Rumour Jon Patton

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a reminder not to cross the line, BF does have rules we all abide by regarding mental health issues and unacceptable comments and jokes. Feel free to discuss any topic reasonably but please think before you post.
And please stick to the topic only.
Thanks.

Last edited:

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
Sounds like you're carrying a lot of guilt around.

It's not 'guilt'. I just acknowledge that I make women fearful for no other reason than the context of being a bloke and walking past them in a dark alley at night.

It's not intentional on my part.

I wish that wasn't the case, and women had nothing to fear from blokes in that situation (and there were less creeps out there getting restraining orders slapped on them, being creeps at bars and elsewhere, sexually assaulting and raping women, and generally giving blokes a bad name and scaring the s**t out of women) but that's just how it is.

CharacterFirst

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 25, 2011
A wilful, lavish land.
AFL Club
Geelong
It's not 'guilt'. I just acknowledge that I make women fearful for no other reason than the context of being a bloke and walking past them in a dark alley at night.

It's not intentional on my part.

I wish that wasn't the case, and women had nothing to fear from blokes in that situation (and there were less creeps out there getting restraining orders slapped on them, being creeps at bars and elsewhere, sexually assaulting and raping women, and generally giving blokes a bad name and scaring the sh*t out of women) but that's just how it is.
I don't think women's fear is entirely because of creepy men.

There is also a natural vulnerability that women face compared to men.

But of course the irony is that when you walk around at night you are in fact making women safer by being there as a "decent" male.

Who would have thought David Hasselhoff could do such good in the world.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
I don't think women's fear is entirely because of creepy men.

There is also a natural vulnerability that women face compared to men.

When the President of the US gets elected after openly stating he just walks around 'grabbing women by the pussy' without bothering to wait for consent, perhaps that vulnerability can be put into context.

Also explains why he's had something like 26 sexual assault cases against him.

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
No, that wasn't the comparison. It was comparing the same actions (or comments) within the context of slave and master, and man and woman.

Its like saying 'assault is assault' or 'a punch is a punch', which is like arguing a 25 year old male boxer randomly clocking a 90 year old invalid grandmother is 'the same thing' the grandmother feebly punching him in return.

They're both punches, but they're not the same thing, they dont have the same impact, and they carry different context.
If a 25 yo male boxer randomly "clocks" a 90 yo granny, then that is assault. If a 90 yo granny randomly clocks a 25 yo male boxer, then that it assault. Context is what either side presents in evidence. Mitigation is argued in defence and imbalance as aggravation.

burge13

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 25, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide
When the President of the US gets elected after openly stating he just walks around 'grabbing women by the pussy' without bothering to wait for consent, perhaps that vulnerability can be put into context.

Now we jump to Trump

Racism and trump. What a thread John Patton started...

Apr 27, 2008
The 'Yabba
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Chael Sonnen: Moral Champion
Lots of blokes are scared of the boogeyman as well.

Lets debate in good faith now eh?
What about that isn't good faith?

We literally had a prime minister defend the right of men to preemptively attack any man they thought would make a sexual advance toward them.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
If a 25 yo male boxer randomly "clocks" a 90 yo granny, then that is assault. If a 90 yo granny randomly clocks a 25 yo male boxer, then that it assault. Context is what either side presents in evidence. Mitigation is argued in defence and imbalance as aggravation.

So who almost certainly gets the harsher sentence?

The 90 year old granny feebly slapping the boxer, or the bigger stronger male boxer breaking the grannies jaw?

They're not the same thing.

Your mate: 'Dude, I just got punched!
You: 'Who by?
Your mate: 'A 90 year old granny in a wheelchair who I was trolling' (or, spitting out blood and nursing a broken jaw) 'Mike Tyson, for no reason whatsoever, in front of my kids.'

Same thing to you? Or does the context of the assault matter?

Mar 16, 2008
Uppercomebackwest
AFL Club
Richmond
So who almost certainly gets the harsher sentence?

The 90 year old granny feebly slapping the boxer, or the bigger stronger male boxer breaking the grannies jaw?

They're not the same thing.

