Traded Adam Treloar [traded with #26, #33 and #42 to Bulldogs for #14 and 2021 R2]

Who won this trade?

• Collingwood

Votes: 1 6.3%
  • Western Bulldogs

Votes: 15 93.8%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

They still haven't solved their KPD or KPF issue yet have they?

JUH might be a star, but he can't carry the load up front this season, which means relying on Naughton getting through the whole season or Bruce being consistently not bad, or Schache having a miracle season.

Martin & English haven't shown any real ability forward that I know of?

I think they should play finals, and might surprise and get through to a prelim, but their spine isn't yet on par with the Top-4 from last year so it would rely on a lot of goals coming from the midfielders I'd think.
A partner for Keath is clearly missing for me. Question marks over whether Gardner is even AFL quality, Cordy undersized and Lewis Young is developing much slower than anticipated.

JUH might be a star, but he can't carry the load up front this season, which means relying on Naughton getting through the whole season or Bruce being consistently not bad, or Schache having a miracle season.

I think they should play finals, and might surprise and get through to a prelim, but their spine isn't yet on par with the Top-4 from last year so it would rely on a lot of goals coming from the midfielders I'd think.

Bruce and Keith the previous year.

Throw in Naughton, English and that stacked midfield.

They just picked up the best kid in the draft.

No excuses.

Bruce and Keith the previous year.

Throw in Naughton, English and that stacked midfield.

They just picked up the best kid in the draft.

No excuses.

Bruce was average to poor in most games in 2020, Keath is capable but the only quality KPD back there.

Naughton is quality at either end, but has to stay fit.

JUH may be the best kid in the draft in future, but when was the last time a first year KPF came through and held together a forwardline in a premiership side?

Franklin has been the best of the last 20 years and he took 3 years to start doing it.

Plenty of excuses I'd say.

A partner for Keath is clearly missing for me. Question marks over whether Gardner is even AFL quality, Cordy undersized and Lewis Young is developing much slower than anticipated.

That 2nd tall at each end is where the hole seems to be for me, might be the midfield is strong enough to cover for it. Collingwood managed it.

Bruce was average to poor in most games in 2020, Keath is capable but the only quality KPD back there.

Naughton is quality at either end, but has to stay fit.

JUH may be the best kid in the draft in future, but when was the last time a first year KPF came through and held together a forwardline in a premiership side?

Franklin has been the best of the last 20 years and he took 3 years to start doing it.

Plenty of excuses I'd say.
Aaron Naughton has been fit for most of his young career
1st year played 18 games
2sd year played 23 games
3rd year played 12 games that was the only year he had a injury interrupted year

1st year played 18 games
2sd year played 23 games
3rd year played 12 games that was the only year he had a injury interrupted year

I was meaning it more in the sense that it relies on him being fit to hold the forward structure together. Bruce hasn't been reliable enough, Schache has been... disappointing. And JUH is a couple of years off being a lone hand no matter how good he is.

It's a lot of pressure to put on a young KPP when there's no real genuine foil, and whilst JUH should be able to provide a good contribution if he's as good as everyone says, I think they'll need Naughton taking the best defender still.

1st year played 18 games
2sd year played 23 games

I also am somewhat surprised about the 2019 figure, I have this memory of a few injury scares for him that year as well.

I was meaning it more in the sense that it relies on him being fit to hold the forward structure together. Bruce hasn't been reliable enough, Schache has been... disappointing. And JUH is a couple of years off being a lone hand no matter how good he is.

It's a lot of pressure to put on a young KPP when there's no real genuine foil, and whilst JUH should be able to provide a good contribution if he's as good as everyone says, I think they'll need Naughton taking the best defender still.
Always said I wished we had two Aaron Noughton’s we can place one in the forward line and the other in the backline he is a special talent

Keath & Naughton would be a very nice KPD pairing if you could make it happen.
We drafted him as a KPD and in his first season he finished 4th in our best and fairest while playing as a KPD. When we place a bid on Cody Brand I was hoping you wouldn’t match but you did

We drafted him as a KPD and in his first season he finished 4th in our best and fairest while playing as a KPD. When we place a bid on Cody Brand I was hoping you wouldn’t match but you did

Brand is more a stopper type from what I've read, which I think is similar to Keath?

In some ways I'm not sure Naughton isn't better used down back. Everyone loves kicking goals, but if you take McGovern at WCE for example, a top tier KPD can literally control half the ground and take it away from the opposition. Forwards simply can't do that even though it's the more glamorous role.

Brand is more a stopper type from what I've read, which I think is similar to Keath?

