Best 18 - One Player Per Club

Remove this Banner Ad

Savage Kent

All Australian
Aug 1, 2015
AFL Club
St Kilda
Hey Folks,

Just saw a post on Instagram selecting a starting line up using one player from each of the 18 clubs in the present. I created a similar thread in the past but that was for past and present players.

Interested to see others' teams posted on this thread. My team is as follows, assuming everyone is fit and available:

B: Ridley, May, Haynes
HB: Laird, Sicily, Saad
C: McCluggage, Fyfe, Gaff
HF: D Martin, J Cameron, De Goey
F: Butler, Dixon, Papley
R: Goldstein, Rowell, Bontempelli

Hey Folks,

Just saw a post on Instagram selecting a starting line up using one player from each of the 18 clubs in the present. I created a similar thread in the past but that was for past and present players.

Interested to see others' teams posted on this thread. My team is as follows, assuming everyone is fit and available:

B: Ridley, May, Haynes
HB: Laird, Sicily, Saad
C: McCluggage, Fyfe, Gaff
HF: D Martin, J Cameron, De Goey
F: Butler, Dixon, Papley
R: Goldstein, Rowell, Bontempelli
Maybe swap Rowell for Ballard/Lukascous as Sicily is injured and put Mitchell into the on ball?

Maybe swap Rowell for Ballard/Lukascous as Sicily is injured and put Mitchell into the on ball?
Good options. My best 18 was based on the assumption that everyone is fit and available rather than current injuries, in which case I would've probably put Mitchell on ball. I like Rowell so much I just had to include him. Fast becoming my favourite non saint in the league.

B: Ridley, Andrews, Haynes
HB: Laird, Moore, Lloyd
C: Gaff, Cripps, Bontempelli
HF: Martin, Gunston, Simpkin
F: Butler, Dixon, King
R: Gawn, Fyfe, Dangerfield

B: Haynes Andrews Ridley
HB: Daniel Weitering Ryan
C: Guthrie Petracca Simpkin
R: O'Brien Adams Steele
HF: Martin Dixon Ryan
FF: Papley King Gunston

Last edited:
FB: Howe Andrews Rampe
HB: Laird Collins Haynes
C: Gaff Boak Hunter
HF: D. Martin Larkey McDonald-Tipungwuti
FF: Butler Hawkins Gunston
R: Gawn Fyfe Cripps

These are always fun.

B: Sicily McGovern Ridley
HB: Docherty Moore Laird
C: McCluggage Fyfe L. Whitfield
HF: Petracca B. King Gresham
F: Papley C. Dixon Martin
Foll: Goldstein Bontempelli Dangerfield

Last edited:
Trying not the take the 'best' player on each team.

Adel - R.O'Brien
BL - H.Andrews
Carl - J.Weitering
Coll - T.Adams
Ess - A.McGrath
Frem - L.Ryan
Geel - T.Stewart
GC - B.King
GWS - T.Greene
Haw - J.Worpel
Melb - C.Petracca
NM - J.Anderson
PA - C.Rozee
Rich - T.Lynch
StK - H.Clark
Syd - T.Papley
WCE - L.Ryan
WB - C.Daniel

FB: L.Ryan - H.Andrews - T.Stewart
HB: C.Daniel - J.Weitering - A.McGrath
C: J.Worpel - T.Adams - H.Clark
HF: T.Greene - B.King - C.Rozee
FF: T.Papley - T.Lynch - L.Ryan
R: R.O'Brien - C.Petracca - J.Anderson

Last edited:
I love these threads. Here’s my crack at it:

FB: Luke Ryan, Talia, Rampe
HB: Ridley, Tarrant, Stewart
C: McCluggage, Cripps, J Kelly
HF: Liam Ryan, Dixon, Gunston
F: Rankine, Lynch, Butler
Foll: Grundy, Bont, Petracca

Good options. My best 18 was based on the assumption that everyone is fit and available rather than current injuries, in which case I would've probably put Mitchell on ball. I like Rowell so much I just had to include him. Fast becoming my favourite non saint in the league.

If Rowell is their best player GCS win the spoon this year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Rowell is their best player GCS win the spoon this year.
Rowell looks a special player and is the type that plays beyond his years.

No coincidence that they struggled to win games after his injury.

Amazing how Butler wasn't even best 22 at Richmond and one season later is St Kilda's best player.

Either
A - He upped his game
B - Underrated at Richmond along with his peers
C - St.Kilda have sh*t players and none to choose from

Combination or the three
Think it's a combination of A and B. One of the things about a dynasty is that you have unlucky players missing out and your small forward options are one of your biggest strengths.

Additionally in his first two seasons with the tigers Butler was averaging over a goal a game so was producing at a high level in a premiership season.

I'd also have to say that Steele and Marshall are our best players at the club. Butler is up there though.

Rowell looks a special player and is the type that plays beyond his years.

No coincidence that they struggled to win games after his injury.

They played 3 teams who hated being in the hub. 2 of them were threatening to just go home if the AFL didnt give guarantees on the maximum time they would be away.

No coincidence they started losing when they met teams who wanted to win.

Think it's a combination of A and B. One of the things about a dynasty is that you have unlucky players missing out and your small forward options are one of your biggest strengths.

Additionally in his first two seasons with the tigers Butler was averaging over a goal a game so was producing at a high level in a premiership season.

I'd also have to say that Steele and Marshall are our best players at the club. Butler is up there though.

Maybe talk to the AA selectors and query why only one Richmond player made AA after back to back premierships in the midst of a dynasty. Lots of our blokes are pretty underrated, and you are right, Butler was a gun at Richmond. But one thing - when he started receiving attention at St Kilda, his output dropped. So interesting to see how he responds this year.

Amazing how Butler wasn't even best 22 at Richmond and one season later is St Kilda's best player.

Either
A - He upped his game
B - Underrated at Richmond along with his peers
C - St.Kilda have sh*t players and none to choose from

Combination or the three
A. Got a severe wake up call and started taking things seriously

Gresham?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back