Your mate: 'Dude, I just got punched!
You: 'Who by?
Your mate: 'A 90 year old granny in a wheelchair who I was trolling' (or, spitting out blood and nursing a broken jaw) 'Mike Tyson, for no reason whatsoever, in front of my kids.'

Same thing to you? Or does the context of the assault matter?
Did you read and then think? It's actually up to the courts to decide where people then can state their case. Assault is assault and actually doesn't even require physical contact, simply a fear or apprehension following a threat. is sufficient. Stick to the topic and stop conflating for your own benefit.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 9, 2006
Left of centre.
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Super Tottenham....from the Lane.
Is there a photo of Patton's member floating about on here? If not but someone has seen it, can I get a half decent description of it? Is his confidence warranted? My missus wants to know

The “little general” is known as Napoleon so I have been told.

Make of that what you will.

Sep 20, 2009
NSW
AFL Club
St Kilda

It's kinda funny you would talk about context while using a quote from Trump completely out of context. He was clearly talking about the gold digging girls who hang around looking for TV stars. He wasn't talking about ordinary girls on the street.

May 15, 2017
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Carlton, Tennessee Titans
Your decision to try and not understand the basis of racism , it’s historic Standing of having black minorities as outcasts in society.
Your neglect it not accepting this stops you from understanding racism today.
Your simplistic all racism is discrimination is flawed when you dont include the historical context of How it came to be.
But all racism is discrimination? Unless you're going to go for one of those weird "the meaning of words has changed and they don't literally mean what they are anymore" arguments.

Not talking about degrees and comparisons, talking about actual meaning.

Oct 2, 2007
Perth
AFL Club
Carlton
It's kinda funny you would talk about context while using a quote from Trump completely out of context. He was clearly talking about the gold digging girls who hang around looking for TV stars. He wasn't talking about ordinary girls on the street.

Its OK to sexually assault 'girls who hang around TV stars' without bothering with obtaining consent first, but 'girls on the street' are off limits?

In any event, he was expressly referring to a female publicist who was simply there doing her job (and also any other beautiful woman, who he just sexually assaults without bothering to obtain consent first).

Here is the actual transcript of what was said:

Billy Bush: Sheesh, your girl’s hot as s**t. In the purple.
Trump: Whoa! Whoa!
Bush: Yes! The Donald has scored. Whoa, my man!
[Crosstalk]
Trump: Look at you, you are a pussy.
[Crosstalk]
Trump: All right, you and I will walk out.
[Silence]
Trump: Maybe it’s a different one.
Bush: It better not be the publicist. No, it’s, it’s her, it’s —
Trump
: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.
Bush
: Whatever you want.
Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
Bush
: Uh, yeah, those legs, all I can see is the legs.

He says nothing about 'only' sexually assaulting 'gold digging girls who hang out with stars' without bothering to ask for consent (as if that is somehow a 'better' form of sexual assault). He's talking about wanting to sexually assault a specific publicist, while remarking that he often sexually assaults 'beautiful' women simply because they're beautiful, without bothering with a little thing called 'consent' which he just assumes they do, simply because he's famous.

On a completely unrelated note:

Donald Trump, current president of the United States, has been accused of rape, sexual assault, and sexual harassment, including non-consensual kissing or groping, by at least 25 women since the 1970s.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Donald_Trump_sexual_misconduct_allegations

Mate, this is the whole premise of this thread. Entitled male creeps who think just because they have a bit of fame or money, the normal rules of being a decent bloke and ensuring consent before engaging in sexual activity doesn't apply to them.

jc12

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 9, 2014
AFL Club
Richmond
You're actually arguing that getting clocked by Mike Tyson in his prime is the 'exact same thing' as getting clocked by a 90 year old invalid grandmother?

Yeah, I'm not going to debate with you anymore, because if you cant see how you're wrong already nothing I can say will convince you otherwise.
No mate. We are saying a sin is a sin. Please listen. You're probably one of those people that takes the wifes side in a divorce or believes whatever the woman says when it comes to violence without bothering to hear the real story.

A granny killing you compared to Mike Tyson killing still ends up in you dying mate.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back