.

Sure.

But.

If he kills himself because assholes don't let it be when he is hospitalised with genuine mental health issues, regardless of his conduct, would you think that's perhaps going a bit far?

There's plenty of people commenting in here that i'm convinced would be comfortable with the above scenario.

Patton's in the midst of enduring a fairly public humiliation, what's likely the end of his AFL career, both of which will have some very large long-term repercussions. In addition he may face some form of legal action given the high profile nature of what's going on.

So how far is too far for you?

Him killing himself has nothing to do with criticism against him in this particular affair. If he is getting attacked for his role in this saga then it is fair because he brought it on himself.

Patton's career is finishing regardless of this issue as he has underperformed since day 1 of his career and this simply ended it before he was delisted for performance related issue. Hawthorn should see this as a good thing in that they get rid of a potential troublemaker and can get younger and better players.

All the talk of mental healt is just a copout because mental helath issue isn't unique exclusive to anyone individual. With the right catalyst, anyone can have a mental health episode. What i do find disturbing is that mental health will now be used as a tool to shutdown debate. This is from the same school of thoughts as using race, religion and PC to shutdown debate.

If patton wants to neck himself, i would highly encourage him not to as that's a sign of a coward who doesn't have what it take to handle a failure. At the end of the day, he is getting sacked for ******* up in his job, nothing more. He didn't sleep with any minor when married (Certain former bulldog player who bonked a 17 y.o schoolgirl) or alleged to have raped drunken girls (former saints player) or bonked team mate's wife or bashed his girlfriend.

Patton ****ed up. How bad? Not that big, sackable but that's it, he's not the criminal of the century nor is boys will be boys. He's earned a few million, so he could live very comfortably for a long time and people like him won't be short of jobs as the afl and hawthorn will look after their own. It will be in hawthorn's best interest to ensure Patton has a stable post afl career as if they just turf him out, then it will affect future prospect of recruit players.

Self harm is.
he was admitted, saying he's harmed himself is total conjecture.

I just find it so weird how the guys who have suffered from mental illness are guys seen regularly on the class As, gambling addicts, and people who've rooted someone they shouldn't have.

the only guy who knew he had some s**t to sort out and didn't want to string his club along was Tom Boyd. the rest use it as a get out of jail free card. it is so offensive to those of us who have family with genuine mental illness.

he was admitted, saying he's harmed himself is total conjecture.

I just find it so weird how the guys who have suffered from mental illness are guys seen regularly on the class As, gambling addicts, and people who've rooted someone they shouldn't have.

the only guy who knew he had some sh*t to sort out and didn't want to string his club along was Tom Boyd. the rest use it as a get out of jail free card. it is so offensive to those of us who have family with genuine mental illness.
Oh you’re one of these “my mental illness is the only genuine mental illness”.

Ok then.

Oh you’re one of these “my mental illness is the only genuine mental illness”.

Ok then.
that's not very nice, casting aspersions like that!

the bloke was a fiend, dumb as * not even giving them his burner account, and now he's been outed and feels ashamed. if he does something stupid to himself, I'm not going to feel sorry for him. we're all in charge of our own lives. no campaigner accepts responsibility these days. mistakes, embarrassment, and shame are all natural and normal parts of life.

as one of the lasses said in her text: he's just a little boy.

this reminds me of Dayne Beams... he's pillaging Collingwood for the paycheque (after dogging the Lions) and saying how he's depressed and all this horseshit. he gets cut, and now he's talking about being a drug and betting addict on his website to add to his sob story so he can charge a bunch of bigfooty clowns 250 bucks an hour about 'art.'

where was that honesty during his playing days? it wasn't there because it would have cost him money. it's there now because it makes it for him.

Jesus i wish you were right, and that the young people i directly know were not clinically depressed, had attemptred suicide and had serios crippling mental health. Jesus i wish you were right...but you're not, you're not.

We are both talking in absolutes which needs correcting.

SOME people use mental heath as a shield.

They use it as a get out of jail free card.

Most don't and there are real underlying issues.

Yes, people don't go around advertising they are living with a mental illness.

It just seems a fair few AFL players (and media people) trot it out as soon as they get into trouble for being idiots.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No, don’t be stupid. But it’s relevant to the story. It’s within the public’s interest for this fact to be reported.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No, it's not relevant to the story.

How does the fact that she has a 'Fans Only' account change the facts of the story in any way at all?

It's just a deceptive way of attempting to 'sl*t shame' a victim.

Some blokes here just DO NOT GET IT.

Now aside from the fact that I do feel sorry that Patton has been hospitalized for mental health reasons (I am not cynical enough to believe he is faking it) his behaviour is completely and utterly unacceptable, especially as an example to young impressionable boys/kids who look up to players like Patton.

And let's stop the victim shaming please. She should be applauded for speaking up.

Its a cliched argument but imagine if it was your sister or daughter etc who was sent lewd photos of their junk from some AFL Player. I would be extremely fuming.

One of those girls is on onlyfans. Would you be proud of your daughter or sister if they were on onlyfans ?

Some blokes here just DO NOT GET IT.

Now aside from the fact that I do feel sorry that Patton has been hospitalized for mental health reasons (I am not cynical enough to believe he is faking it) his behaviour is completely and utterly unacceptable, especially as an example to young impressionable boys/kids who look up to players like Patton.

And let's stop the victim shaming please. She should be applauded for speaking up.

Its a cliched argument but imagine if it was your sister or daughter etc who was sent lewd photos of their junk from some AFL Player. I would be extremely fuming.
But it's not. When it happens I might fume, although she can handle herself.

If patton wants to neck himself, i would highly encourage him not to as that's a sign of a coward who doesn't have what it take to handle a failure

Right, so I guess killing himself is only too far because it makes him a coward to people on the Internet who want their pound of flesh?

Jesus.

Right, so I guess killing himself is only too far because it makes him a coward to people on the Internet who want their pound of flesh?

Jesus.

Errr, jesus don't want nothing to do with this. This is a stupid man doing stupid things. Perhaps he needs to read the bible a bit and gain some inspiration from the teachings of jesus.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back