I Had No Idea That Was The Same Actor

Remove this Banner Ad

I recently watched 'The Invisible Man' and one of the characters was a creepy lawyer, the younger brother of the invisible man from the title. I had no idea until the final credits that the lawyer was played by Australian actor Michael Dorman, who played Christian in the early 2000s dramedy 'The Secret Life of Us'. He looked so different.

I also recently watched some Youtube videos about bad movies, and one was some obscure teen comedy film called 'F*** the Prom'. The movie was truly awful from what I saw of it - bad comedy with bad timing and unrealistic reactions to the situations by characters - and one of the oddest characters was the female high school principal. She was an attractive blonde aged in her early 40s, dressed most unsuitably in revealing blouses and short skirts, seemed to be vicariously reliving her high school days when she was a cheerleader and behaved most inappropriately with students, describing the high school seniors as 'sexy', calling unpopular students 'losers' and making jokes about statutory rape. I was amazed to find the principal was played by Nicholle Tom, who in the 1990s played Maggie Sheffield in 'The Nanny', the oldest daughter in the Beethoven movies and was in quite a few made for TV movies, mainly playing a troubled teenager. You don't see a lot of Nicholle Tom these days, I think she is married and has teenage children IIRC, but obviously she still is still an actress and has occasional roles on movies and TV shows. But it was so odd to see her in such a strange movie.

In T2, I always assumed the sequence with two Sarah Connors was due to some excellent CGI. I only found out very recently that it was actually Linda Hamilton and her identical twin sister Leslie.

View attachment 807860

I've always loved the clever trick they pulled in the extended edition of T2 where Arnies CPU is reset.

Around the 2 minute mark. Hint: That's not a mirror.

Vice - Christian Bale

1604026562813.png

The Machinist

1604026603670.png

I watched Vice on Netflix the other week and seriously until the last 10-15 minutes of the movie I didn't realize that it was Christian Bale playing Dick Cheeney

The guy is insane. What he went through for The Machinist.
View attachment 998968
He went from that to batman begins. He said on the first day training for Batman he couldn't even do one push up.
He started off overweight for that movie as well and both he and the director admit imhisbweight loss got out of hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I had no idea that Paul Walker was in Pleasantville.

Q7k7D8U.jpg

I had no idea that Jared Harris, who played Professor Moriarty in Sherlock Holmes, and David Robert Jones (one of the main baddies) in Fringe, was also the future version of Will Robinson in the 1998 movie Lost In Space.

jared-harris-26920-24-03-2017-16-00-02.jpg

Ddvs3RAVQAAfUwt.jpg

Also in Mad Men and in the recent Chernobyl TV series.

I didn't realise the guy playing Lee Scoresby in "His Dark Materials" was Lin-Manuel Miranda, who wrote and starred in "Hamilton".

I only noticed it when Scoresby died and dead Lee Scoresby looked just like dead Alexander Hamilton.

He’s also Amy Santiago’s brother in Brooklyn 99. I like how he pops up every so often in shows for little cameos.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back