Opinion The SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 Political or otherwise all you can eat Buffet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Not an apples with apples. Each state other than NSW has been able to get to zero community transmission for x no of days (refer below). They have done it by having lockdowns and border closures. She has rarely got to 14 days with zero community transmission (think it has happened once). sh*t she had to be pulled kicking and screaming to get mandatory mask wearing and her current restrictions only allow 5 to a household, we have 50.

You don't think they're in control of their covid numbers? Running rampant in your mind is it? Why do you need zero to run an event, explain you logic. What if it's 1 every 3 days, is that ok?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
You and your mate hate Dan we get it. Get over it. Another 4 more years coming up in 2022. And why? Because the Liberal Opposition are bloody useless.

Just listen to this. You want the definition of hypocrisy listen to this - all within 10 days. And Mutineer has the gall to support this fool.

I don't hate Dan, I quite like him. Think he ****ed up by ceding to the police commish and backtracking on accepting military assistance in quarantine. If I was him I'd have hung the health chick and a high level public servant out to dry as well. I'd have preferred the copper walked the plank too, but as long as someone is held accountable, I'm happy. I'm not accusing him of corruption regarding the very quick awarding of the security contract, it seems fishy but the contract was always going to be awarded hastily. Someone may be corrupt, but if they are, it may not be Dan.

Kane McGoodwin , do you have any data on infections out of the Sydney test yet? Vader, I think you suggested this was a certain disaster, anything you have as eveidence would be greatly appreciated.
Not sure, as have been flat out this week... so have not really been following, except that SA will review opening NSW border on the 25th.

Community infections appear to be under control with the Northern beaches lockdown.

As for how many will be infected from the test. We won't really know for a another few weeks, but hopefully doesn't cause another lockdown. Wasn't a risk worth taking imo.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
You and your mate hate Dan we get it. Get over it. Another 4 more years coming up in 2022. And why? Because the Liberal Opposition are bloody useless.

Just listen to this. You want the definition of hypocrisy listen to this - all within 10 days. And Mutineer has the gall to support this fool.

No I just like pointing out what a hypocritical tool you are, Dan is just an easy go to example to point it out.

I don’t live there so I couldn’t care how many years he’s there for, if the Victorians want to reward his incompetence and corruption that’s on them to live with.

Tennis players can arrive into Melbourne but people that got caught on holidays can't yet get home apparently. It's hard to maintain a 'tough luck, you accepted the risk' attitude when it's not applied across the board. Despite the hopes of a few people in this thread, NSW didn't exactly explode with covid cases. Is it 3 local cases in the last 3 days? Seems strange these people can't get home and self isolate.
What’s that got to do with what I wrote? 😳

It isn’t just a tennis event, it is a Grand Slam event. Do you have any idea what that means?

You know what, they are in 14 day quarantine at their expense and they had to charter private plane to get here.

It is good for the mental health and economyThat is what Gladys keeps on banging about at her press conferences with regard to not having lockdowns etc in NSW so good for one Lib Premier to say it then good for the rest of the country as well.
Don’t care. It shouldn’t be on. Period.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
What’s that got to do with what I wrote? 😳

international arrivals was the topic of your post. Tennis players being excepted his highly relevant. That then extends to keeping Victorians locked out of their own state while NSW clocks up 1 case per day. You must see the links. Do you think it’s ok to keep Australians from returning from o/s and Victorian’s from returning home but allow tennis players in just for the $ from the event? I thought you cared about people above money. Obviously I was wrong.

international arrivals was the topic of your post. Tennis players being excepted his highly relevant. That then extends to keeping Victorians locked out of their own state. You must see the links. Do you think it’s ok to keep Australians from returning from o/s and Victorian’s from returning home but allow tennis players in just for the $ from the event?
No, the topic of my response was the reasons why some Australians still need to come home now. Not that they changed their minds, just that circumstances changed. Read what is there, not what you think you read.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
I don't hate Dan, I quite like him. Think he f’ed up by ceding to the police commish and backtracking on accepting military assistance in quarantine. If I was him I'd have hung the health chick and a high level public servant out to dry as well. I'd have preferred the copper walked the plank too, but as long as someone is held accountable, I'm happy. I'm not accusing him of corruption regarding the very quick awarding of the security contract, it seems fishy but the contract was always going to be awarded hastily. Someone may be corrupt, but if they are, it may not be Dan.
Dan is corrupt by covering it up at the very least.

