Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 12, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Bombers/Liverpool FC
The Bob and Mo subs were insane, going back to the same setup that hasn't been working. Divock was shite but at least he was getting chances

I dunno, this team might've ran its course and needs fresh faces, but we need CL football to bring them in, and the way we're going, we ain't guaranteed top 4

sacka

Norm Smith Medallist
Oct 5, 2007
Benders
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
WOW.
What else is there to say.
There's bad form and then there's the form we are in.
Gotta snap out of this funk real quick or champions league football will disappear as quick as our title chances just did in the last 5 games.

May 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The title is gone for sure. Besides Origi fluffing his lines we never really looked like scoring. The blue print is out on how to beat us.

seems a long time since Liverpool have scored on the break. Goals from opposition corners and set plays were a feature last season.

VVD out and Henderson either in the wrong position - CB - or out are the two biggest problems. They are Liverpool’s best players and have missed the best part of the whole season.

Venkman

Club Legend
Jul 10, 2013
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Liverpool FC, Seattle Supersonics
I still don't think it's players, we just need a tactical shift - we've become too predictable, constantly looking to get the cut back pass via the fullbacks and usually on the right. Even when we have the other team on the back foot we hold the ball up and give them a chance to park the bus. I still think we'll get top four and probably do well in Europe - champions league teams don't usually play like Burnley (unless you get Atleti) but Klopp needs to come up with something quick.

Lebbo73

Brownlow Medallist
Oct 20, 2014
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why was Alisson’s contact after the Burnley player had kicked it deemed a penalty but Mane having his legs chopped out from underneath him not?

Korn

Premiership Player
Oct 20, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Liverpool FC
All front 3 + TAA are out of form. These 4 players are basically made up of 95% of our attacks and goals from previous seasons.

If they are not playing well then this is what we are seeing now.

Klopp needs to change his "Hopefully it will work this time" tactics. Give Origi, Taki or Shaq full 90 mins of consecutive games. Play someone else as a striker and maybe play Bobby as a midfielder.

As much as you like to deny it, desire drops once a target is attained. Even if only by 2%, that could be all it takes...

I didn't expect this bad but did expect the drop and thought it would be tough to go btb, even City and their unlimited funds have had drop offs. The really worry now is we are bad enough we're a risk of missing CL and undoing a lot of the good work Klopp has done on our position as a club players want to stay at and players want to come to.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back