Retired #26: Cale Hooker - Has announced his retirement at season's end šŸ·

Remove this Banner Ad

Should make him captain for the his last year with McGrath vice captain to take over next year but Iā€™m sure the playing group will just make Heppell captain again because heā€™s a top bloke
As sarcastic as you may be, Heppell may be better served taking a back seat which in turn could be beneficial for us.

Well, our only remaining forward above 195cm is Stewart, whoā€™s really more of a flanker, and blokes who havenā€™t played a senior game.

Unless we pull off a trade surprise, weā€™re gonna need this bloke deep forward next year.
i think we will need him in the backline coz thats where the ball is going to be 95% of the time

Well, our only remaining forward above 195cm is Stewart, whoā€™s really more of a flanker, and blokes who havenā€™t played a senior game.

Unless we pull off a trade surprise, weā€™re gonna need this bloke deep forward next year.
I shared that view of Stewart but think we need to refine it.

He looked like a very capable, physical power forward when he returned. Maybe not your number 1 Option but I no longer Of him as an oversized flanker.

i think we will need him in the backline coz thats where the ball is going to be 95% of the time

Depends where we are aiming to finish. I say play Hurley and Hooker forward... we dont need them saving goals so we can win 7-8 games again.

Is cooked. A year of watching him fall over his own feet and get beat to the contest in a disfunctional fwd line would be a sad way for him to go out. Would rather give opportunity to the kid we drafted last year or grab someone in trade. This year was a year too many but we get to see another farewell year next season because the joint is gutless.

Is cooked. A year of watching him fall over his own feet and get beat to the contest in a disfunctional fwd line would be a sad way for him to go out. Would rather give opportunity to the kid we drafted last year or grab someone in trade. This year was a year too many but we get to see another farewell year next season because the joint is gutless.
Runs on the board

Runs on the board
So he gets 1 free year (2019) for saga and 1 free year (2020) for runs on the board. Next year is a disability pension. 3 years too long at his pay packet. Typical Essendon.

Offer him to a club in their window and we can pay half his salary. We could still afford a decent replacement and 1 that could be there during the rebuild.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back