Membership 2021

Remove this Banner Ad

6. First in best dressed. I used 2020 to try seats everywhere. Only area I dont really like are the top tier of the western stand.

So if I don't mind asking Dirty Bird but where do you think are the best seats that are reserved then at Adelaide Oval cause it has been ages since I've been to a sporting event at AO since I moved to Canberra for a while before returning here again?

So what is the difference between the silver/gold reserved seating then?

Is it like Gold members get access before Silver members you saying?

As well, does it get busy in that non-reserved western side area at all?
I've always been essential. I tend to sit in similar places I sit watching the cricket. No problem finding a decent seat unless you're in a group. Some pretty good options for seating. If you want perfect seating though you need to be at the gates when they open.

Personally I like the option in viewing the game from different places. Also tend to get a few opposition fans in amongst it

I've always been essential. I tend to sit in similar places I sit watching the cricket. No problem finding a decent seat unless you're in a group. Some pretty good options for seating. If you want perfect seating though you need to be at the gates when they open.

Personally I like the option in viewing the game from different places

Tbh I don't mind paying the extra to sit in that area cause I know how good the seating is.

The problem is I worry how busy it literally gets over there in that area and I don't want to be running like a headless chook looking for limited seats like I'm Charlie looking for a golden ticket from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:

If it isn't as busy as I think it was, I might just get the Essential Crow Membership instead

Tbh I don't mind paying the extra to sit in that area cause I know how good the seating is.

The problem is I worry how busy it literally gets over there in that area and I don't want to be running like a headless chook looking for limited seats like I'm Charlie looking for a golden ticket from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy: :tearsofjoy:
Really just boils down to where you want to sit. If you know its going to be a big crowd, just get there a little earlier. No-one there has a problem throwing an item of clothing, scarf or a bag over the seat to reserve it and come back just before the game starts

Also doubt the crowds will be huge next year

Really just boils down to where you want to sit. If you know its going to be a big crowd, just get there a little earlier. No-one there has a problem throwing an item of clothing, scarf or a bag over the seat to reserve it and come back just before the game starts

Also doubt the crowds will be huge next year

i would suspect it would be the same as last season where every seat was reserved but with higher numbers

i would suspect it would be the same as last season where every seat was reserved but with higher numbers
I'm going to enjoy to going next year. Didn't go to any games last season. Looking forward to seeing some the young fellas play. Seriously though, you can pretty much always get a reasonable seat in the western stand if your get there and hour or so before the game starts

I'm going to enjoy to going next year. Didn't go to any games last season. Looking forward to seeing some the young fellas play. Seriously though, you can pretty much always get a reasonable seat in the western stand if your get there and hour or so before the game starts

That's alright then, it sucks though how the fixture for this year is just going to be rolled out the dates of the rounds later then usually though can't seem to plan around anything especially when you live a hour away from the stadium :huh:

Looks like I better start camping near the stadium the day before the match starts for the best seats :tearsofjoy: ;)

Last edited:
So if I don't mind asking Dirty Bird but where do you think are the best seats that are reserved then at Adelaide Oval cause it has been ages since I've been to a sporting event at AO since I moved to Canberra for a while before returning here again?
Adelaide Oval Map | (ticketmaster.com)

Best facilities would be the category 2 in the Riverbank stand

Best view would be the category 2 in the eastern GRAND STAND

Best atmosphere would probably be category 3 in the Riverbank Stand, however, I experienced that 2017 PF night, so it might not be normally the case.

Best view and atmosphere would be the category 2 in the eastern GRAND STAND

Sweet, thanks mate for the advice.

Didn't think you would tell your secrets out to supporters like us ;)

Hope I catch you around at AO soon supporting those mighty crows when they ain't playing us :p

Last edited:
Sweet, thanks mate for the advice.

