Rumour Pies want Petracca

Remove this Banner Ad

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You're just showing how clueless you are with every post.

You are providing a lot of insight in petrracas worth since u r a dees supporter. Where are they exactly.....

Last edited:

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Actually watch his last season because you clearly haven't.

Actually I've been watchingvmostcseason, nothing special. I find it funny that when some but bodied mid do well for 1 season, he's like Martin. Lol, there is no player like Martin, not ever just as there isn't another Warne, Jordan, messi etc. I can watch his last season 100 times, petrracas will still just be a decent player full stop. Him and Martin will never be in the sentence together as far as football is concerned. Go a watch his last season, clearly you haven't.

Jul 14, 2007
Melbourne, Victoria
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls
Actually I've been watchingvmostcseason, nothing special. I find it funny that when some but bodied mid do well for 1 season, he's like Martin. Lol, there is no player like Martin, not ever just as there isn't another Warne, Jordan, messi etc. I can watch his last season 100 times, petrracas will still just be a decent player full stop. Him and Martin will never be in the sentence together as far as football is concerned. Go a watch his last season, clearly you haven't.
The AFL's own ratings system has Petracca at 9, he's elite.

Instincts

Cancelled
Sep 21, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Players better than Petracca: 8

Players worse than Petracca: approx 720

So yeah, that rounds him out to being average

Also he finished 3rd in the brownlow which he was lower than average midfielders Boak and Neale and better than ordinary, run of the mill players such as Macrae, Parker and Martin

Tom_Thumb

Club Legend
Feb 1, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
I'd wanna see some more years under his belt, Melbourne have this habit of throwing up players who have one good season and then nada.

Rad Roo

Premiership Player
Aug 2, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne

Also he finished 3rd in the brownlow which he was lower than average midfielders Boak and Neale and better than ordinary, run of the mill players such as Macrae, Parker and Martin

Yeah yeah nah,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Grimesy87

Cancelled
May 22, 2018
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'd wanna see some more years under his belt, Melbourne have this habit of throwing up players who have one good season and then nada.
Whilst I don't disagree with that, his 2019 wasn't far off being very good. He averaged just under 20 touches and kicked a goal a game. It was a solid season, but you could see he was underachieving on potential (another Melbourne trait). Had he kicked some of his very simple set shots, he probably kicks 35 goals. Unfortunately, us Melbourne supporters have seen enough of these to fill a book.

The talk is he's come back in even better condition, and without wanting to derail this thread on how we measure a players worth, those of us rusted on Melbourne supporters who watch every game had seen his improvement year on year. As you've said, and others, he would want this year fairly comparable to last season to start talking about him in the games elite bracket.

I haven't seen Bulldog supporters post with their chests out so far since they won that grand final (their second one). Funnily enough, the following season that kind of turned to sh*t for them, I wonder if the Treloar thing will turn out similar.

Cool story Hansel.

markm106

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
Whilst I don't disagree with that, his 2019 wasn't far off being very good. He averaged just under 20 touches and kicked a goal a game. It was a solid season, but you could see he was underachieving on potential (another Melbourne trait). Had he kicked some of his very simple set shots, he probably kicks 35 goals. Unfortunately, us Melbourne supporters have seen enough of these to fill a book.

The talk is he's come back in even better condition, and without wanting to derail this thread on how we measure a players worth, those of us rusted on Melbourne supporters who watch every game had seen his improvement year on year. As you've said, and others, he would want this year fairly comparable to last season to start talking about him in the games elite bracket.
I have to agree. The supporters who watched him each and every week could see how good he was going. But could also see he had further to go. I’d be very surprised if he went backwards from here. He was just oozing confidence last season. And doesn’t seem to be relaxed this pre season.

If you rate the umpire's opinion of players so highly maybe you could hire some to fix your list.

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
:laughing: Yes that's all they did.

