Mega Thread The Official Bigfooty NBA Week 5 Thread - Where's Kyrie?

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel Proust

"Oohh WADA ooga booga" {Jul 11 2013}
Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
“In all honesty, I would say I would do it, I’m not going to lie,” Allen said. “If you look at what happened with the Lakers, they did the same thing. They went and got their ring. If I take myself out of it, I would’ve loved to stay in Brooklyn, but I understand that in an opportunity like that, you have to go do it. J Allen.

Smart kid

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
19 year old kid who played 3 college games, didn't play basketball for over 12 months, averaging 11 and 6, a month into his rookie season is the biggest draft bust in over 10 years.

Zion isn't that good.

Lakers weren't favorite to win the Championship last year.

And everyone forgot one of the biggest scandals in NBA history not involving a player.

Excellent work BF.
I never said Zion isnt good. He's gonna be great, but he was HYPED and I dont think he is gonna be a Steph, Harden, KD, LBJ type level player.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Well his numbers are better than Steph, Harden and KD in their second season, so let's not go and jump to any conclusions yet.
His numbers arent better than KD's but slight better than Steph and Harden was a slow burn. Steph and Harden didnt come with the hype of Zion either.

Do you think he is gonna be the best player on the planet in 3-4 years?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
His numbers arent better than KD's but slight better than Steph and Harden was a slow burn. Steph and Harden didnt come with the hype of Zion either.

He'd look better with more shooting instead of adams and blesdoe types.

The way his fatness rejects gravity is kinda awesome.

Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
He'd look better with more shooting instead of adams and blesdoe types.

The way his fatness rejects gravity is kinda awesome.
I just think Zion is an off ball kind of player and that's not the kind of guy you can build a franchise around. You need a star and you need to ball in the hands of said star. LeBron, Harden, KD, Steph, Kawhi etc etc

May 9, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast

I don't think anyone thought Steph or Harden would be competing for best player in the league 3-4 years before they actually were either.

Zion has played 36 games. Why are you making statements like this so early? It's not like he's struggling.

Zion stats after 36 games - 23/7/4 on 59% shooting.

LeBron after 36 games - 20/6/6 on 42% shooting

Shaq after 36 games - 23/14/2 on 57% shooting

Duncan after 36 games - 17/11/2 on 57%

That's comparing him to the last three guys that came into the NBA with "hype". Seems comparable to me.

Your expectations are too high for someone straight into the NBA for superstardom.

He's not a centre and if you wanna be the best player on the team you need to create off the dribble.
He most definitely is a 5.

So you expect him to be better than Steph?

People are way to quick to hype or write off players.

Ayton is labelled as a bust by some despite averaging 17/11 for his career when compared to Luka.

Zion has been a better performer than Ingram in the Pels games I’ve seen.

Not every top 10 pick is going to be the man on their team, but many of them will have impactful roles on contenders.

It’s ok not to have an opinion on someone until they’ve been playing longer than 5 minutes.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
I never said Zion isnt good. He's gonna be great, but he was HYPED and I dont think he is gonna be a Steph, Harden, KD, LBJ type level player.
It’s his second year, what is he 20? Ease up. Steph played three year of college and took 3 to 4 year to get to the level. Harden was a sixth man and all are top 50 all time players. Jeez!

Marcel Proust

Sep 6, 2018
#BigBigSound
AFL Club
Richmond
He most definitely is a 5.

So you expect him to be better than Steph?

People are way to quick to hype or write off players.

Ayton is labelled as a bust by some despite averaging 17/11 for his career when compared to Luka.

Zion has been a better performer than Ingram in the Pels games I’ve seen.

Not every top 10 pick is going to be the man on their team, but many of them will have impactful roles on contenders.

It’s ok not to have an opinion on someone until they’ve been playing longer than 5 minutes.

It's nuts how quick young guys are written off in nba

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow

I’d like to see what he is with more shooting around him and he develops into his body. Today’s game doesn’t suit dominant bigs, too much dribbling. He would be a 90s beast.

BigBreakfast

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 19, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Lakeshow
They should have traded the farm for ja morant to pair with zion.

They had picks 1 and 4 iirc..

Instead of duds like hayes
Hayes isn’t a dud and doesn’t need the ball or dominate the paint. Just keeps moving. Perfect for Zion.
Grizz would never give up the chance to draft Ja
Bledsoe bad for Zion, too little shooting. Same reason he was bad for Giannis.
Need players who can shoot and aren’t ball dominant around Zion: TJ Warren types. Oladipo available in the off season would be a good fit, especially while Zion is on a rookie deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back