Didn't think you would tell your secrets out to supporters like us ;)

Hope I catch you around at AO soon supporting those mighty crows when they ain't playing us :p
Personally, Ill never give up my seats (row B, bay 537) but if it came to finals and I got what ever was deemed best available. I'd only be dissapointed at the 100 level (a little flat to see the other end, especially if in the pockets/end of the field) or anywhere in the Western Stand (what you'd be getting with the essential crows membership) as the facilities are tripe. ie. You sit in the 400s level, you have to go to the 300s level to get drinks and basic food. And if you sit in either the 400 or 300 level, you have to get to the 100s level for food beyond balfours or packets of chips. You have to go to 100s level for everything too if you're in the 200s level, but that's like 10 steps so no issue.

I actually laugh, those 2015-17 campaigns I wanted to just try the facilities in the western stand to see if it was any good.

Sat in the 300s level for the AFLw GF, Essendon and Richmond games last year
Sat in the 400s level for the SANFL SF
Sat in the 200s level for the Hawthorn game last year

After doing it 5 times in the past 2 years, I really dont want to do it at full capacity (yeah, I did it for the AFLw GF, but I refused to judge the facilities as they didnt plan for the crowd numbers and things were worse than normal. ie. I dont believe the bars on the 300s level were even open till half time)

Personally, Ill never give up my seats (row B, bay 537) but if it came to finals and I got what ever was deemed best available. I'd only be dissapointed at the 100 level (a little flat to see the other end, especially if in the pockets/end of the field) or anywhere in the Western Stand (what you'd be getting with the essential crows membership) as the facilities are tripe. ie. You sit in the 400s level, you have to go to the 300s level to get drinks and basic food. And if you sit in either the 400 or 300 level, you have to get to the 100s level for food beyond balfours or packets of chips. You have to go to 100s level for everything too if you're in the 200s level, but that's like 10 steps so no issue.

Oh I see, this might sound like a dumb question but are you allowed to bring food and drinks from outside the stadium these days at AO?

Just would seem a lot more cheaper and less waiting in line for food and beverages

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh I see, this might sound like a dumb question but are you allowed to bring food and drinks from outside the stadium these days at AO?

Just would seem a lot more cheaper and less waiting in line for food and beverages
food yes

drinks though?
alcohol no
non-alcohol. Think it has to be sealed???

food yes

drinks though?
alcohol no
non-alcohol. Think it has to be sealed???

I think it was the same when I went to the footy at Manuka Oval regarding non-alcohol drinks. I remember going to AO before moving to Canberra for a while and I don't think it had to be sealed so it must be a new thing that was formed couple of years ago for all stadiums

Lots of this convo reminded me of the real estate guy that relocated back to Australia and was asking if anyone knew of any good agencies around a certain area.

Got to get the best deal somehow pal ;)

Best view would be the category 2 in the eastern GRAND STAND

Best atmosphere would probably be category 3 in the Riverbank Stand, however, I experienced that 2017 PF night, so it might not be normally the case.
Best view, standing at the window of the Ridings Bar.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Are we expecting 75% capacity by season start?

As an 11 game member I love where I sit, but I'm worried we'll have to "apply for a seat" each game and we'll just get given wherever.... as much as I appreciate being able to go to a few games last season I didn't like that I was in a different spot every week

You won’t have to wear it in your seat but walking around, that’s not the end of the world if it gets more people in

Surprisingly masks haven't been required for the BBL season - and the first 5 Strikers matches they had the 'Pod' set up the Gabba had late in the AFL season/AFL Finals where there was no seat gap between spectators (but a couple of rows gap between 'pods' of seating blocks sold).

For some reason, they reverted back to chequerboard style seating for the additional batch of matches moved here in the past week or so. Given the small crowds for BBL matches this season, either seating option hasn't been a major issue as people have naturally spread out during the game.

It seems odd that Adelaide Oval doesn't even need people to check in with the QR code yet the Entertainment Centre/Coopers Stadium patrons do need to check in with the QR code and mask up around the venue (and at their seats at the Entertainment Centre).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back