Competition Sweet FA Tour of BigFooty - FJGD Board vs SFA Board

Remove this Banner Ad

Does footy jumper tipping/discussion , especially indigenous, still happen these days too?
Haven't posted here in years, but when I did, that was my area of interest
A revival of jumper tipping was floated as a concept last year I think, can't remember who proposed it though.

A revival of jumper tipping was floated as a concept last year I think, can't remember who proposed it though.
Cool
If it does make a comeback , then count me in :)

*Experienced Sweet FA player who will gladly give up their nominated position to a newer player because they're renowned or being a nice guy
Let’s be honest, akkaps is neither 🤪😜

whats this all about, mate?
We shadowmen from the SFA board have invaded the FJGD board and challenged you all to battle of simulated footy.

Literally no effort needed on your part, we're just looking for FJGD regulars to fill a team that we can then thrash in a fake match because nothing validates us like simulated dominance over creative types.

If you want to represent the board just tell Barrybran what position you'd like to play then let a computer program that was originally stored on floppy discs decide your virtual fate.

The bit of both look reminds me of the way the guys at work always roll up their shirt sleeves :p

But long live the longie in a footy sense :)
Lemonboi still around?

So what actually is the FJGD board?
I'm glad you asked. It's not all one-way traffic as FJGD is my true home board.

FJGD exists primarily as a discussion board for footy jumpers, discussing news, features, etc. however we pretty much discuss all things relating to design in sport - training kits, logos, cricket/NBA/NFL/EPL, you name it.

A secondary element to the board are the design competitions run by members. Our premier competition is NAFL where participants design AFL playing kits for a fantasy team based in Australia/NZ. Other major competitions on the board include Can-Am (US AFL), FIRA (currently running; UK/European AFL), FLO (Australian soccer), and T20 Australia (Australia/NZ T20 cricket).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

whats this all about, mate?
We shadowmen from the SFA board have invaded the FJGD board and challenged you all to battle of simulated footy.

Literally no effort needed on your part, we're just looking for FJGD regulars to fill a team that we can then thrash in a fake match because nothing validates us like simulated dominance over creative types.

If you want to represent the board just tell Barrybran what position you'd like to play then let a computer program that was originally stored on floppy discs decide your virtual fate.
Yep, what he said. Sweet FA revolves around the game of Qooty, which is computer-simulated AFL where you're the player. Sweet FA is an organised league of 12 clubs that play Qooty. You don't have to do anything except sign up to play however the game is more fun when you engage in banter.

I'm glad you asked. It's not all one-way traffic as FJGD is my true home board.

FJGD exists primarily as a discussion board for footy jumpers, discussing news, features, etc. however we pretty much discuss all things relating to design in sport - training kits, logos, cricket/NBA/NFL/EPL, you name it.

A secondary element to the board are the design competitions run by members. Our premier competition is NAFL where participants design AFL playing kits for a fantasy team based in Australia/NZ. Other major competitions on the board include Can-Am (US AFL), FIRA (currently running; UK/European AFL), FLO (Australian soccer), and T20 Australia (Australia/NZ T20 cricket).
TLDR; they design/discuss jumpers/logos and look fantastic doing it.

Team update. Incredible effort getting so many people involved night one with a good mix of people who have been involved with Sweet FA before and some who haven't. While there are four spots left I'm more than happy to switch those of us active on both boards across to the Sweet FA team to make room for anyone else who wants to join.

If anyone is up for a challenge and has some free time it would be great to get a jumper design for the game

HaroLad - if you have a preference from positions left, let me know. Unfortunately FF/CHB are taken.

Lineup

(Positions in bold are yet to be filled)

B: Fizzler - magpienato - [Back Pocket]
HB: Zoops - fegz222 - BringBackTheAnchor
C: Prison Bar Pete - Freight Train - Spanna_
HF: Andonis1997 - Red Crow - fancyscum
F: Rioli8217 - akkaps* - Heardy_101
FOLL: Cainozz - Nickimus Rex - [Rover]
INT: [Interchange] - [Interchange]

*Experienced Sweet FA player who will gladly give up their nominated position to a newer player because they're renowned for being a nice guy

Team List

1. BringBackTheAnchor
2. Nickimus Rex
3. magpienato
4. fegz222
5. Andonis1997
6. fancyscum
7. -HaroLad
8. Fizzler
9. Freight Train
10. Zoops
11. Red Crow
12. Cainozz
13. Prison Bar Pete
14. Spanna_
15. Heardy_101
16. -
17. -
18. Rioli8217
19. akkaps
20. -Barrybran

Last edited:
Barrybran I'll have a crack. Anywhere's fine: CHB if not already taken thanks. Corpulent ageing water boy might be more my skill level!
‘Corpulent ageing water boy’ sounds like a pretty true to life Adam Sandler sequel.

I’d probably watch it.

And yet you call me inexperienced
I’d call you a turncoat whore but that’s just me ;)
‘Corpulent ageing water boy’ sounds like a pretty true to life Adam Sandler sequel.

I’d probably watch it.
B5AB012E-F873-482F-970F-4F016EBCA823.gif
Team update. Incredible effort getting so many people involved night one with a good mix of people who have been involved with Sweet FA before and some who haven't. While there are four spots left I'm more than happy to switch those of us active on both boards across to the Sweet FA team to make room for anyone else who wants to join.

If anyone is up for a challenge and has some free time it would be great to get a jumper design for the game

BringBackTheAnchor, HaroLad, Fizzler, Zoops - if you have a preference from positions left, let me know. Unfortunately FF/CHB are taken.

Lineup

(Positions in bold are yet to be filled)

B: [Back Pocket] - magpienato - [Back Pocket]
HB: [Half Back Flank] - fegz222 - [Half Back Flank]
C: [Wing] - Freight Train - [Wing]
F: Rioli8217 - akkaps* - [Forward Pocket]

*Experienced Sweet FA player who will gladly give up their nominated position to a newer player because they're renowned for being a nice guy

Team List

1. BringBackTheAnchor
2. Nickimus Rex
3. magpienato
4. fegz222
5. Andonis1997
6. fancyscum
7. HaroLad
8. akkaps
9. Fizzler
10. Freight Train
11. Zoops
12. Red Crow
13. Cainozz
14. Prison Bar Pete
18. Rioli8217
19. akkaps
20. Barrybran
Looks like Interpol’s top 20 watch list for the worlds most deviant cyber criminals as opposed to a professional qooty squad.

B: [Back Pocket] - magpienato - [Back Pocket]
HB: [Half Back Flank] - fegz222 - [Half Back Flank]
C: [Wing] - Freight Train - [Wing]
F: Rioli8217 - akkaps* - [Forward Pocket]
You'll want to hope none of these fine people catch the bug because you'll never find work manufacturing qooty jumpers again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back