Opinion The SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 Political or otherwise all you can eat Buffet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think they are that impressed or even care. We are quite insignificant to the rest of the planet.
Those who who have lost one or more loved one from the 2 million deaths would think otherwise.

It is true I haven’t asked all of them.
If you know anyone in a country overflowing with covid infections you would realise we are very lucky to be living in compliant Australia run by mostly competent leaders.

You are taking it for granted as it's chaos in so many countries with hospitals & ICU's so full, they are having to choose whose life to save.

If you know anyone in a country overflowing with covid infections you would realise we are very lucky to be living in compliant Australia run by mostly competent leaders.

You are taking it for granted as it's chaos in so many countries with hospitals & ICU's so full, they are having to choose whose life to save.
News story tonight, we are in the top 5 countries best shaped for economic recovery in 2021. We’ve done that whilst maintaining a low infection and death rate compared to the rest of the world. All our leaders besides the odd utensil up, one a lot worse than others, have done a bloody good job.

You wouldn’t want to live anywhere else than Australia.

As for anyone making light of deaths and hospitals being overrun and the strain they are under, really should be allowed to travel to experience it for themselves, maybe when they are there they might realise what a dick they’ve been and punch themselves in the face.

It got me thinking with the tennis players in quarantine and the actual state of some hotels in Australia at the moment. Yes the one on Waymouth street, Peppers in particular.

The state of the hotels used in quarantine from a hygiene must surely be beyond filthy. Sure I know that they clean the hotels, but seriously someone staying in a room 24/7 for months on end during this pandemic. Lets also remember while Im sure the cleaners do their best, its still going to be areas not cleaned properly.

One tennis player even found a rat in her hotel room. :drunk:

It got me thinking with the tennis players in quarantine and the actual state of some hotels in Australia at the moment. Yes the one on Waymouth street, Peppers in particular.

The state of the hotels used in quarantine from a hygiene must surely be beyond filthy. Sure I know that they clean the hotels, but seriously someone staying in a room 24/7 for months on end during this pandemic. Lets also remember while Im sure the cleaners do their best, its still going to be areas not cleaned properly.

Rooch snuck into a tennis player's room...

News story tonight, we are in the top 5 countries best shaped for economic recovery in 2021. We’ve done that whilst maintaining a low infection and death rate compared to the rest of the world. All our leaders besides the odd utensil up, one a lot worse than others, have done a bloody good job.

You wouldn’t want to live anywhere else than Australia.

As for anyone making light of deaths and hospitals being overrun and the strain they are under, really should be allowed to travel to experience it for themselves, maybe when they are there they might realise what a dick they’ve been and punch themselves in the face.
I’ve got a mate in Montreal. Sounds pretty pissed off about their measures as he works in a pub. His wife works for a pharmaceutical co. Interesting dynamic there I expect.
I’ve got another mate that works for Chevrolet in Detroit. He’s constantly out to dinner with his hot new girlfriend. I’ve seen him in Florida, some snow skiing area and around Detroit’s pubs in the last few weeks alone. You wouldn’t know there’s any issue by his posts on Facebook. I know a few others around Montreal to but they don’t talk about it much. Just seem to be going about as normal.
My Girlfriend has never come across Corona in Indonesia. She does wear a mask in public places but not at the numerous family gatherings she attends weekly. I also have a friend in Switzerland. She says it’s rampant there but has not mentioned anything about anyone she knows getting it. Just annoyance of lockdowns but she’s out a lot in nature also on holidays through summer travelling to other Swiss areas.
I’m going on these real life accounts from people I know and trust.

Shhh 🤫 don’t speak so loud. Everyone will want one.

I’ve got a mate in Montreal. Sounds pretty pissed off about their measures as he works in a pub. His wife works for a pharmaceutical co. Interesting dynamic there I expect.
I’ve got another mate that works for Chevrolet in Detroit. He’s constantly out to dinner with his hot new girlfriend. I’ve seen him in Florida, some snow skiing area and around Detroit’s pubs in the last few weeks alone. You wouldn’t know there’s any issue by his posts on Facebook. I know a few others around Montreal to but they don’t talk about it much. Just seem to be going about as normal.
My Girlfriend has never come across Corona in Indonesia. She does wear a mask in public places but not at the numerous family gatherings she attends weekly. I also have a friend in Switzerland. She says it’s rampant there but has not mentioned anything about anyone she knows getting it. Just annoyance of lockdowns but she’s out a lot in nature also on holidays through summer travelling to other Swiss areas.
That’s fantastic. So the world death count is fake news?

so, your saying it’s a hoax?

That’s fantastic. So the world death count is fake news?
No it’s not. just overblown in its perceived affect on people.
Depending where you are, it may (London COVID ward doctor) or may not (Almost every Australian) be evident.
1:3500 people have died of COVID worldwide over the last 12 months mostly elderly.
1:117 people die each year in the US. Most of them elderly.
1:168 people die each year in Australia. Most of them elderly.

