Sam Skinner and Flynn Appleby

Remove this Banner Ad

Googled Sam Skinner and he looks like Tom Hawkins and is a similar height and weight.

List him then pray he's an illegitimate half-brother.

Cheer mate, hind sight is a wonderful thing ;)

Let's not get too carried away with him just yest.... AFL is all about consistency.... so while he started off in a blaze towards the end of the season he kicked zero against crows with 4 touches, dropped the next game, then came back for final game against sts and kicked one. He will have more chances next yr with jc gone but will also mean he will have the best or 2nd best def on him too

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Skinner was thrown back when there were no opportunities forward at the lions.

He’s a big bodied, contested marking forward. He has good skills and used to be athletic.

I’m pretty sure they can offer just a one year deal in this scenario.

Skinner was thrown back when there were no opportunities forward at the lions.

He’s a big bodied, contested marking forward. He has good skills and used to be athletic.

I’m pretty sure they can offer just a one year deal in this scenario.

Have to admit only seen limited clips but in those he was always playing down back... I saw a lions game this year and he was fwd then

Sam Skinner = The Box.

Flynn Appleby = The Sir Humphrey

So are we assuming skinner will be trailed this preseason as a forward/Defence depth player?
I don't hate it but would rather take a pick to the mid season draft.
Not sure about his 3 ACL's either, feels like a bit risk even with a 1 year contract and potentially missing out on the best tall in the reserves; especially with all the Victorians not playing in 2020.
Happy to VFL list him and see where it goes.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It appears the obsession with getting another key forward has reached new levels.

At this rate, posters will be suggesting that we offer Gumbleton a contract by mid Feb.
I assume you mean Frank. He must be in his late 60s now, but would still be a better bet than Scott.
A respectful discussion. We should have it stuffed and put on display.
And then park a coffee cart in front of it.

Both these guys seem to have been very impressive in training. We have 1 spot atm but I’d create a second by putting Comben on the LTI and take both as SSP
Only issue with that is no kid mid year which I reckon is a wasted opportunity.
Even if you VFL appleby and say that you'll grab him mid year if he continues form.\
Too risky not to keep a spot open for potentially the best kid in the league who didn't get picked up in the draft or a position of need.

Skinner is the obvious choice (if he impresses in the pre-season) given our lack of Key Forwards.
However, I would like to keep a spot open for mid season, considering there will be some kids who didn’t get a chance to put their name up in lights last year.
There is bound to be a few kids who will have recruiters wishing they’d picked them in the draft proper.
I assume we have pick 2 in the mid-season draft?

Skinner is the obvious choice (if he impresses in the pre-season) given our lack of Key Forwards.
However, I would like to keep a spot open for mid season, considering there will be some kids who didn’t get a chance to put their name up in lights last year.
There is bound to be a few kids who will have recruiters wishing they’d picked them in the draft proper.
I assume we have pick 2 in the mid-season draft?
Mid season draft positions depend on how well you're doing in the season up until that point.

Sorry I don’t really know about list sizes this year as they are hella confusing but is there only one spot left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Sorry I don’t really know about list sizes this year as they are hella confusing but is there only one spot left?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
1 rookie spot and 1 cat b spot left.
any player can be put on longer term injury list which free's up another rookie spot.
Could be the case for the likes of comben if he can't get over his constant injuries.

any player can be put on longer term injury list which free's up another rookie spot.
Could be the case for the likes of comben if he can't get over his constant injuries.

Thanks a lot!!!! Appreciate it

On iPad using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is one spot left but it can be senior or rookie can it not.... plus the b

Remove this Banner Ad

Back