Bender20

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
I withdraw my last sentence. But I disagree that it shouldn’t be on, there’s no valid reason not to have it. Community transmission across the country is basically none. The event should be on and Victorians should be coming home under their orange control level.
There is a valid reason, if the sports person is infected with Covid19, or a risk of spreading it, they definitely shouldn't be allowed on Australian shores.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
It isn’t just a tennis event, it is a Grand Slam event. Do you have any idea what that means?

You know what, they are in 14 day quarantine at their expense and they had to charter private plane to get here.

It is good for the mental health and economyThat is what Gladys keeps on banging about at her press conferences with regard to not having lockdowns etc in NSW so good for one Lib Premier to say it then good for the rest of the country as well.

He'll of a private plane their Kirky. Do you ordinarily just make s**t up to support the governments that you barrack for?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
There is a valid reason, if the sports person is infected with Covid19, or a risk of spreading it, they definitely shouldn't be allowed on Australian shores.

How is that different to the many returning home that test positive while in quarantine? They've got controls in place that minimise community risk. They're tested multiple times and don't leave quarantine until they're proven to not have the virus. I'm surprised you didn't know this. It's been in the news a bit.

Bender20

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
How is that different to the many returning home that test positive while in quarantine? They've got controls in place that minimise community risk. They're tested multiple times and don't leave quarantine until they're proven to not have the virus. I'm surprised you didn't know this. It's been in the news a bit.
They are completely different.

Bender20

Club Legend
Aug 17, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Minimise community risk ?
So your saying that a International tennis tournament is ok as it poses minimal risk.
State borders haven't opened because of minimal risk.
Australian citizens returning from overseas are a minimal risk.
Eventually all of those minimal risks will equate to probable risk.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
You don't think they're in control of their covid numbers? Running rampant in your mind is it? Why do you need zero to run an event, explain you logic. What if it's 1 every 3 days, is that ok?

No. Get it to zero like ever other state has and keep it there. Now there is a challenge for Gladys, is she up to it. Every other state has done it.

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
No I just like pointing out what a hypocritical tool you are, Dan is just an easy go to example to point it out.

I don’t live there so I couldn’t care how many years he’s there for, if the Victorians want to reward his incompetence and corruption that’s on them to live with.

As has been said numerous times he ****ed up with hotel quarantine but since then has got it 100% right. That can’t be disputed.

I withdraw my last sentence. But I disagree that it shouldn’t be on, there’s no valid reason not to have it. Community transmission across the country is basically none. The event should be on and Victorians should be coming home under their orange control level.
Are you having problems with the quote feature or is something up with big footy? 😳

Dec 29, 2000
AFL Club
Adelaide
He'll of a private plane their Kirky. Do you ordinarily just make sh*t up to support the governments that you barrack for?

Ok I misinterpreted as private charter to mean their own private charter not one of the Government repatriation charter flights.

And everyone understands that it is not just the Andrews Government that agreed to The Australian Open but also the Feds (National Cabinet) as well.

Last edited:

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
As has been said numerous times he f’ed up with hotel quarantine but since then has got it 100% right. That can’t be disputed.
He’s covered up the corruption so no he hasn’t got it 100% right since then.

Also ****ed up with s**t contract tracing and not locking down quick enough.

He’s locked Victorians out of the border because they can’t even work through the permit requests meanwhile he’s let in over 1000 people from overseas to play a tennis tournament because he’s worried he’d lose the event to another state, warped priorities.

Besides, you still haven’t acknowledged he’s way out in front for *ups, only premier to lock their state down for 90 days and cover it up.

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
No. Get it to zero like ever other state has and keep it there. Now there is a challenge for Gladys, is she up to it. Every other state has done it.
Every other state bar one hasn’t locked down their state for 90 days because they ****ed up.....

mistylake

Cancelled
10k Posts
Mar 21, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood, Canadiens, Maroons.
Not so and if it doesn’t go ahead I save myself $50k.

If those that have been overseas for years and want to come back then they sign a declaration that they will stay here for a minimum say 5 years (actually contribute to Australian society). These are people that have lived overseas for years so they had already made a choice that they preferred that country rather than their place of birth. And if they have a dual passport then I’m sorry, stay where you are.
Your assumptions are utterly ridiculous. People go OS for a million reasons. To say they like that country better or the other insane assumptions shows what silly stuff you’re willing to post to win an argument.
Now you’re forcing them to stay here as some penalty. This is 🥜.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back