You can think what you want mate. Considering clubs like St Kilda and West Coast playing lists have had to take pay cuts more than double the agreed pay cuts of 3.5%, shows that salary caps are about to explode across the competition. Obviously at Collingwood we could see the writing on the wall, and decided to trade out players that we feel we can cover. No surprise in the light of day, that Ad's and Stephenson in particular were traded out, as both hardly played in 2020, and the side was able to go ahead and qualify for finals.
As your a Bulldogs supporter you obviously have no idea about the playing list at Collingwood, and as a member of the Pies, l feel very happy with the current list, particularly the youngsters coming through, a few that we haven't seen in the AFL yet, along with a couple of our draft picks from 2020, the list is in a pretty good spot.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
You can think what you want mate. Considering clubs like St Kilda and West Coast playing lists have had to take pay cuts more than double the agreed pay cuts of 3.5%, shows that salary caps are about to explode across the competition. Obviously at Collingwood we could see the writing on the wall, and decided to trade out players that we feel we can cover. No surprise in the light of day, that Ad's and Stephenson in particular were traded out, as both hardly played in 2020, and the side was able to go ahead and qualify for finals.
As your a Bulldogs supporter you obviously have no idea about the playing list at Collingwood, and as a member of the Pies, l feel very happy with the current list, particularly the youngsters coming through, a few that we haven't seen in the AFL yet, along with a couple of our draft picks from 2020, the list is in a pretty good spot.

I think you guys may be in struggle street for the next couple of years, your midfield depth has been eroded (sure you have a few kids in the wings but they take time) plus your forward line and it's potency is also of great concern.

Of course injuries have been cruel to the Pies in the past few years, no question. Jordan De Goey and his chronic injury problems is a Big concern of mine too.

Aside from SC mismanagement, I cannot help but think Collingwood's list has been plagued by bad luck re Injuries. And I don't see why Nathan Buckley is constantly criticized by Pies fans, when I happen to believe he has done a very good job with the players he has had available in the past few years.

The good news is that you guys had a terrific 2020 draft haul.

Reckon the truth is that Collingwood's list is not as good as Pies fans think it is, and not as bad as non Collingwood fans think it is.

Think they can challenge for a bottom part of the eight this year but I think you will finish somewhere between 9th and 12th.

2021 will be somewhat of a (much needed) list reset/rejuvenation season for Collingwood (which is not a bad thing at all)

Feb 8, 2007
Point Cook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Spurs
I think you guys may be in struggle street for the next couple of years, your midfield depth has been eroded (sure you have a few kids in the wings but they take time) plus your forward line and it's potency is also of great concern.

Of course injuries have been cruel to the Pies in the past few years, no question. Jordan De Goey and his chronic injury problems is a Big concern of mine too.

Aside from SC mismanagement, I cannot help but think Collingwood's list has been plagued by bad luck re Injuries. And I don't see why Nathan Buckley is constantly criticized by Pies fans, when I happen to believe he has done a very good job with the players he has had available in the past few years.

The good news is that you guys had a terrific 2020 draft haul.

Reckon the truth is that Collingwood's list is not as good as Pies fans think it is, and not as bad as non Collingwood fans think it is.

Think they can challenge for a bottom part of the eight this year but I think you will finish somewhere between 9th and 12th.

2021 will be somewhat of a (much needed) list reset/rejuvenation season for Collingwood (which is not a bad thing at all)

Not sure the midfield depth has been eroded because we lost Treloar. Stephenson couldn't play mid, and Phillips was more a running HB/wing. We have both Sidebottom and Sier to come back in, both hardly played last year. I expect Daicos will play more mid, along with Tyler Brown and see a more 60/ 40 split of DeGoey in the midfield/forward role. With DeGoey, not sure a finger tendon injury, which saw him miss about 10 weeks last year, is "chronic". He has had his best pre-season, and is the fittest he has ever been, so expecting him to be a dominant player in the competition this year.
Alot of Pie supporters have a love hate relationship with Bucks, hence the criticism. Interesting year for Bucks, coaching into his 10th year as senior coach, if we don't make finals, which l think we will, it will be interesting discussions with the club in terms of re-sigining Bucks. Graham Wright, coming in as the new footy boss, may think change is for the better.
I am happy with our list, we could have used another key forward, but l am excited by what Will Kelly can do up forward. Expecting guys like Quaynor and Tyler Brown to take big steps this year, and equally excited by Murphy, Rantall, Bianco, Wilson, Keane, all guys who have now been on the list 2 to 4 years. Expecting these guys to make an impact this year. Also think McCrae and Henry two of our draft picks, to surprise a few this year. People say new draftees can't make an impact in their first seasons, well we saw what difference Butters, Rozee and Duursma made to Port in their first seasons.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back