DUBLIN FOOTBALL CLUB v AFC BATH
QuVe4X6.jpg

BathAwayRioli8217(1).png

SUTTON COLDFIELD v BRIXTON AFC
SNuiF93.jpg

ZrnTMCn.jpg

Wow not much love for the Cheshire Cats so far :(
I was actually pretty proud of this one...ahh well

I think your design and presentation concept are really good. I really like the two-tone ringed style hoops, and the shop concept is something i've actually tried before, but I didn't quite like it enough to continue. Looking back at it, I think I probably should have gone this way instead of the more artsy display I ended up going with.

HFQSAaU.png

I think you needed to lean into the shop concept a bit harder if you were going to do it. I did a webshop style thing for Waikato there, but you could also look at mocking up an actual club shop with shirts on racks etc, even finding a decent photo of an existing AFL club shop and editing it to your team. Your FLO entry was a great example of how this can be done well and is a bit stronger than your presentation here.

The key factor though is that you're also always going to be hamstrung by template when using paint style templates in the current era when just about everyone you'll play against will have something a bit more polished even at entry level.

I think your design and presentation concept are really good. I really like the two-tone ringed style hoops, and the shop concept is something i've actually tried before, but I didn't quite like it enough to continue. Looking back at it, I think I probably should have gone this way instead of the more artsy display I ended up going with.

HFQSAaU.png

I think you needed to lean into the shop concept a bit harder if you were going to do it. I did a webshop style thing for Waikato there, but you could also look at mocking up an actual club shop with shirts on racks etc, even finding a decent photo of an existing AFL club shop and editing it to your team. Your FLO entry was a great example of how this can be done well and is a bit stronger than your presentation here.

The key factor though is that you're also always going to be hamstrung by template when using paint style templates in the current era when just about everyone you'll play against will have something a bit more polished even at entry level.

$120 for a Waikato guernsey?

4f31635cbf464fcfa0614d3db6c90c73.gif

That's ten more than Wellington, right?

Not even close.

If I correctly remember the orders from last year (which I do), you bought 10 Seawolves guernseys by yourself, or don't you remember me checking that it wasn't a typo, which amazingly it wasn't.

I know that we do sell the guernseys at a lower price than Waikato ($100 each), but we were very happy with your purchase and all the others as well (won't name names for privacy purposes).

Not even close.

If I correctly remember the orders from last year (which I do), you bought 10 Seawolves guernseys by yourself, or don't you remember me checking that it wasn't a typo, which amazingly it wasn't.

I know that we do sell the guernseys at a lower price than Waikato ($100 each), but we were very happy with your purchase and all the others as well (won't name names for privacy purposes).
I would have remembered burning Makos jumpers if I bought any

(Log in to remove this ad.)

HFQSAaU.png
Thanks yeh the idea I went with here was inspired by this pic
1611132783277.png
I did a bit of a gradient as well to try and make the hoops 3D but its a bit lost on the dark hoops.

The inspiration for this particular shop style presentation was like an email that the club would send out to the members. I was pretty short on time in the end as well and my presentation suffered as a result. I did like my FLO shop presentation as well but I felt like my hard work was being lost in the image itself. All trial and error I guess

I would love to have the time and energy to have a proper look and crack at your tut on how to put a design into a real life photo. With all these different comps at the moment maybe I should just be concentrating on putting my design on Butters for NAFL.

Thank you Scorch for the feedback. With your advice maybe 2022 will smile on the Cheshire Cats...

Back