Player Watch #40: Eddie Ford

Remove this Banner Ad

I noticed how in that picture he's the only one whose foot strike was beneath his centre of gravity. Didn't know he had an athletics background but that makes sense.

Waussie may correct me but I believe Kyron ran hurdles at Hale School

Gallery150121-21.jpg

Gallery150121-03.jpg

He looks like a 5-year settled player.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

He certainly appears determined to give it his all, as is written all over his face in the second pic. I reckon we have an absolute beauty here in Ford.

He'll need to, because he doesn't appear to be athletically elite at any trait, but he is a natural footballer and that's the most important trait he can have.

I just hope they cultivate his individuality and daring. If he can physically get up to AFL standard, then he has definite X factor capability and flexibility as a player.

Of course, there a couple of "if's", a few hurdles and a dash of luck required to get their first, but the kid looks like he's not going to die wondering, and that's what really matters in life.

He'll need to, because he doesn't appear to be athletically elite at any trait, but he is a natural footballer and that's the most important trait he can have.

I just hope they cultivate his individuality and daring. If he can physically get up to AFL standard, then he has definite X factor capability and flexibility as a player.

Of course, there a couple of "if's", a few hurdles and a dash of luck required to get their first, but the kid looks like he's not going to die wondering, and that's what really matters in life.

Vertical leap is elite which is handy with him liking to attack the footy in the air.

20 meter sprint time of 2.95 might not be elite but it’s pretty close for a guy his height.

Athletically he has heaps going for him, other than his tank

Vertical leap is elite which is handy with him liking to attack the footy in the air.

20 meter sprint time of 2.95 might not be elite but it’s pretty close for a guy his height.

Athletically he has heaps going for him, other than his tank

His tank is fine. Worked hard on it last preseason and was primed to play midfield in 2020.

Runs a better than average 2km time trial.

everyone said Archie Perkins was a freak athlete and Eddie matches him in every just about every type of testing.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

His tank is fine. Worked hard on it last preseason and was primed to play midfield in 2020.

Runs a better than average 2km time trial.

everyone said Archie Perkins was a freak athlete and Eddie matches him in every just about every type of testing.

Can’t understand how he slipped so far

Can’t understand how he slipped so far

Many clubs are in poach mode these days (free agency) and focus heavily on the engine room.

We may very well have an excess of quality half forwards in the near future.

He seems to have all the requisite tools to be a damn good player. If he can bring an attitude of absolute commitment to being a top line footy player (along with injury luck) he'll be a shoe in to be a quality player.

Yeah we are well stocked there. Hope some can turn into mids.

I think a few might rotate through the stoppages, but I don't see much for the centre square setups. Aside from Bailey who I think will transition o a pure wingman.

HF's: Garner, Taylor, Thomas, Zurhaar, W.Walker & Ford

Garner aside, the rest of these blokes are only 22 & under.

Yeah we are well stocked there. Hope some can turn into mids.

Let’s hope they can turn into A grade half forwards!!!

we have plenty of options but not many are lock as best 22, B and above grade half forwards yet?

Not sure who the locks to play 20 games are tbh

I’d struggle to guess the team atm

TT, Cam, Curtis, Step??

I honestly don’t know who will play next year save the old blokes that are left

Eddie ran a 6:47 2km at the Combine and has been around this mark for for 2-3 years. It’s about the same time that Will Phillips runs yet Will’s engine has never been questioned. Eddie’s also kept his aerobic standard whilst putting on plenty of bulk and height. For whatever reason it seems like Eddie’s had to do more convincing than others to get to where he is. Whether it’s his public school (non APS) background, coming from the unfavoured Jets or because his unique personality is being mistaken for something else. He’s a driven, engaging and talented kid who appreciates and won’t stop repaying the faith North have shown in him.

Sounds like shinboner material to me.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back