Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Think this bloke has a lot more upside, even for a 2-3 year block than any of the other delistees. Those couple games, or was it even only one game, can’t remember, showed how good this dude is when close to fit. Would love nothin more than him to get right, frightening footballer in every aspect when up and going.

remfan101

Club Legend
Oct 23, 2015
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Since we heard players were told early in the year the were being cut i wonder if Garner was too but still did everything in his power to change the minds of those culling the list?
That’s a BS BF rumour. Maj and Durdin have since said they were surprised to be cut. Williams said he figured it out for himself, as did Mase.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Since we heard players were told early in the year the were being cut i wonder if Garner was too but still did everything in his power to change the minds of those culling the list?

Despite his injury history, he has shown in the short time he was fit to be a match winner. His clutch ability is top notch. Had he been injury free, one of the absolute superstars of the competition.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
That’s a BS BF rumour. Maj and Durdin have since said they were surprised to be cut. Williams said he figured it out for himself, as did Mase.

TG does have a 1 year & no bullshit contract. The pressure is on him to get his focus 100% and his body right. I doubt there'll be any wriggle room if he suffers any decent setbacks.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
1610705646779.png

:devil:

Come on. Let’s agree. We all want this guy to succeed. Am I right? I know you agree, Snake! Screw the US election.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/

There's two types of North supporter.

Normal good solid people who are and always have been huge TG fans.

And the others. Snipers who are like hur hur has he done a hammy yet hur hur.

These people won't get Grand Final tickets when we finally get back there, and they will wonder why.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jul 27, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Imagine him ragdolling the decrepit, frail bones of Jarrad McVeigh now

AnEmptyChair

Premiership Player
Nov 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Come on. Let’s agree. We all want this guy to succeed. Am I right? I know you agree, Snake! Screw the US election.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app[/
Absolutely. There's a reason why we've persisted with him for so long through his injuries, and that's because he's an outrageously talented footballer who can turn games in their head in the space of 15 minutes.

Let's be honest, if he had half the talent he'd probably already be off the list. But he's too good to give up on yet. He stays fit and we're a better team. It's as simple as that.

Absolutely. There's a reason why we've persisted with him for so long through his injuries, and that's because he's an outrageously talented footballer who can turn games in their head in the space of 15 minutes.

Let's be honest, if he had half the talent he'd probably already be off the list. But he's too good to give up on yet. He stays fit and we're a better team. It's as simple as that.

Hits to hurt too

Dec 1, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Boston Celtics, Derby County FC
He's definitely in the best nick of his career, with a young team and the way he goes about it he looks like a serious on-field leader for mine - to state the obvious he just needs consistency

Whole team walks a bit taller when you've got blokes like this going around

We all know that the penny dropped for Luke McDonald last year and he was rewarded with a Syd.

Same thing unsurprisingly happened with his housemate TG. Is why TG got another year.

The proof is in the pudding. The way he has presented this year further indication.

I'm hoping we're going to get a Robbie Tarrant style career trajectory from here.

We all know that the penny dropped for Luke McDonald last year and he was rewarded with a Syd.

Same thing unsurprisingly happened with his housemate TG. Is why TG got another year.

The proof is in the pudding. The way he has presented this year further indication.

I'm hoping we're going to get a Robbie Tarrant style career trajectory from here.

Aaah, mid-January. Don’t you just love it? So full of hopes and dreams. 🤣

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He is in career best condition, make no mistake.

I just want him to get a fair run at it.

I reckon a few will be pleasantly surprised if that can happen.

He's been good enough for starting 22 since 2015, probably 2014, but look at his shitful run of luck:

1610767979308.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back