Toast Farewell Graham Wright

Remove this Banner Ad

Almost left a couple of years ago when Carlton put a big offer in front of him, but Hawthorn held him to his contract. Guess it's different this time around.

Thanks Wrighty. Been a massive factor in the four flags.

At least it wasn't at a difficult time like some of our recent departures ie. football manager (Mark Evans) at the start of a season to the AFL. Obviously we didn't feel the need to hold him to a contract like last time.

Given we need to slash >$3M out of the footy department spend, this will assist as he would have been on big bickkies after Carton tried to poach him a few years ago.

Thanks for your efforts but now you're former HFC recruiting manager and the enemy.

fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu** fu**
Take a pill and have a lie down! We'll be fine.

Thanks Wrighty for your service. Was a big part of our success & wish him well at Pies.

As for Hawks, I think we will be ok. Better to happen in January than later in the year.
Gives us a chance to find a suitable replacement.

Might be worth calling Stephen Wells to have a chat.
(As the saying goes “could set the Cat amongst the Hawks” or something along those lines ?)

Cant help but think this Patton fiasco stinks and has forced his hand. He brought him in. He vouched for his character.

4 flags and 14 years of quality service is all you can ask for. He was an icon of the club. The last one left. Now it's AC that remains.

So we need a list manager and a footy manager.

Could do a lot worse than rair Richmond. Balme and Hartley would do nicely. Is SOS worth another shot.

It's the end of an era. Cant help but think that Clarko is next...

Cant help but think this Patton fiasco stinks and has forced his hand. He brought him in. He vouched for his character.

4 flags and 14 years of quality service is all you can ask for. He was an icon of the club. The last one left. Now it's AC that remains.

Could do a lot worse than rair Richmond. Balme and Hartley would do nicely. Is SOS worth another shot.

No to SOS. The last thing we need is more GWS players.

Thanks Wrighty for your service. Was a big part of our success & wish him well at Pies.

As for Hawks, I think we will be ok. Better to happen in January than later in the year.
Gives us a chance to find a suitable replacement.

Might be worth calling Stephen Wells to have a chat.
(As the saying goes “could set the Cat amongst the Hawks” or something along those lines ?)
Wells would be ideal. But I can't see him ever leaving Geelong.

Logged in to see a meltdown and my expectations were pretty spot on.

He was never going to be here forever. Celebrate what he’s done and look at this as an opportunity to get some fresh ideas and enthusiasm at the club. Not every change is for the worse despite what the pessimists will make you believe.

He’s stuck with the club for 14 years and has left at arguably the best time of the year for a footy manager to depart after seeing us through the trade and draft period. I’d be far more upset if he left between the end of the season and the trade period.

Thank you Graham, you played a massive part in us achieving greatness and helped assemble one of the greatest teams in history. All the best in future.

Anybody thinking this has to do with Patton is miles off... you don’t get sacked for something like that and magically have Collingwood rearrange their footy department over night. Pies would have been planning this for months, and probably in his ear for years

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Neil Balme would be an awesome get in my opinion, or Simon Lethlean

Immense service to the club, of equal importance to Russell, perhaps even more, to the success of the team.
Difficult to replace great talents, I think we have done well with McKenzie to lead recruitment, but it's a big step up again to fill Wright's role.

i appreciate what he did for the club over a long period of time, but i feel as though a change in football management could be of benefit to our club, so i'm in favour of this decision and wish him luck at Collingwood who have drafted some good talent recently, especially Ruscoe in the 50's was a steal in 2019 and some quality this draft too imo, im sure he will enjoy his new challenge there and hopefully we find someone as keen for a new challenge with our club.

That’s a shame - hopefully there’s someone left field out there that we can give a go. If we are starting a rebuild then we might as well give someone new a go rather than rinse and repeating.

Thanks Graham for your great service to the club - no doubting you did a terrific job. Would like to wish you all the best at the pies but I won’t.

I do find the Saturday afternoon announcement a bit weird - made me think of clarkos tantrum when Ian Robson resigned

Remove this Banner Ad

Back