• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
So mate, tell me why the flu has drastically disappeared all over? Have a think. Could it be because suddenly everything is being attributed to covid? You need to open your eyes. Can you not see what is happening?

By any chance do you have the average age of those 1.5k deaths? That’d be interesting. Lots of healthy, young people I guess?
Yeah good one, change your argument after your bullshit claim was debunked.

My 91 year old and 89 year old grandmother's are still alive and I'd like to still be able to visit them and have them around for a while yet. I work in a job where if covid got out of hand like it has in many countries around the world, I wouldn't be able to visit them due to concern of me spreading it to them. My 57 year old 2nd cousin was in ICU in Italy with covid. He's a fit and healthy man for his age.

You clearly love to have the final say about this, but I disagree with your position entirely. I'll listen to the medical advice from medical professionals.

Returning to the tennis, if players don't like the conditions of entry and play, don't turn up. I'm sure most of them will play and will accept the conditions they'll have to live by while here.

As someone who lives in Melbourne who was in lockdown for over 100 days, who went from over 700 cases in a day to 0 at the moment, who will be able to attend the Australian Open in a couple of weeks time, I'm happy with the fact it's taking place and everything is being done to prevent the virus being spread from anyone involved in the tennis community, to the community of Melbourne.

Tomic got very lucky with his draw, but you still have to go out there and win the matches. It's always funny following the qualifying of the Aus Open, every year a lot of similar names pop up in the draw. Some good stories out of the qualies though. Good to see Pironkova get through. Errani, not so much.

Last edited:
May 10, 2007
Bonbeach
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal Fc Portland Trailblazers
i am shocked he played 9 sets and won 2 super duper match tie breaks at the end of matches. Must have worked on his stamina. maybe his new girlfriend bit him into action.......

6 LL for either sex are also travelling to Aus.

also this

Will be interesting if he can come. Probably shredding the virus. Tennys is also not the most errrrr.. "helpful" bloke in regards to this as well

Sounds pretty sick doesn't he lol.

Jul 12, 2004
Junktion Oval
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
England
A record high 1,564 deaths from COVID in the UK today ! Tell me what's overblown about that.
These new strains of COVID are clearly more contagious.
We beat down the second wave in Victoria and now can live our lives somewhat normally.
If bringing in these tennis people from COVID hotspots around the globe leads to a third wave and more lockdowns in Victoria there will be hell to pay.

You’d just hope the Victorian Government has learnt something, although the fact they exported a positive case with the UK strain to QLD suggests not...

But it’s already prevalent in Australia in HQ, so bringing in tennis players isn’t going to change that.

Unless you want to live in fear and ban even Australians coming home then we just have to trust the government learnt something from their catastrophic failures last year.

Drummond

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 13, 2005
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Red Wings
Yeah good one, change your argument after your bullshit claim was debunked.

My 91 year old and 89 year old grandmother's are still alive and I'd like to still be able to visit them and have them around for a while yet. I work in a job where if covid got out of hand like it has in many countries around the world, I wouldn't be able to visit them due to concern of me spreading it to them. My 57 year old 2nd cousin was in ICU in Italy with covid. He's a fit and healthy man for his age.

You clearly love to have the final say about this, but I disagree with your position entirely. I'll listen to the medical advice from medical professionals.
Wow, imagine living with that kind of fear and responsibility that you personally could kill your grandparents. Mate you need to get a grip on reality, things will be okay. Your 2nd cousin survived though...?

I notice you didn’t answer my question. Facts didn’t agree with your argument?

danstar

Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 2, 2013
Melbourne
AFL Club
Fremantle
I love tennis as much as every other person on here but if there's a 3rd wave in the next 2 months in Melbourne i will not be happy. Let's have some tennis but not here in Melbourne

I love tennis as much as every other person on here but if there's a 3rd wave in the next 2 months in Melbourne i will not be happy. Let's have some tennis but not here in Melbourne

The players won't be bringing it, they are tested and re-tested and every single protocol in place you can imagine. We just have to live with it until a vast portion are vaccinated, and that will happen sometime this year hopefully.

A record high 1,564 deaths from COVID in the UK today ! Tell me what's overblown about that.
These new strains of COVID are clearly more contagious.
We beat down the second wave in Victoria and now can live our lives somewhat normally.
If bringing in these tennis people from COVID hotspots around the globe leads to a third wave and more lockdowns in Victoria there will be hell to pay.

I suggest the biggest fear is a tennis player catching COVID in the community after being released from quarantine.

Let’s hope he stays overseas, what a pathetic excuse for a journalist.

Few if any overseas based tennis correspondents will travel to OZ for the Aussie Open - Their employers are not silly enough torture them with 14 days quarantine.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth

The big names have arrived. nice hotel room but glad I am not staying in it for 14 days.

also Yastremska has arrived, despite being banned from all comps due to drugs. She is hoping her provisional suspension gets lifted.

And it sounds like all the losers from last round of qualies gets a ticket to Australia. Think they will be needed. already need to replace Murray, Keys, Anisimova and another male player due to covid.

May 4, 2009
Tasmania
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Furth
Few if any overseas based tennis correspondents will travel to OZ for the Aussie Open - Their employers are not silly enough torture them with 14 days quarantine.
yeah. I wonder if Jim Courier will make the trip. I doubt Mcenroe will.

ESPN n the US will only have 2 people on the ground for their coverage. That being Darren Cahill and Rennae Stubbs(etc 2 Aussies already in the country). I have seen one journalist has made the trip my twatter feed (Nick McCarvel) and that's it atm.

Reckon some Aussie tennis journals will be busy.

Back