Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 4 Thread (Where we're already socially distancing on defence)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
This bloke has Bipolar.

Or it could be something else, like a mild type of autism where he gets hyper focused on and obsessed with specific things. Such as the earth is flat and there is no 'real' science to prove otherwise. And more recently black human rights.

Edit: Maybe I mean aspergers I dunno I aint a doctor

If you don't trade Simmons for Harden then you aren't trading him for anyone. Word is that they didn't want to throw in Maxey.

They now need to hope Harden/Durant doesn't work out or wait it out.
Then you have Brown and Tatum starting to turn into another great duo. You have Giannis and the Bucks and that's just the East.

The 76ers could have elevated their ceiling but chose to stick with what they got.

If they don't succeed then not trading for Harden will be a great 'what if' in Phillie.

I wouldn't be surprised if he still got dealt. The undercurrent opinion on trading him was that you're not going to get a better player than Harden for him, but that you can drum up a better overall package. A mixture of players and draft capital that enables you to go out and trade for someone else, and doesn't mortgage your future - i.e. not locking yourself into paying $50M+ a year for JH Years 33-37.

Like Houston had a chance here too to get a young, cost-controlled top-25ish player, who at the very worst could still net you a solid return should you wish to trade him in a year or two. Instead, they seemingly decided that the cost of business was Maxey, which means they either a) placed an unreasonable amount of stock in a 12-game player, or b) Maxey really is that good, in which case you can see why Morey kept him.

Don't blame Houston for choosing the picks, especially given that they needed to recoup the capital they lost in the Russ trade. But if Maxey wasn't on the table and the offer was something like Simmons, Matisse + '21 and '27 1sts...I would be surprised that it wasn't taken.

Or it could be something else, like a mild type of autism where he gets hyper focused on and obsessed with specific things. Such as the earth is flat and there is no 'real' science to prove otherwise. And more recently black human rights.

Edit: Maybe I mean aspergers I dunno I aint a doctor
I think the Bipolar thing is more likely than autism because you can randomly develop it, pretty sure you cant develop autism but like you I am no doctor.
But really I think its just his fame/success/era/family impacting his behaviour

Kyrie always seemed to be a bit weird, and not just the flat earth stuff. Plus he comes off like a first year uni student who suddenly thinks they know everything about the human condition, but because he's an NBA star he's never had to grow out of it.

If it is not gonna be cancelled, it should be postponed for at least a few weeks and ensure players and officials get time to recover and ensure a level playing field on the court, aside from the obvious continuing health risks..
I have been a fan of Golum aka Adam Silver up until this point, but he is really starting to lose me, letting this season continue as more players and teams are struck down by covid.
He’d have a tonne of pressure from owners and vested interest groups as they bled money last season. Most comps are just pushing through in the hope of keeping sponsors and investors happyish, EJ. You have to wonder when the bottom line is less important than health. I cancelled my League Pass this year because the season was always going to be a mess and I’m not sure players want to play...

I’m starting to be more curious about the other pieces.

How does LeVert for Oladipo improve the Pacers?

With Jarrett Allen to the Cavs, is Drummond on the move, and if so, where?

Are the Rockets a playoff team?
Caris gives them another scorer and hands the ball to Brogden and Holiday. Oladipo is out of contract soon while Caris is locked up for 2 more seasons (I think).

Like the Rockets more now. Wall, Oladipo, Boogie, Wood, Gordon is a nice foundation.

Losing Allen is a mystery although, you have to give to get. Brooklyn just became an old fogie team with limited depth and not enough basketballs.

Drummond is just in the wrong era! Waive him and Lakers can pick him up for depth, cheerleading and Gasol insurance.

Another thought in regard to the nets

Come post season, if it happens. There might be some good bigs in the buyout market? Via tanking teams to fill out the 4 / 5 spots.

Do you wanna ring. Smash lebron. Get paid and play with irving. Harden. Kd?

Drummond and mcgee potentially
Smash Lebron, lol. Gear up for second place people! AD looking like The Dream reincarnated too.

Harden trade looks like history repeated for the Nets. I'd be feeling nervous about the 2024 and 2026 picks if I were a Nets fan. Brown and Tatum (Fultz) again?

A 32 year old coming off an achilles tear, a ticking time bomb and a fat bloke who doesn't want to play with any star for more than a year. If it works even for one season it will be fun to watch, but it's not like they have KD/Steph/Klay who are all unselfish and adaptable.

First game of the year started with KD, Kyrie, Harris, Jordan, Dinwiddie with 15+ minutes for LeVert, Allen, Shamet, Allen, Green, Prince.

