Multiplat Cyberpunk 2077

Do you think that this game will eventually live up to its hype?

• Yeah

Votes: 13 31.0%
  • Nah

Votes: 29 69.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Honestly, I might not ever pick this back up if the next gen version is that far away. There will be other games to play then. And that's if it isn't delayed again.

Free DLC and next-gen versions delayed. Roadmap released.

View attachment 1040258
Kind of bullshit that they are working on DLC before having a next-gen console update. They shouldn't be releasing any DLC until the release stuff is complete and the original game is finished.

I wonder if the Cyberpunk online is at the same time as the free DLC? Very funny that CDPR has turned a game in the Cyberpunk genre into such a corporate focused mess, just like the bad guys in most of the stories.

I'm nearly finished the main story on PS5 and will just be trading it in at EB games once complete. I had one bug the other night where I couldn't pull out any weapons. I had to go back to an old save and lost an hour worth of play, very close to rage quiting but I was 24 hours in and Panam was still ringing me.

I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't really have any problems with cyberpunk. It's really quite enjoyable when it works, haven't finished yet though, hoping the game doesn't break before I do 😂

I'm one of the lucky ones that didn't really have any problems with cyberpunk. It's really quite enjoyable when it works, haven't finished yet though, hoping the game doesn't break before I do 😂
What are you playing on? Console, PC?

Free DLC and next-gen versions delayed. Roadmap released.

View attachment 1040258

I've finished it once on Series X and that'll do until the free next-gen update comes out. The game is fine on that platform but could also be so much more.

Next-gen update will probably end up being next year based on their track record.

Kind of bullshit that they are working on DLC before having a next-gen console update. They shouldn't be releasing any DLC until the release stuff is complete and the original game is finished.

You realise that this game isn't being made by 3 guys in their garage, right? "Game Engine" and "Content" teams are probably quite separate, most of the issues would be around the engine itself, so other teams can still continue developing additional content while others get this game's s**t together

Think the point is releasing more content for a game they haven't fixed yet seems backwards.

I had the same thought actually

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You just know that sweet cash making multiplayer will be a priority.

The interesting part for me were the initial reviews. Most media fawned over it even with bugs.

Only one mainstream journo said 'Meh it's a 7' and every neckbeard went at her. Now, we all know.
I wonder how much of the design mistakes were glossed over as bugs though and let off by the reviewers?

I've finished it now. I'd give it a 7.5/10. There is a great game hiding in there somewhere but the general jank, instant cops, immersion breaking bugs and phone calls took a lot of the shine off it. It's bullshit that your phone rings during some important story moments and you automatically answer it.

Panam got it an extra point too.

You just know that sweet cash making multiplayer will be a priority.

The interesting part for me were the initial reviews. Most media fawned over it even with bugs.

Only one mainstream journo said 'Meh it's a 7' and every neckbeard went at her. Now, we all know.
Multiplayer has been put on the backburner already

Finished on the weekend. 78 hours played all up.

Overall it really is just an ok game. Around a 7/10 if I had to chuck a score on.

It really just doesn't feel like a game that came from The Witcher 3 devs. 3 times over with The Witcher I came to the end of it and was absolutely blown away by the quality. The main story and both expansions were so insanely good that it easily equaled one of, if not the best experiences for the entirety of last gen. Definitely the most 'complete'.

But this, really didn't feel like it was from the same dev in almost any way. With a dev like Naughty Dog you can get two drastically different titles like Uncharted and Last of Us but you still know they're from the same dev as you get this familiar level of polish, attention to detail and just overall experience. But here it doesn't even feel close.

It's not even about the jank, bugs, crashes (of which I had a huge amount - but weirdly generally compressed together and sometimes not for days, then all in one day at times) and general weirdness that is absolutely littered throughout the game - and no amount of bullshitting in apologies can deny that these weren't seen prior to release. But it's more so the stuff that I've already mentioned with the less than RPG elements in what should be a hugely RPG game.

This really is just an FPS with RPG-lite elements. And it's probably more-so because the RPG elements that are there just haven't had the robustness added to them from the design/implementation stages more than anything.

I'd say the biggest disappointment is the lack of life path differentiation. The fact that, I believe it's now been found that there's basically an exclusive mission per life path and otherwise it's literally just minor dialogue differences throughout is purely pathetic. You build up this whole thing as the sole reasons to have multiple playthroughs yet I can see everything pretty much within the first hour then just youtube that one extra mission. Why not make it that the character skill progression can only go one way with certain life paths (or it costs more? Why in the hell can a Corpo be a 'street brawler', this just goes against the philosophy of what you're offering), why not have actual tangible differences throughout the game? Why is it so damn lacking!

As for the stuff I did like. The story is mostly interesting. The side missions and main missions are for the most part really well designed and offer a huge amount of variety to play style. I loved Johnny Silverhand as a character, they really built his whole character out really well. Even though I'd like a bit more time with Johnny back in the day. In fact, most of the characters you meet are all interesting and entertaining. That's really where Cyberpunk shines, when it delves into characters and back story and just evolving the people you meet. It's why the end credits are nice too.

