Opinion The SARS-COV-2 and COVID-19 Political or otherwise all you can eat Buffet.

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like your mates... still travelling in the middle of a pandemic.
You do realise it’s totally legal everywhere but here pretty much. Between countries isn’t very easy though. Lots of forms to fill out and health checks.

You do realise it’s totally legal everywhere but here pretty much. Between countries isn’t very easy though. Lots of forms to fill out and health checks.
You do know that COVID is rampant just about everywhere else travel is allowed, don’t you? Do you not see the ridiculousness of your statement?

You do know that COVID is rampant just about everywhere else travel is allowed, don’t you? Do you not see the ridiculousness of your statement?
It’s also far from an episode of “the Living Dead”. Considering the largest majority of those catching the virus don’t know or have a little sniffle. I don’t think it’s affecting people overseas much. Except of course if you’re at the coalface of a hospital Covid ward.
Probably why those tennis players that are living in affected countries come here and wonder what’s the hype.

It’s also far from an episode of “the Living Dead”. Considering the largest majority of those catching the virus don’t know or have a little sniffle. I don’t think it’s affecting people overseas much. Except of course if you’re at the coalface of a hospital Covid ward.
Probably why those tennis players that are living in affected countries come here and wonder what’s the hype.
You do realise that there are areas in the USA (e.g. LA County) where people are dying at twice the normal rate, because of COVID? i.e. areas which would normally expect 50 deaths per day from all causes are now experiencing 100+ deaths per day.

Here, the number of excess deaths was negative in 2020, because we handled it well.

Your casual willingness to sacrifice other people's lives is truly disturbing.

In the US, for every 100 people you come across, 8 will have or have had covid. Probably half without a sniffle. That doesn't seem like it would effect the ordinary functioning of society in any serious way. But we do know it has a serious mortality rate among the frail, so the at risk definitely need protection. Especially when the health system is redlining. But it seems there's a lot of wanting it to be worse than it is going on. That said, relative to other virus', losing your s**t over 8/100 infected might be the norm. I have no understanding of the historical reference points.

You do realise that there are areas in the USA (e.g. LA County) where people are dying at twice the normal rate, because of COVID? i.e. areas which would normally expect 50 deaths per day from all causes are now experiencing 100+ deaths per day.

Here, the number of excess deaths was negative in 2020, because we handled it well.

Your casual willingness to sacrifice other people's lives is truly disturbing.
You’re so full of s**t sometimes.
Im not sacrificing anyone. Just pointing out the stupid overreacting to something that is barely noticible even in hard hit areas. When you condense it down to numbers in a hard hit nursing home of course it’s noticeable. My sister works in a nursing home and guess what there’s another death every few days of the year. Same with hospitals. But in general unless in a lockdown to take pressure off the hospitals everyone is just going about their business as normal.

To those that constantly downplay this virus...

As of Jan. 15, more than 2,700 bodies are stored at both hospitals and the coroner's office, according to the order. "Mobile mortuaries" have already been set up outside hospitals in Los Angeles County, where a person dies of coronavirus every eight minutes, the county said last week on Twitter.

More than 6,300 Californians have died from COVID-19 since New Year’s Day, a two-week total that represents roughly 20% of the state’s 32,300-plus total of coronavirus-related fatalities.

But Spain on Monday recorded over 84,000 new COVID-19 infections, the highest increase over a single weekend since the pandemic began.
The country's overall tally is heading to 2.5 million cases with 53,000 confirmed virus deaths, although excess mortality statistics add over 30,000 deaths to that.

To those that constantly downplay this virus...

As of Jan. 15, more than 2,700 bodies are stored at both hospitals and the coroner's office, according to the order. "Mobile mortuaries" have already been set up outside hospitals in Los Angeles County, where a person dies of coronavirus every eight minutes, the county said last week on Twitter.

More than 6,300 Californians have died from COVID-19 since New Year’s Day, a two-week total that represents roughly 20% of the state’s 32,300-plus total of coronavirus-related fatalities.

But Spain on Monday recorded over 84,000 new COVID-19 infections, the highest increase over a single weekend since the pandemic began.
The country's overall tally is heading to 2.5 million cases with 53,000 confirmed virus deaths, although excess mortality statistics add over 30,000 deaths to that.

Someone dies in the US every 11 seconds. That’s 44 in 8 minutes. I wonder where they are stacking these bodies up.
This is constant though not just a spike that will drop down in a while.
Meanwhile in the uk..,
"I think quite a few of us are already broken by this."

In England, a coronavirus patient is being admitted to hospital every 30 seconds, and London's hospitals are near breaking point - with 40 per cent of staff reporting symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.

Meanwhile in the uk..,
"I think quite a few of us are already broken by this."

In England, a coronavirus patient is being admitted to hospital every 30 seconds, and London's hospitals are near breaking point - with 40 per cent of staff reporting symptoms of post-traumatic stress disorder.

the trend Line is dropping sharply now which is good.
1611134176922.jpeg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting article, looks like compulsory vaccination more likely than not if an employer chooses. The test case won't stop most of us being required to be vaccinated even if it it gets up.

Interesting article, looks like compulsory vaccination more likely than not if an employer chooses. The test case won't stop most of us being required to be vaccinated even if it it gets up.

Should be essential where you are in contact with lots of people.

Businesses are not going to want someone in their office risking others & the business operations.

About 20 years ago Bank SA had a scheme where if you wanted to get vaccinated for anything they would pay the costs.
Three people in there 40s in my wifes team decided to go and get the chicken pox vaccine one lunch time together, they all got chickenpox and ended up having to have time off.
Could work against the employer if the same happened with the astrazenica vaccine.

About 20 years ago Bank SA had a scheme where if you wanted to get vaccinated for anything they would pay the costs.
Three people in there 40s in my wifes team decided to go and get the chicken pox vaccine one lunch time together, they all got chickenpox and ended up having to have time off.
Could work against the employer if the same happened with the astrazenica vaccine.
I know of cases where doctors have ended up in ICU after the flu jab.

There will be cases where someone reacts adversely which is unavoidable, but for the most part a vaccine should do far more good than bad.

I know of cases where doctors have ended up in ICU after the flu jab.

There will be cases where someone reacts adversely which is unavoidable, but for the most part a vaccine should do far more good than bad.
Yes, I make these comments to maybe balance the conversation, definitely not to put people off of receiving the vaccine.
Getting any vaccine is or should be a personal choice.
A family friends son died after receiving the mmr shot, was revived. Next immunisation shots came around and he died again, was revived the second time. The doctors declared at that point he was never to receive vaccines ever again, lucky mum knew cpr and ambos arrived quickly. In adulthood he studied in the health field and was asked to get vaccinations for the flu, I believe he was let off because of past experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back