Sherrinator

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 1, 2004
SEQLD
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
BBFFC, Southport AFC
I expected more from CEY last year when he got some opportunities. Coming from Adelaide maybe his fitness level was an issue right from the start.
He looked like he could also do with losing a few kg as well.
Listed as 190 cm & 96 kg but who knows how correct that weight figure is. He looked heavier than that to me.
Hopefully he is lighter and fitter this year. We need all players to improve from 2020.

He is definitely a few yards off the pace in any position he plays. Reckon we stitched ourselves up a bit playing him v Geelong.

BangyBangy

BangyBangyMightyLoins
Oct 16, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Unfortunately CEY moves like a 1960’s cruise ship, slow with a large turning circle. He also takes way to long to make decisions by hand or foot, so gets caught with the ball, or fires out a hospital pass to a player who was open and in the clear 3 seconds before.

I actually think he does a hell of a lot right. The way I see it he reads the game well, & gets in good positions. I'm not convinced he's slow, but don't deny he should improve his agility.

From what I've seen, he's just not a one touch player. Maybe ask Lachie for some help & hire Diesel Williams for some one on one mentoring. Can't hurt. He's got one season to get it right.

Jul 15, 2003
Vegas
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No. We’re way behind every other club. Both in the type and amount of content.
Swanny has done a lot of great things for the club but unfortunately, I think he is badly out of touch when it comes to digital engagement and it’s potentially going to do us real damage down the track.

The days when the club could rely on people getting all their footy news from the Courier Mail are long over. The world has changed, and it is continuing to do so at an even faster rate.

Can’t help but get the feeling that Swanny is perhaps a little long in the tooth to understand how things work now.

Yes he looks somewhat cumbersome out there, hopefully 2021 is a leaner quicker version. If not as someone said we have Ely and Dev as possibilities for that role

Always thought we would go for Hugh Greenwood instead, but we settled for the other big mid from Adelaide. CEY is a bit of one trick pony, if he can't be in the middle for clearance then he's a liability around the ground unfortunately.

lioninthesand

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 22, 2016
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Obviously I do miss the point who could honestly gives a stuff about that sort of stuff, even if our social media is not as good as other teams it’s probably only marginally worse

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It's the way the club presents itself to the public, it's important and worthy of discussion and debate.

Oct 13, 2015
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
No. We’re way behind every other club. Both in the type and amount of content.

I think you can directly tie this to COVID cuts. Pre Covid I though Josie was pretty decent at ensuring things got out there (though not at the standard of some other, better resourced clubs), and since she left and they paid Hammo a slab to do it on his off days it has been easily the worst in the competition.

w5eyItWXaz2PtGHnE7nQV7tyhJvhyDD8NUNkrFZbUMuIOUnBnmE-y8Kq2aubvO74GE3B3Yud3_YpSLvq4OsN7Ux93uJ5hUxRg3WljV4hSI5883rc0f3f9tHo68fAbYdTLcW648ToD0St3ZoSwYYiINmB6f68ntiBnCmV4EIACl__hyDbIJiMUQQfdHdTAQ

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
I think you can directly tie this to COVID cuts. Pre Covid I though Josie was pretty decent at ensuring things got out there (though not at the standard of some other, better resourced clubs), and since she left and they paid Hammo a slab to do it on his off days it has been easily the worst in the competition.
I wonder if all clubs are operating under the same off field cap now?

There was a noticeable drop off from 2018 to 2019 in the type and amount of SM from the club.

I thought Josie was very good with player interviews, but that is only one part of SM.

Nov 8, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

I actually think under Josie our media was one of the best in the league. A couple of player videos each week, a podcast dropped every week like clockwork, fagan and noble doing the media circuit. I follow quite a few clubs and always found our content comparable or better.

It's non-existent now. As others have eluded to it's really not hard to put a camera in front of one of the players after training and get a 5minute snippet out there.

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Dylan12 wants weekly Jarrod Berry interviews

jackess

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts
Aug 10, 2005
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions

Given I've ratted on the Classic brand a few times, credit where credit is due, but that singlet Joe and Cam are wearing is probably the nicest looking training top I've seen in our 25 year history.

Not sure about blue on blue. Maybe maroon shorts would look better but agree it's a nice top.

M Malice

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2015
By the Gabba.
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Valleys. Chelsea.
One of my grandsons is changing schools this year ie. from Brisbane State High to St. Laurence's College, he found out yesterday at his pre enrolment interview that Harry Sharp will be attending the school this year, I told the grandson to get on him for the win in the school cross country, and 800/1500 meter wins at the athletics carnival.

briztoon

Wannabe Draft Nuffie
Nov 28, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
NUFC, Philadelphia 76'ers
One of my grandsons is changing schools this year ie. from Brisbane State High to St. Laurence's College, he found out yesterday at his pre enrolment interview that Harry Sharp will be attending the school this year, I told the grandson to get on him for the win in the school cross country, and 800/1500 meter wins at the athletics carnival.
Laurie’s is turning in to, if it already isn’t, Brisbane’s top AFL private school.

What grades would Hodge’s boys be in this year?

Sep 19, 2013
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
That's the school with the oval on top of the hospital carpark I think. They are resurfacing the field and building the fence higher as we speak. Must have known he was on his way.

FFB1

Premiership Player
Feb 25, 2007
Melbourne Vic
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Boronia Hawks

Given I've ratted on the Classic brand a few times, credit where credit is due, but that singlet Joe and Cam are wearing is probably the nicest looking training top I've seen in our 25 year history.

Purchased one of them and it's a ripper.

Back