Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Male-Female interactions in modern society aren't in the same stratosphere as your slave owner example.

No they're not in the same stratosphere of power imbalance, but there is still a power imbalance. There is still a huge power disparity between men and women with male on female DV being far more serious and commonplace than female on male DV, sexual assaults by men (on women) far and away outnumbering female sexual assaults on men, rape being an almost exclusive male offence, workplace sexual harassment being almost exclusively male on female etc.

Men are overwhelmingly outnumbering women in positions of power, high paying jobs political appointments etc. We only really let them work for the same pay and vote fairly recently FFS.

You cant ignore that context when assessing the impact of actions (words or acts) that take place within that context.

Even if you were to ignore the historical disenfranchisement of women, the glass ceiling, the patriarchy of blokes in power, and the male tendency towards violence and our generally much higher physical strength to women, and only take into account the vastly higher rates of male on female sexual assaults and rapes, then that context alone places the statement of 'an unsolicited dick pick to a woman, is the same thing as an unsolicited tit pick to a bloke' squarely in the realms of 'nah, they're not the same thing, and only an ignorant flog would even try and argue an equivalence'

Just because I'm not personnally offended or directly impacted by something, doesn't mean I can't, or shouldn't speak up about it.

Is that what you're implying?
Plus not every occasion of speaking up is the correct way of going about things. If Patton ended himself from embarrassment then i'd wonder how she would feel, and whether her time in the inspirational validation sun would all of a sudden be worth it. Would she still be happy to use him as an 'example' to the rest of society?

If she went up to the 25yo boxer and punched him unprovoked she'd be just as bad.

You're actually arguing that getting clocked by Mike Tyson in his prime is the 'exact same thing' as getting clocked by a 90 year old invalid grandmother?

Yeah, I'm not going to debate with you anymore, because if you cant see how you're wrong already nothing I can say will convince you otherwise.

No they're not in the same stratosphere of power imbalance, but there is still a power imbalance. There is still a huge power disparity between men and women with male on female DV being far more serious and commonplace than female on male DV, sexual assaults by men (on women) far and away outnumbering female sexual assaults on men, rape being an almost exclusive male offence, workplace sexual harassment being almost exclusively male on female etc.

Men are overwhelmingly outnumbering women in positions of power, high paying jobs political appointments etc. We only really let them work for the same pay and vote fairly recently FFS.

You cant ignore that context when assessing the impact of actions (words or acts) that take place within that context.

Even if you were to ignore the historical disenfranchisement of women, the glass ceiling, the patriarchy of blokes in power, and the male tendency towards violence and our generally much higher physical strength to women, and only take into account the vastly higher rates of male on female sexual assaults and rapes, then that context alone places the statement of 'an unsolicited dick pick to a woman, is the same thing as an unsolicited tit pick to a bloke' squarely in the realms of 'nah, they're not the same thing, and only an ignorant flog would even try and argue an equivalence'
You're actually arguing that getting clocked by Mike Tyson in his prime is the 'exact same thing' as getting clocked by a 90 year old invalid grandmother?

Yeah, I'm not going to debate with you anymore, because if you cant see how you're wrong already nothing I can say will convince you otherwise.

That's some good sociological stuff, no doubt.

But what's your point here?

No one should punch anyone. It doesn't suddenly become OK when it's a woman whacking a larger man. Especially when you take in to account that there could be retaliation.

If I walked up to peak Mike Tyson and punched him, I'd be pretty comfortable in saying that it wouldn't end well for me unless Mike was feeling particularly charitable. If a woman walks up and takes a free swing at a bloke, why shouldn't she cop a hit back for behaving like a flog?

I see you know the mind of a woman well.

/ironic.
Even if the aesthetics of the pecker or the bloke in general didn't excite the female, she deep down is bathing in validation over the fact that someone is frothing over her. That is exactly how a woman's mind works no point denying it.

Fair enough.

Although if you are an empathetic person, it's not unusual to take offence at someone else being treated poorly.
fair point. But in this case, the insta girl in questions interview ironaically turned into a moral crusade against sl** shaming and justifying only fans. Stinks of an agenda/self benefit.

