News 2021 NMFC AGM - Wednesday, 3 March 2021 - 6pm @ Arden St.

Remove this Banner Ad

In 2007 he didn't see a way out, and I'm sure the man is thrilled by the turnaround since.

You sure about that? In 2014, in spite of admitting the club was being run well, he still wished we had moved to the Gold Cosst.

He cares more for the national expansion of the game, than he does for North these days.

You sure about that?

He still may be of the belief that the club will eventually fail in Melbourne. It appears that way 7 years ago.

We still may very well fail in Melbourne if the people who are so hell bent on maintaining power don't actually get around to achieving something more than balancing the books and taking credit for council toilet blocks.

He still may be of the belief that the club will eventually fail in Melbourne. It appears that way 7 years ago.

We still may very well fail in Melbourne if the people who are so hell bent on maintaining power don't actually get around to achieving something more than balancing the books and taking credit for council toilet blocks.

He didn’t think we could survive in Melbourne in the lead up to 2007 and also didn’t graciously throw his support behind those who did. The club had been purposely run into the ground, to facilitate relocation, and then he sniped from the sidelines at those who stopped relocation and death.

I’ll give him all the credit in the world for what he and others did in the 70s. However, the fact remains that we would be on the Gold Coast if he had his way.

A North Melbourne at Arden St, even with a women’s side and the Huddle, is immeasurably better than being the Gold Coast Surferoos.

He didn’t think we could survive in Melbourne in the lead up to 2007 and also didn’t graciously throw his support behind those who did.

Did they ask? Show me proof of this?

The club had been purposely run into the ground............

What a load of UTTER frog s**t!

You're another Scanlon sycophant.

Show me proof of this?

Did they ask? Show me proof of this?

What a load of UTTER frog sh*t!

You're another Scanlon sycophant.

It’s bizarro world in here.

The people that saved the club are now the enemy and those those still want us on the Gold Coast are the saviours.

And I wouldn’t know a Scanlon if they jumped out of my halal snack pack.

It’s bizarro world in here.

The people that saved the club are now the enemy and those those still want us on the Gold Coast are the saviours.

And I wouldn’t know a Scanlon if they jumped out of my halal snack pack.

You're full of s**t Arden.

PROOF!

WHERE IS IT?!

You're full of sh*t Arden.

PROOF!

WHERE IS IT?!

Tell us more about how great Graham Duff is . Vividly remember you defending him and getting pissy at anyone who criticised him.

You have the judgement of a newt.

Tell us more about how great Graham Duff is . Vividly remember you defending him and getting pissy at anyone who criticised him.

You have the judgement of a newt.

You deflated quicker than a crepe paper franger.

Being a smug campaigner doesn't qualify you as anything.

Piss off.

You still sure Aylett is thrilled at the turnaround?

Which is interesting, considering you think the club is being run like sh*t and on its knees.

So what turnaround?

The turnaround with avoiding relocation.

Do you have any sense of context whatsoever?

Last edited by a moderator:
The turnaround with avoiding relocation.

Do you have any sense of context whatsoever?

You think he is thrilled at the turnaround, even when he said this?

"But we had done a fantastic deal with the AFL with relation to Metricon Stadium. We'd have been the Saturday night team on television in Melbourne.

"We would have been $50 million better off than now when still, it (North) is one of those clubs that has to watch everything it is doing although, mind you, they are doing a very good job."

Sounds to me like he thought we made the wrong decision and placed a fictional pot of gold over the club’s history and geographical proximity to its real supporters.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You think he is thrilled at the turnaround, even when he said this?

Sounds to me like he thought we made the wrong decision and placed a fictional pot of gold over the club’s history and geographical proximity to its real supporters.

Context again. Look it up in the dictionary.

Peanuts don't have ears true. They do have eyes and noses. Which implies the existence of some form of ear, probably just not visible to the naked eye.

Mr-Peanut.png

He didn’t think we could survive in Melbourne in the lead up to 2007 and also didn’t graciously throw his support behind those who did. The club had been purposely run into the ground, to facilitate relocation, and then he sniped from the sidelines at those who stopped relocation and death.

I’ll give him all the credit in the world for what he and others did in the 70s. However, the fact remains that we would be on the Gold Coast if he had his way.

A North Melbourne at Arden St, even with a women’s side and the Huddle, is immeasurably better than being the Gold Coast Surferoos.

Spot on.