The numbers are astronomical but it's hard to get any perspective just looking at them. Definitely when hospitals are full there's an industry that would be under the pump and difficult decisions needing to be made. We're aiming for elimination or near elimination. So we see a difference between 5 and 20 when there's a cluster on the go. But what's the functional difference between 500,000 and 600,000 from a 300,000,000 population. What's the impact on ordinary society there, I doubt much.

Look at Sweden, their strategy was limited social distancing to ease their way to herd immunity. It got into the aged care system and killed lots of people but their infection numbers never got close to getting near that required for herd immunity. So they were caught in a form of pergutory, the at risk group still very much at risk and no hope of enough infection to achieve their goal.

If you believed the hysterical ones, you'd think you were 100% chance of getting by looking at someone. Reality is that it's unlikely you'll get it from close contact with an infected person. It is more contagious than other virus', but that's like saying you're twice as likely to die crossing the road after 5 beers. What's 2 x 1:1,000,000, not a lot (you math nerds, I know it's 2:100,000,000 or 1:500,000).

We have no perspective to look at infection numbers and draw any conclusions on total societal impact.

No it’s not. just overblown in its perceived affect on people.
Depending where you are, it may (London COVID ward doctor) or may not (Almost every Australian) be evident.
1:3500 people have died of COVID worldwide over the last 12 months mostly elderly.
1:117 people die each year in the US. Most of them elderly.
1:168 people die each year in Australia. Most of them elderly.
Where you pulling these stats from and do you think we are at the end or the numbers might grow?

Depending on where you are, no s**t Sherlock. Isn’t that the debate, our restrictions are helping us avoiding being like London. The only restrictions we have are basically international travel, apart from that we are pretty free. So what restrictions are you wanted lifted, surely this isn’t still about you wanting to bonk your chick?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Where you pulling these stats from and do you think we are at the end or the numbers might grow?

Depending on where you are, no sh*t Sherlock. Isn’t that the debate, our restrictions are helping us avoiding being like London. The only restrictions we have are basically international travel, apart from that we are pretty free. So what restrictions are you wanted lifted, surely this isn’t still about you wanting to bonk your chick?
The numbers are the most simplest of maths. World population/deaths from COVID.
7B/2M = 3500.
US population/all US deaths.
Aust population/all Aust deaths.
I think it puts it in perspective.
You know what people in the US can’t do.
Go to packed rock concerts. packed sporting events.
Although we have essentially no Covid We are in exactly the same position.
You can leave the last comment out it’s irrelevant and just unnecessarily abusive. I’m just stating facts.

The numbers are the most simplest of maths. World population/deaths from COVID.
7B/2M = 3500.
US population/all US deaths.
Aust population/all Aust deaths.
I think it puts it in perspective.
You know what people in the US can’t do.
Go to packed rock concerts. packed sporting events.
Although we have essentially no Covid We are in exactly the same position.
As I said, people like you should be allowed to travel to these places

As I said, people like you should be allowed to travel to these places
Yes I should be able to go see my partner and her daughter and family.
I’m not going on a holiday there. I don’t expect it to be a Covid nightmare but having to go for 3 months (I need to sign a statutory declaration as to this) seems to be putting me in more danger than a shorter period quite unnecessarily.

Yes I should be able to go see my partner and her daughter and family.
I’m not going on a holiday there. I don’t expect it to be a Covid nightmare but having to go for 3 months (I need to sign a statutory declaration as to this) seems to be putting me in more danger than a shorter period quite unnecessarily.
You prepared to pay for two weeks quarantine on return?

You prepared to pay for two weeks quarantine on return?
Are you offering?
I’ll do what I have to do.
Definitely would like the vaccination before.

I've got a mate that tells me the earth is flat, and another one that insists the holocaust didn't happen.
My boss, who is a smart guy and I respect him a lot, tells me the moon landings were faked.

Q.E.D.

Are you offering?
I’ll do what I have to do.
Definitely would like the vaccination before.
You definitely should do it.
No international travel till at least 2022, and if it's like the Olympics that number will blow out again.

I went to my broker a few years ago, he said, can I say your financial position changed a bit since you've been dating your gf. I went over to her house and said I can't afford to go out with you anymore. If you don’t go think of the money you will save. ;)

You definitely should do it.
No international travel till at least 2022, and if it's like the Olympics that number will blow out again.

I went to my broker a few years ago, he said, can I say your financial position changed a bit since you've been dating your gf. I went over to her house and said I can't afford to go out with you anymore. If you don’t go think of the money you will save. ;)
There’s no doubt the occasional hooker and a cleaner would be the smart choice. 😜

I've got a mate that tells me the earth is flat, and another one that insists the holocaust didn't happen.
My boss, who is a smart guy and I respect him a lot, tells me the moon landings were faked.

Q.E.D.
That’s a special bunch of people you’ve attracted to you. A Nut job magnet. 👍

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back