And that main part is overall where the game is at. The story, the characters, those moments in between all the boring, bland and nothing is where the game shines best. But the problem is, there's just a lot of nothingness to fill in as well.

It's not even about the jank, bugs, crashes (of which I had a huge amount - but weirdly generally compressed together and sometimes not for days, then all in one day at times) and general weirdness that is absolutely littered throughout the game - and no amount of bullshitting in apologies can deny that these weren't seen prior to release. But it's more so the stuff that I've already mentioned with the less than RPG elements in what should be a hugely RPG game.

As a game dev and former QA yourself, did you get a chuckle at things like floating mobile phones that were still moving in sync with hands for example, as if they simply weren't zeroed out in local space or attached to the right component? It was really derp things like that in that I wonder what sort of testing this had at all. Anyone who has spent 5 minutes in Unity would be able to address that during their own play testing. Early last year CDPR were advertising to hire unit test programmers, but where the hell was the play testing/black box testing?

Then what really confuses me is as already mentioned here, that the majority of reviewers were unanimous in their grades for the game. This is different from accusing reviewers of being paid off or anything, I think that the majority of reviewers are dishonest with some sort of preconcieved bias, and they are also scared of being viewed as being edgy or something by not giving a game with such hype from a much lauded developer a glowing appraisal.

Then what really confuses me is as already mentioned here, that the majority of reviewers were unanimous in their grades for the game. This is different from accusing reviewers of being paid off or anything, I think that the majority of reviewers are dishonest with some sort of preconcieved bias, and they are also scared of being viewed as being edgy or something by not giving a game with such hype from a much lauded developer a glowing appraisal.
There were a bunch of pretty influential online types who were scouring for reviewers who weren't sufficiently complimentary of the game. Plenty of reviewers would have been very trigger shy.

From the main sites, only Kallie Plagge called the game out on something other than bugs, and she copped a torrent of abuse.

Sure enough, the neckbeards who smashed her started parroting her concerns post-launch.

There were a bunch of pretty influential online types who were scouring for reviewers who weren't sufficiently complimentary of the game. Plenty of reviewers would have been very trigger shy.

This was why I thought they were being dishonest. I really like Press Start's reviews. They seem pretty level and untainted by the whole scene, but even they gave it a good score. It was like they were shy of being honest. Every major reviewer made out like it was only the bugs (and that they were only minor) that were preventing a 10/10. There is no way every reviewer (just talking about the main ones) would think that way unless it was peer pressure.

I would be interested to know how much of the game reviewers were given to review. I would doubt they were given the full game so CDPR would have given them the best and most polished sections of the game to review. If they were to review the full game post-launch, I doubt many would be giving it higher than a 7 or 8.

I would be interested to know how much of the game reviewers were given to review. I would doubt they were given the full game so CDPR would have given them the best and most polished sections of the game to review. If they were to review the full game post-launch, I doubt many would be giving it higher than a 7 or 8.

They were given the whole game. They were just cowards.

As a game dev and former QA yourself, did you get a chuckle at things like floating mobile phones that were still moving in sync with hands for example, as if they simply weren't zeroed out in local space or attached to the right component? It was really derp things like that in that I wonder what sort of testing this had at all. Anyone who has spent 5 minutes in Unity would be able to address that during their own play testing. Early last year CDPR were advertising to hire unit test programmers, but where the hell was the play testing/black box testing?
I'd absolutely LOVE to know the full story, we're never going to hear it and will only ever get the one sided arguments from that Schreier who clearly has far too much of an agenda to truly be believed.

But one thing I noted from the new story out about the development, is that they seemed to try and scale up too quickly. This is something I'd been theorising with my co-workers over the past month or so. Thus they've effectively lost the processes and pipelines that they had in place. My guess is they've brought on a ton of juniors or just completely overwhelmed and under-experienced programmers as way too much of what I've seen is just bafflingly poor from a programmers perspective.

I have no doubt plenty of stuff was "known" and decided it was too small or not reproducible enough to fix prior to the game coming out. But some of these issues are just things that seem poorly implemented. As you said, the items that are constantly floating in world space, or not interactable. That stuff, to me, isn't a "testing" issue, it's a programmer issue and the way it was put in. It's stuff that from a top down level hasn't had the time and love it needed, it almost seems like it was a "throw it in and see how it goes" more than "this is the way it's meant to operate".

There's definitely room for QA not to find things though, which is where this theory of only or heavily external QA has me very interested. Because if that's true, I can see why a lot of issues made it's way through.

Dealing with external QA vs Internal QA is literally as worlds apart as you could want. Internal follows the game every day, generally knows the ins and outs, knows a lot of the code that's attached (whether they "know" the coding is irrelevant they get decent insight on what's going on and what's going wrong) and can often have far more of an impact day to day as well.

External QA, basically is there to make sure a game passes through certification. You may get the odd "balancing" issue or genuine bugs. But put simply, the focus and knowledge isn't there.

I would place the blame more so on the programmers end...but programmers are gonna probably blame QA. :p

Last edited:
By that logic there's no point cosmetically changing how you look in your everyday life.

First person was the right decision.
First person was the only decision.

Just as well they didn't try and implement 1st/3rd person switch.

The game couldn't be anymore garbage than what it already is.

Back