In some ways I'm not sure Naughton isn't better used down back. Everyone loves kicking goals, but if you take McGovern at WCE for example, a top tier KPD can literally control half the ground and take it away from the opposition. Forwards simply can't do that even though it's the more glamorous role.
We have Our NGA Cody Raak that didn’t get drafted that is training with us I read that he is a KPD. Naughton is one of those talented players that I want in our backline but I love seeing him in our forward line

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I also am somewhat surprised about the 2019 figure, I have this memory of a few injury scares for him that year as well.
He did his knee late 2019, and had a set back early 2020 from memory. And then broke a cheekbone in an impact injury. I agree it feels like he’s been injured more but really he’s played a lot of games early in his career and I don’t think it’s a concern just yet but the way he plays sort of leads to impact injuries unfortunately

Absolutely agree though that if he does go down again it changes everything for us, so so reliant on him.

I think forward line is okay, English he looked dangerous there and should play more time with Martin in. Bruce I don’t have a heap of confidence In gelling with Naughty but Surely he plays better than he did this year and if he can get back somewhere near his best can be an AFL level foil for Naughty. Schache cannot hold a number one spot in your forward line but as long as he has support he’s not the worst 2nd/3rd tall going round. Over 10 odd games towards the back of 2019 the Naughty/Schache combo up forward was honestly the best I’ve seen at the dogs in my time of watching footy (probably says more about the dogs but still 😂) but he didn’t get the same oppportunity this year with Bruce coming in and some injury troubles.

With Jamarra he looks like he could come in and play a 3rd tall role straight away but obviously cannot put any expectations on him this early. Between the 5 of them I think we should have a finals standard tall forward crop, so long as Naughty plays most of the season.

backline is another story, apart from Keath it’s a bit of a mess but we do tend to play well with a shorter backline considering we run a heap of athletic aerial mediums through there like Wood, Williams and Crozier who are all just about elite in the air for their position, so we can get away with it imo

He did his knee late 2019, and had a set back early 2020 from memory. And then broke a cheekbone in an impact injury. I agree it feels like he’s been injured more but really he’s played a lot of games early in his career and I don’t think it’s a concern just yet but the way he plays sort of leads to impact injuries unfortunately

Absolutely agree though that if he does go down again it changes everything for us, so so reliant on him.

I think forward line is okay, English he looked dangerous there and should play more time with Martin in. Bruce I don’t have a heap of confidence In gelling with Naughty but Surely he plays better than he did this year and if he can get back somewhere near his best can be an AFL level foil for Naughty. Schache cannot hold a number one spot in your forward line but as long as he has support he’s not the worst 2nd/3rd tall going round. Over 10 odd games towards the back of 2019 the Naughty/Schache combo up forward was honestly the best I’ve seen at the dogs in my time of watching footy (probably says more about the dogs but still 😂) but he didn’t get the same oppportunity this year with Bruce coming in and some injury troubles.

With Jamarra he looks like he could come in and play a 3rd tall role straight away but obviously cannot put any expectations on him this early. Between the 5 of them I think we should have a finals standard tall forward crop, so long as Naughty plays most of the season.

backline is another story, apart from Keath it’s a bit of a mess but we do tend to play well with a shorter backline considering we run a heap of athletic aerial mediums through there like Wood, Williams and Crozier who are all just about elite in the air for their position, so we can get away with it imo
he hurt his knee in GWS final

Ideally Bruce comes good (enough), JUH can be an effective third tall, and some combination of English / Martin / Schache can play as a 2nd tall up front, meaning Naughton can play at CHB in a loose-intercept role with Keath being a stopper.

Personally I think Naughton would be more damaging there controlling the back half in combination with Wood, than up front as the main target.

The midfield should be strong enough to off-set the relative lack of depth at either end, but injury to Keath or Naughton leaves it pretty bare KPP wise. JUH will be interesting, if he can get a good run as a 3rd tall he should be able to contribute a lot to the side if he's as good as the pre-draft talk suggests he is.

O
Ideally Bruce comes good (enough), JUH can be an effective third tall, and some combination of English / Martin / Schache can play as a 2nd tall up front, meaning Naughton can play at CHB in a loose-intercept role with Keath being a stopper.

Personally I think Naughton would be more damaging there controlling the back half in combination with Wood, than up front as the main target.

The midfield should be strong enough to off-set the relative lack of depth at either end, but injury to Keath or Naughton leaves it pretty bare KPP wise. JUH will be interesting, if he can get a good run as a 3rd tall he should be able to contribute a lot to the side if he's as good as the pre-draft talk suggests he is.
I feel it will be a make or break year for Schache big year ahead of him

KPD #2 is certainly an issue, scoring is less of an issue (back half of 2019 we led the AFL for scoring).
If Naughton stays fit we're fine up forward, that's assuming JUH takes time and isn't playing after missing a whole year of football.

English has shown some signs forward, Martin is either rucking or resting on the bench for mine. You don't gain forward nous at 34 year old.

Taylor Adams denying he was ever asked about Treloars place on the team. Buckley has lied to Treloar and lied about his leadership group. They’ve treated Treloar like scum and tried to get out of a deal they did on draft night. Yet people are up in arms about an 18 year old making some comments about leaving home.

Wow. That's shocking to hear :(

Back