2021 Formula One Season: Championship Decider Abu Dhabi - Verstappen Wins in a Controversial Race! 🏆 🍾

Oct 7, 2001
In the Pocket Rocket, lights ablaze!
AFL Club
Collingwood
Australian GP has it's own history even though you and the AGP Corporation don't acknowledge it.
I don’t have an issue with the history.
But a “GP” that had Formula Pacific cars driving around, while true F1 cars were trundling around elsewhere, draws a very big line in the sand.
A massive difference that cannot be overlooked. And a difference that means the two competitions cannot be joined. Especially as no F1 champion crowned, or manufacturing champion declared, in those years ever scored points from an Australian GP.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
FIA grade 2 which is still the highest for a purpose built track in Australia but still not good enough for F1. It may take a bit of work for a Grade 1. Remoteness may also be a big issue for the travelling circus.
Evidentally it'll take about $50 mil more, talking to Mr Shahin about it.

The media whirlwind around the Aus Open tennis circus would be 10 fold if F1 participants acted the same as these entitled nuffies.

Except FI was smarter - No way they would endure a 14 day quarantine which is next to impossible if you run an international sporting calendar.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Except FI was smarter - No way they would endure a 14 day quarantine which is next to impossible if you run an international sporting calendar.
Why would they need to do a 14 day quarantine is what gets me, surely we could have just held the event with the drivers and staff isolated from the public.

Last edited:

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Why would they need to do a 14 day quarantine is what gets me, surely we could have just held the event with the drivers and staff isolated from the public.
Australian regulations

hey shorty

Cancelled
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
They let the cricket players and the footy players play games and train while in quarantine, what is the difference?
Footy players aren't coming in from overseas, and the 30 or so travelling from India are under huge restrictions.

There would be more people in half a travelling F1 team than there would be in the Indian side.

Footy players aren't coming in from overseas, and the 30 or so travelling from India are under huge restrictions.

There would be more people in half a travelling F1 team than there would be in the Indian side.
Yup, each team has between 50 - 75 personnel in their "track team"

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton

Even still the task doesn't seem that difficult to isolate them from the general public no matter the number as they are doing with the tennis players. You would like to think at least by the rescheduled date everyone in the F1 paddock will be vaccinated to skip this isolation period.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong

Who processes them through customs and the airport? How do they get from the airport to where they're are basing themselves? There are all sorts of times when they're going to need to interact with locals.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
Who processes them through customs and the airport? How do they get from the airport to where they're are basing themselves? There are all sorts of times when they're going to need to interact with locals.
Who does that with everyone coming in from overseas? Why even let anyone in at all even our own citizens?

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
A question for people, what is a good streaming service to watch F1 on, I don't mind paying.

I'm having Foxtel turned off on 26 Jan and wondering what reliable, quality services are around to stream it on. I only want F1, I have AFL sorted so not really interested in anything else these days (Olympics being another one when the time comes).

Thanks.

Herne Hill Hammer

Cancelled
10k Posts
Jun 22, 2008
AFL Club
Geelong
Who does that with everyone coming in from overseas? Why even let anyone in at all even our own citizens?

The only way I can see them isolating the F1 is to have accommodation contained within the confines of the circuit. For me, it's the only practical way, with 10 teams there would just be too many moving parts to have them transiting from hotels to track each day.

With regards to our own citizens, they're not wanting to move around daily and aren't interacting with anyone else, unless they're with immediate family, they do their 2 weeks, get tested, they're clear, the go home and back to their lives.

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
The only way I can see them isolating the F1 is to have accommodation contained within the confines of the circuit. For me, it's the only practical way, with 10 teams there would just be too many moving parts to have them transiting from hotels to track each day.

With regards to our own citizens, they're not wanting to move around daily and aren't interacting with anyone else, unless they're with immediate family, they do their 2 weeks, get tested, they're clear, the go home and back to their lives.
Tennis

Skull Face

Premiership Player
Aug 27, 2019
Australia
AFL Club
Carlton
..and that's a PR, political and logistical nightmare for all involved atm. Imagine telling Hamilton that he has to sit in a hotel for 2 weeks and he's only allowed out for qualifying and the race.
they aren't here for more then 3-5 days and they already have been through most of last year.....

anything else?

Back