In 2007 all website membership enquiries routed directly to Gold Coast membership categories.

Must've been a quirk of the internet.

In 2007 he didn't see a way out, and I'm sure the man is thrilled by the turnaround since.

I didn't agree with his views back then either, but I'm not going to crap all over the mans legacy just because he eventually ran out of ideas. Without him we may very well have not made it as far as 2007!

Would you not need to apply the same light and shade viewpoint to Brayshaw and Blakey using that logic?

Spot on.

In 2007 all website membership enquiries routed directly to Gold Coast membership categories.

Must've been a quirk of the internet.

In 2007 they were advocating a Gold Coast relocation.

Don't start going postmodernist on me now.

Would you not need to apply the same light and shade viewpoint to Brayshaw and Blakey using that logic?

Where is your correlation?

In 2007 they were advocating a Gold Coast relocation.

Don't start going postmodernist on me now.

I'm confused how you can calmly sweep aside "advocating a Gold Coast relocation" as collateral damage in a difficult period?

They (Aylett et al) were actively choking out the club's chances of clawing on to Melbourne. Not simply pursuing the Gold Coast as an emergency option.

Where is your correlation?

The correlation would be looking past Aylett's lesser appeal aspects (eg pro-relocation) in favour of his contribution to the 1970s yet focusing on perceived lowlights of Brayshaw's (perhaps not having an all-out premiership focus) and Blakey's (COLA/son) contributions to the club over their strong contributions in other areas.

I'm confused how you can calmly sweep aside "advocating a Gold Coast relocation" as collateral damage in a difficult period?

I don't.

I also don't get ****ing amnesia when it comes to the 26 years spanning 1952 to 1977!!!

The correlation would be looking past Aylett's lesser appeal aspects (eg pro-relocation) in favour of his contribution to the 1970s yet focusing on perceived lowlights of Brayshaw's (perhaps not having an all-out premiership focus) and Blakey's (COLA/son) contributions to the club over their strong contributions in other areas.

History has revealed that JB was a Scanlon patsy, and it's notable that he remains distant & detached from the club these days.

As far as I am concerned Blakey is only interested in Blakey.

Neither are worthy of being mentioned in the same breath as Allen Aylett.

I'm still struggling with Doc Aylett barracking for the Swans in the 96 GF.
Whether there's any validity to that or not, in fairness, the Sydney Swans were his pet project and legacy from his time in the VFL Commission in the 80s and the VFL back at that time had thrown a lot of money and effort into trying to establish Aussie Rules in the hearts of those who dwell above the Barrassi Line. It took nearly twenty years for the Swans to be accepted in NSW as a genuine Sydney team that could stand legitimately as a sustainable team. Some may even fairly argue that they still aren't. It leaves me to ponder the great "What if"?

What would have become of North had we allowed our team to be exported back in 07? How many of the existing 2007 membership (18,000) would have stuck ... I suspect not many. Yes we'd have had loads of money thrown our way, a great new exclusive home ground (which has only ever been filled for the Comm Games and BBL Cricket), draft picks coming out of our wazoo, but probably bugger all support. Yes we might have made the 2026 GF and ironically have Andrew Demetiou sitting on the sideline barracking for us too. It'd almost be history repeating. :winkv1:

Whether there's any validity to that or not, in fairness, the Sydney Swans were his pet project and legacy from his time in the VFL Commission in the 80s and the VFL back at that time had thrown a lot of money and effort into trying to establish Aussie Rules in the hearts of those who dwell above the Barrassi Line. It took nearly twenty years for the Swans to be accepted in NSW as a genuine Sydney team that could stand legitimately as a sustainable team. Some may even fairly argue that they still aren't. It leaves me to ponder the great "What if"?

What would have become of North had we allowed our team to be exported back in 07? How many of the existing 2007 membership (18,000) would have stuck ... I suspect not many. Yes we'd have had loads of money thrown our way, a great new exclusive home ground (which has only ever been filled for the Comm Games and BBL Cricket), draft picks coming out of our wazoo, but probably bugger all support. Yes we might have made the 2026 GF and ironically have Andrew Demetiou sitting on the sideline barracking for us too. It'd almost be history repeating. :winkv1:

The "deal" did not include draft picks coming out of our wazoo. As we had a full, competitive list already (preliminary finalists that year), the AFL only offered a single, early second round pick if I remember correctly. It may have been 2x second rounders, but certainly not the bumper crop that the Gold Coast Suns received.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back