Even if the aesthetics of the pecker or the bloke in general didn't excite the female, she deep down is bathing in validation over the fact that someone is frothing over her. That is exactly how a woman's mind works no point denying it.

No, thats not how it works, an only incels and creeps think it works that way.

But what's your point here?

No one should punch anyone. It doesn't suddenly become OK when it's a woman whacking a larger man. Especially when you take in to account that there could be retaliation.

I agree. I never said it was OK (and it's not OK for a black dude to racially abuse a white dude either), I just said that an unsolicited dick pic to a woman, and a nude from a chick to a dude aren't the same thing because they lack the same context.

Neither are OK, but due to context one is worse in the same way that a bloke getting sexually harassed on a dark street on his way home from the pub by a smaller woman, isn't the same thing as a woman copping the same harassment from a larger bloke.

Especially when you take in to account that there could be retaliation.

Has our victim in Pattons case not retaliated?

This thread wouldnt exist if she just copped it sweet.

Has our victim in Pattons case not retaliated?

She / they have. Hopefully he's learnt a good life lesson here.

I just said that an unsolicited dick pic to a woman, and a nude from a chick to a dude aren't the same thing because they lack the same context.

These (the below) aren't the same thing. People keep trying to equate them, but this idea that men should be grateful to receive a nude from a girl is mostly a social thing. Neither way is OK, and in most cases, I'd guess that there's no imminent physical threat accompanying the photo to drastically shift some kind of power balance.

Neither are OK, but due to context one is worse in the same way that a bloke getting sexually harassed on a dark street on his way home from the pub by a smaller woman, isn't the same thing as a woman copping the same harassment from a larger bloke.

The only reason street harassment is drastically different is that there's generally a physical imbalance where for - most - men you're unlikely to feel physically intimidated by the woman no matter how aggressive, insistent, rude or in your face they get. Still not OK when they do it though, yet, as a society we're willing to completely write off poor behaviour like that when it comes from women.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason street harassment is drastically different is that there's generally a physical imbalance where for - most - men you're unlikely to feel physically intimidated by the woman no matter how aggressive, insistent, rude or in your face they get.

Now put yourself in the shoes of a woman who's lived with this imbalance her whole life, and has dealt with dozens of creeps, sleazes and aggressive, insistent and rude blokes in everything from the workplace to the pub, while living in a society where male on female rape and sexual assault vastly outnumbers female on male sexual assault and rape.

It's quite possible she's thinking 's**t, does this creep know where I live?"

Its just not the same thing as a bloke getting an unsolicited nude pic from a woman. Im not saying either is OK, just that they exist in totally different contexts.

Like; I often like to walk around the city at night alone to clear my head.

I dont really want to speak for women, but those I have spoken to about walking the city at night, tell me that when women do that, many are genuinely terrified that every bloke they walk past is going to rape them, which is not a fear that I (as a man) have.

There is a reason for that, and its not down to 'skittish women'. It's due to women constantly dealing with aggressive creepy blokes.

I disagree. There's no difference.

A simple case of if the shoe fits the agenda....Hypocrisy whilst fighting for validation and justification for a similarly comparative behavior.

Seen plenty of unsolicited and offensive tanned nips and lips at the beach.
Which beach?

Asking on behalf of media censors.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

I dont really want to speak for women, but those I have spoken to about walking the city at night, tell me that when women do that, many are genuinely terrified that every bloke they walk past is going to rape them, which is not a fear that I (as a man) have.

There is a reason for that, and its not down to 'skittish women'. It's due to women constantly dealing with aggressive creepy blokes.
Lots of blokes are scared that gay blokes will try to rape them

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Have you ever considered that maybe you shouldn't walk around at night so that women feel more safe to do so themselves?

No, that wasn't the comparison. It was comparing the same actions (or comments) within the context of slave and master, and man and woman.

Its like saying 'assault is assault' or 'a punch is a punch', which is like arguing a 25 year old male boxer randomly clocking a 90 year old invalid grandmother is 'the same thing' the grandmother feebly punching him in return.

They're both punches, but they're not the same thing, they dont have the same impact, and they carry different context.
What if the grandmother hit him with something other than her fists? The actual damage done is the problem, not who did it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back