Training To hell and back but we never actually left hell (Preseason thread)

Remove this Banner Ad

Also as a defender you don't need to be smart because your opponent can bring you to the ball. Plus he has the field infront of him to run.
Half back flank is the easiest position to play by far. When your team has the ball you have free reign to run up the ground and get involved in handball chains and kick it inside 50. You have free reign because of the zone system that every team plays meaning that your man is always occupied. You're right in that your opponent can bring you to the ball. Also, there are two types of hbf, the elite kicks that find space and create scoring opportunities by using the corridor eg. Houli, Daniel, Whitfield. Then there are the explosive hbf's who break the lines and create handball chains eg, Saad, McKenna, Williams. Hunt is obviously in the latter but if he can improve his skills and learn how to use that pace a bit better he will be very useful at hbf as he is something we don't have.

I loved Daniel Cross as he always gave it a crack even though he was pretty cooked, unlike Lewis who was only playing for his super. I loved Mitch Clark too, had number 11 on my back before Gawn. I was really sad when he left and he was pretty unlucky with injuries and his mental health.

Hunt needs to learn to find the footy again. In 2017 he averaged nearly 20 disposals a game which is very good for the type of player he is, since then his best effort in a season is 12 per game.

which leads me to the question who is your favourite Cameo Melbourne player from another club? Nominations include: Stephen Powell, Byron Pickett, Peter Vardy, Jordan Lewis, Daniel Cross, Phil Read etc, less than 60 games qualifies as a cameo.
No Craig Turley?

Shaun Smith (62), Ben Holland (66)

Thread needs more Peter Vardy and Craig Smoker

From Jay Clark article today. Apparently Hunt and Tomlinson with backs. Harmes with mids. Mentioned Tmac looking very fit and moving well. And he may swap on a wing and forward with Jackson. First I’d heard of that.

I was sayign to my old man that TMac could play on a wing, seeing as we're apparently allergic to playing Salem there. He could essentialy play the role Tomlinson was recruited to play

I was sayign to my old man that TMac could play on a wing, seeing as we're apparently allergic to playing Salem there. He could essentialy play the role Tomlinson was recruited to play
I don’t mind it either. Jackson chopping out in the ruck to. Tmac and Jackson running through the midfield and forward could be dangerous if it came off.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There are a handful of folk over on Demonland that have been to training on Monday and yesterday that have dropped some notes. I have neither the time nor inclination to give a wrap of them, but a highlight was Chocco working with a handful of players, that later turned into a larger group, on their kicking techniques ... one of the main ones was Jones ... better late than never I guess?

There are a handful of folk over on Demonland that have been to training on Monday and yesterday that have dropped some notes. I have neither the time nor inclination to give a wrap of them, but a highlight was Chocco working with a handful of players, that later turned into a larger group, on their kicking techniques ... one of the main ones was Jones ... better late than never I guess?
If he improves his kicking we might be able to nurse him to 400.

I used to read into the goings on during the pre-season, but we'll find out if we're any different from the past few years around halftime in round 1.

I hope we at least lose in a different manner, is that so hard Goody?

I used to read into the goings on during the pre-season, but we'll find out if we're any different from the past few years around halftime in round 1.

I hope we at least lose in a different manner, is that so hard Goody?
Are ya kidding?

The different way we lose is what keeps me coming back.

Lose to C grade supplement Essendon ✅
Lose to bottom place Carlton in second last round with finals on the line ✅
Lose to west coast over there, winning the inside 50 count by record amount ✅
Lose to Sydney literally anytime, any place even if they have 12 fit players ✅
Lose a prelim with record half time margin ✅
Lose to Collingwood playing guys who didn't know each other's name with finals on the lime ✅

But my favourite will always be losing when the conditions were tough out there (melb) but the opposition somehow got dry/mild/calm conditions✅

What about when we went down to GHMBA in 2019, won the inside 50 count (we had 73) and kicked 6 goals and lost by 80 points?

I was there. The first game I'd attended at GMHBA. It was pouring with rain too.

I got drunk.

Didn't Zach Tuohy kick it?

Either way, that was one of the best games of non finals footy i've seen in a while

Remove this Banner Ad

Back