FTA-TV Wandavision

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
Starts tonight on Disney+ or shortly after as plunder via the seven seas, 2 Episodes to start with and 9 in total coming.

Looking forward to the pedantic nerd fights in this thread but also to see how the MCU adapts to the small screen with what I assume will be an emphasis on story over action.

The plot as outlined on IMDB "Blends the style of classic sitcoms with the MCU in which Wanda Maximoff and Vision -two super-powered beings living their ideal suburban lives-begin to suspect that everything is not as it seems."

First MCU content in something like 18 months, it probably would want to be good to get people excited for the upcoming projects particularly Dr Strange 2 that this is supposed to lead in to.

Dunno if I'm pumped but will embrace with an open mind.

I know what they're going for but this is slow burn on another level.

Easter eggs crumbs and the odd foreboding scene isn't enough.

The retro comedy got old half way through the first episode IMO.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
Very quirky. I’ve been almost certain of who Agnes is from the moment I heard her name dropped in the trailers, and can see how this is being pieced together.

she’s gotta be Agatha Harkness

Loved the intro, with the updated images splashed across the Marvel Studios logo. It’s so good to finally get this next phase going.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
I always felt Strucker was heavily under-utilised, made a brief appearance in Age Of Ultron and that’s basically it.

Definitely more to explore there with the creation of Wanda through the mind stone (which is also what Vision was born from). So I was very happy with the advertisement for Strucker watches (complete with the reference to Hydra underneath haha).

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
An agonising 7 weeks ahead as we wait for each new episode. :(

“And now we play the waiting game.....ahh the waiting game sucks, let’s play Hungry Hungry Hippos!” :D

613812.jpg

I know what they're going for but this is slow burn on another level.

Easter eggs crumbs and the odd foreboding scene isn't enough.

The retro comedy got old half way through the first episode IMO.

It's advancing a decade each ep though, so it'll quickly get up to a speed you might be more comfortable with.

It's advancing a decade each ep though, so it'll quickly get up to a speed you might be more comfortable with.

In retrospect I don't think slow burn was right, just very limited story advancement for the two episodes. Again, I know what they're going for, just the balance was just out of whack with the parodies vs easter eggs....IMO.

With that being said, I'm glad Marvel are trying something new and tonally VERY different. I'll judge it on the season as a whole rather than the two episodes.

Last edited:
All the reviews I read said bigger reveals come in the 3rd ep.

Any guesses on whose voice is coming through the radio about who is doing this to her? I feel like its meant to be someone we know but I couldnt recognise it.

Well Wanda is at least partially responsible for whats happening I think.

All the easter eggs I got except for the blinking red light one reviewer mentioned but I didnt get it.

Also nice to see Emma Caulfield (Anya from Buffy) pop up. I havent seen her in anything since that ended it actually took me a while to place her.

The more I read, and the more videos I'm watching, the more curious I'm getting. Definitely in for the rest of the season regardless. Just wish they corrected the balance a bit. Like Vast mentioning above, hopefully reviewers are right and things ramp up in Episode 3.

any guesses on whose voice is coming through the radio about who is doing this to her? I feel like its meant to be someone we know but I couldnt recognise it.

Reading online that could be the FBI agent Jimmy Woo in Ant Man?

If so, I like that characters limited to other standalone movies (eg: Kat Dennings was in the trailer?) are popping up here.

Jan 25, 2013
Deep Inside
AFL Club
Geelong
The ads, the out of place coloured toy chopper, the banging and the voice she can hear from time to time mean absolutely nothing to me right now other than the hydra logo on the watch in the second ad. It seems like an indication that Hydra might be behind Imaginationland somehow.

I think its time for a scene in the real world to give us some perspective and advance the plot because the sitcom stuff by itself is really starting to drag on IMO.

Sep 30, 2003
Bunvegas
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
WA, Australia
Intriguing. My only criticism at this stage would be Disney's preferred drip-feed release schedule probably not suiting something this slow burn.

Loved how weirdly unsettling the choking scene was (both in acting and shooting) - props to Kitty Foreman.

Most obvious theory seems to be that she's gone off the deep-end post-Infinity War/Endgame and has been locked up for her own good?
SWORD doing the detaining? Although seems to be a much creepier vibe than you'd expect.

Last edited:
The ads, the out of place coloured toy chopper, the banging and the voice she can hear from time to time mean absolutely nothing to me right now other than the hydra logo on the watch in the second ad. It seems like an indication that Hydra might be behind Imaginationland somehow.

I think its time for a scene in the real world to give us some perspective and advance the plot because the sitcom stuff by itself is really starting to drag on IMO.

Stark Industries toaster equates to Age of Ultron and the whole being buried under rubble from a Stark Missile for Wanda and Pietro, hence the led escalating blinking like a bomb going off. This is a comic thing that they kept in the movies but it's in a convo with Ultron, where they basically say they hid under rubble after a Stark missile exploded and that's generally why they started off as villains to screw the Avengers over.

We also got a scene in the real world, after Vision literally turned the first episode off, and promo stuff for the shows also shows that the remotes buttons are soul gems.

Intriguing. My only criticism at this stage would be Disney's preferred drip-feed release schedule probably not suiting something this slow burn.

Loved how weirdly unsettling the choking seen was (both in acting and shooting) - props to Kitty Foreman.

Most obvious theory seems to be that she's gone off the deep-end post-Infinity War/Endgame and has been locked up for her own good?
SWORD doing the detaining? Although seems to be a much creepier vibe than you'd expect.

The fact that the character is named heart and it was Wanda that literally went "Vision, save him" could not be any more blatant really, had Twilight Zone vibes for mine where you have normal situation that just gets escalated really quickly in a rando direction as MASSIVE TENSION.

Yeah, grief is the assumed motivation, though I'd assume she has created a pocket universe where everyone who is in it got sucked into that "world" as she has reality manipulation and we know she's powerful enough to go toe to toe with Thanos with gauntlet. We then pretty much know Mephisto is big bad, Agnes is probably Agatha, Monica Rambeau aka Ms Marvel copy is the "friend" at the pool meeting and also gets ejected later from a dome. More likely is that SWORD have contained the situation and are trying to counsel Wanda to drop it or assume that someone is controlling her to project it so trying to make contact which she is then refusing, hence beekper emerging from sewer to "no" and time reversal. We then also know that Wandavision connects to Doc Strange & Spidey, so we assume multiverse connection and reality manipulation.

You then have in the comic intro to ep 2, a helmet of the Grim Reaper, which is a Wonder Man thing and Mephisto link, and the first colour to really "pop" in the world is red, which is both Wanda's power as well as Mephisto, and Visions song of Yakety Yak, yep, devil reference song. So if we assume that SWORD are containing, this is somehow linked to Mephisto, Wanda is in Doc Strange and Multiverse of Madness, we can assume in reality manipulation to create that "bubble" she created a bridge? much like Stranges portals in Endgame. We than have a situation where say, the penultimate is Wanda brings about "new" as in, instead of say "no more mutants" it's the opposite as a means to get new cap, new iron man type, the F4 and wrap things together in a bow. After all, Moon Knight is an Egyptian god pantheon thing as part of I think it's Hellbent in comics? So they seem to be trending that way...

So

Ep 1 - I love Lucy
Ep 2 - Bewtched
Ep 3 - I Dream of Jeannie ???

First was apparently Dick van Dyke show. Apparently he consulted on the styling which is cool.

Back