Remove this Banner Ad

jd2010

Well done boys. Good process, carry on
Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, Brentford FC
If India's openers can score at a good rate and get off to a decent start they might just be tempted enough to throw Pant in at 3 and have a real go at winning this

If this first rain delay shortens today by more than 10-15 overs does Paine just declare now?

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
When I checked Cricinfo a few minutes ago, it said 65. Maybe that’s the scheduled amount.
So India will need about 4 runs per over from here. Very unlikely.

Don't mind their tactic of just staying in wearing the bowlers out. Maybe have a crack in the final session if they get through only 1-3 down.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
So India will need about 4 runs per over from here. Very unlikely.

Don't mind their tactic of just staying in wearing the bowlers out. Maybe have a crack in the final session if they get through only 1-3 down.

I’ve been out most of the morning so haven’t really been able to watch as yet, however judging from the scoring rate etc I don’t believe they’re going for the win.

It’s perhaps 40-50 runs too many to risk chasing hard, survival seems to be the aim given no expected rain today.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
I’ve been out most of the morning so haven’t really been able to watch as yet, however judging from the scoring rate etc I don’t believe they’re going for the win.

It’s perhaps 40-50 runs too many to risk chasing hard, survival seems to be the aim given no expected rain today.
We've bowled short with two men out for the catch to finish the session. They haven't been aggressively trying to win and they have no reason to. If they can chalk up another 80-90 runs without losing many wickets in the next session that'll leave them still 160 which is too much to go for. Probably need to make a call to go for it during the 2nd session if these two continue.

Again, they have no real reason to go for it as the holders of the trophy.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Does a drawn series help the Aussies hold their ranking and make it easier to get into the Test final at Lords?

If not, then I really don't get why we didn't declare much sooner and go for it and draw the Indians into having a go.

glenferry23

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 26, 2010
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal, New York Yankees
We've bowled short with two men out for the catch to finish the session. They haven't been aggressively trying to win and they have no reason to. If they can chalk up another 80-90 runs without losing many wickets in the next session that'll leave them still 160 which is too much to go for. Probably need to make a call to go for it during the 2nd session if these two continue.

Again, they have no real reason to go for it as the holders of the trophy.

Yep, they have no need to go hard at the target. It did look like Gill was trying to up the run rate and then to reassess the situation at tea time perhaps. But the wicket changes everything again now, they may shut up shop again. Gill batted well again, looks a class batsman at such a young age.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

On the India train.

A) They deserve it

B) We don't deserve to be in the WTC Final. India and NZ are clearly better teams.

C) A complete review into Australian cricket is needed. A change in scheduling (make the Shield run concurrently with the tests and not this hit and giggle bullshit), and time to make some tough calls on some careers (Wade, Starc, Paine and, dare I say, Lyon). Starc should purely be a white ball cricketer. MAYBE play him in a D/N test with the pink ball but that's it.

jd2010

Feb 1, 2010
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
On the India train.

A) They deserve it

B) We don't deserve to be in the WTC Final. India and NZ are clearly better teams.

C) A complete review into Australian cricket is needed. A change in scheduling (make the Shield run concurrently with the tests and not this hit and giggle bullshit), and time to make some tough calls on some careers (Wade, Starc, Paine and, dare I say, Lyon). Starc should purely be a white ball cricketer. MAYBE play him in a D/N test with the pink ball but that's it.
I'm with you on all fronts

Back