LeVert, Allen, Prince all gone, Dinwiddie out for the year, Kyrie off in his own world. If the big 3 works they don't need great depth, but there are holes. DeAndre Jordan is averaging 18 minutes a game and isn't that great any more, they will probably need to find a veteran centre to back him up. If KD got injured again they would be in deep poop. If Kyrie ends up disappearing up his own arse and they have his cap room available I would be looking at a Hoilday/Oladipo/Bledsoe type defensive guard who suits being the 3rd/4th offensive option.

Harden trade looks like history repeated for the Nets. I'd be feeling nervous about the 2024 and 2026 picks if I were a Nets fan. Brown and Tatum (Fultz) again?

A 32 year old coming off an achilles tear, a ticking time bomb and a fat bloke who doesn't want to play with any star for more than a year. If it works even for one season it will be fun to watch, but it's not like they have KD/Steph/Klay who are all unselfish and adaptable.

First game of the year started with KD, Kyrie, Harris, Jordan, Dinwiddie with 15+ minutes for LeVert, Allen, Shamet, Allen, Green, Prince.

LeVert, Allen, Prince all gone, Dinwiddie out for the year, Kyrie off in his own world. If the big 3 works they don't need great depth, but there are holes. DeAndre Jordan is averaging 18 minutes a game and isn't that great any more, they will probably need to find a veteran centre to back him up. If KD got injured again they would be in deep poop. If Kyrie ends up disappearing up his own arse and they have his cap room available I would be looking at a Hoilday/Oladipo/Bledsoe type defensive guard who suits being the 3rd/4th offensive option.

If ad gets an injury lakers probably miss the post season. Like they did under lebron's leadership previously.

It's obviously a risk for the nets but you can't get 2 of the very best players in the world and irving without some risk.

If they re-sign the nets are set

They have three great players in the era of 2.

Prince is rubbish

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Kevin durant. I mean tom lynch is going well thank you for asking.

The tigers dynasty are more like the dubs comparison wise.

Won with a a team they put together then added a superstar to the group.
Durant going to Warriors was seen as one of the bigger low act moves in recent history and Lynch was the same. I see the comparison now.

If ad gets an injury lakers probably miss the post season. Like they did under lebron's leadership previously.

It's obviously a risk for the nets but you can't get 2 of the very best players in the world and irving without some risk.

If they re-sign the nets are set

They have three great players in the era of 2.

Prince is rubbish
Rubbish. Bron was playing with a bunch of kids then, much more mature group now.

If Martin gets injured then... Nuf said, for now.

Durant going to Warriors was seen as one of the bigger low act moves in recent history and Lynch was the same. I see the comparison now.

Iirc

Dubs

Winners
Lost cavs
Kd
Winners
Winners.

The Richmond Tigers Football Club

Winners.
Lost pies
TL
Winners
Winners.

Both sides deserved to get superstars cause they won originally via drafting the team.

#hardestroad

Last edited:
Rubbish. Bron was playing with a bunch of kids then, much more mature group now.

If Martin gets injured then... Nuf said, for now.

Pretty much all the teams that have a top10 player, are stuffed if a Giannis or doncic go down.

It's not unique to KD

The lebron stans are hilarious too btw

Last edited:

I actually think locked in Harden and KD can work really well. As much as Harden is a bit of a joke with his obesity and stripper parties at the moment he is also probably the most durable star in the league, that in itself is a big reason I think you like if you're a nets fan. Kyrie is now the issue but he's so off the show these days I'm not sure they can get a taker for him.

I actually think locked in Harden and KD can work really well. As much as Harden is a bit of a joke with his obesity and stripper parties at the moment he is also probably the most durable star in the league, that in itself is a big reason I think you like if you're a nets fan. Kyrie is now the issue but he's so off the show these days I'm not sure they can get a taker for him.
It's very much win now for the Nets and carries a lot of risk (but it can come off if they are all locked in). If Durant gets hurt - this could be one of the most regretted trades in recent history.

ErqFX24UcAI-cYK

And then....

Victor Oladipo was traded by the Indiana Pacers to the Houston Rockets for Caris LeVert as part of the broader James Harden trade.

Oladipo will be an unrestricted free agent this offseason and sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer that he still hopes to eventually end up with the Miami Heat.

The NBA announced that The National Basketball Association game scheduled for Sat., Jan. 16 between the Indiana Pacers and Phoenix Suns at Phoenix Suns Arena has been postponed in accordance with the league's Health and Safety Protocols.

Because of ongoing contact tracing within the Suns, the team does not have the league-requred eight available players to proceed with the Saturdays game against the Pacers.

###

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back