EPL Matchday 19

Remove this Banner Ad

HAHAHAHAHAHA stonewall decision, but Allision doesn't need to make contact for that to be given. When you try to explain something at least proofread wtf you're saying before you look like a spud.

I'm not even going to bother explaining what it means for it to be harsh because you'll turn around and say any player that falls in the box due to contact is a clear cut penalty. #peoplelivinginglasshouses

That's not what I am saying at all. Your position is that Allison had no choice. That's garbage and you haven't addressed this, even after I told you why.

Allison came for the ball. That is the choice he made. He didn't get the ball. He got the player. That is why it is a stonewall penalty. And even if he didn't get the player and the player was forced to leap over him and falls, that is also a penalty. Go and have a look at the penalty that Lucas Neill gave away to Fabio Grosso that sent us out of the 2006 World Cup. Neill barely touches the guy but he slid in, missed the ball and Grosso had to jump over him to get out of the way. Yes, he made a meal of it but it's a penalty.

You can argue it all you like. It's not harsh (as though penalties are adjudicated on how harsh they are), it's not even open for interpretation. It's a penalty and you won't find one credible argument aside from whatever is going on in your own mind, that it wasn't.

No goals in 4 straight now also.

I think other teams have put a real gameplan around stopping TAA and Robertson on the wings, and with VVD's passing from deep not there either, opposing teams are having success parking the bus against them really.

Last edited:
No goals in 4 straight now also.

I think other teams have put a real gameplan around stopping TAA and Robertson on the wings, and with VVD's passing from deep not there either, opposing teams are having success parking the bus against them really.

Henderson is the other player who would ping it the wings. He's either been injured or filling in at CB so not so influential. Thiago is class but he is more ball retention than creator. I reckon add Jota into the team and they would start scoring again. But he didn't play for them last season and didn't play when they smashed Palace 7-0. It's a bit of mystery.

That's not what I am saying at all. Your position is that Allison had no choice. That's garbage and you haven't addressed this, even after I told you why.

Allison came for the ball. That is the choice he made. He didn't get the ball. He got the player. That is why it is a stonewall penalty. And even if he didn't get the player and the player was forced to leap over him and falls, that is also a penalty. Go and have a look at the penalty that Lucas Neill gave away to Fabio Grosso that sent us out of the 2006 World Cup. Neill barely touches the guy but he slid in, missed the ball and Grosso had to jump over him to get out of the way. Yes, he made a meal of it but it's a penalty.

You can argue it all you like. It's not harsh (as though penalties are adjudicated on how harsh they are), it's not even open for interpretation. It's a penalty and you won't find one credible argument aside from whatever is going on in your own mind, that it wasn't.
I'm saying with Allisons momentum he wasn't able to stop after going for the ball hence contact was always going to be made. Barnes tried to chip him not take him on and get brought down.

Look at Allisons reaction after the decision, most goalkeepers don't argue if they know they f*cked up. Barnes could've easily leaped him. Again yes the penalty is there to give but the ref didn't have to give it was a 50/50 imo so had the ref not given it and neither VAR I wouldn't be arguing, I do believe you have a special place in your heart of hatred towards Liverpool which is determining your judgment which is fair.

I'm curious as to what the pool fans thought about it tbh.

If the Hammers beat Palace next week they could be in the top four!

If Spurs beat Liverpool then Liverpool could be in seventh place.
Don't forget about Everton Bradesmaen will kindly take over now.

I'm saying with Allisons momentum he wasn't able to stop after going for the ball hence contact was always going to be made. Barnes tried to chip him not take him on and get brought down.

Look at Allisons reaction after the decision, most goalkeepers don't argue if they know they f*cked up. Barnes could've easily leaped him. Again yes the penalty is there to give but the ref didn't have to give it was a 50/50 imo so had the ref not given it and neither VAR I wouldn't be arguing, I do believe you have a special place in your heart of hatred towards Liverpool which is determining your judgment which is fair.

I'm curious as to what the pool fans thought about it tbh.

Allison's momentum is irrelevant though. He chose to come out but he didn't get the ball. He got the player. The onus is not on Barnes to jump over Allison. The fact that Allison can't stop is his problem as he made the decision to come for the ball, not the problem of his opponent who got to the ball first. Had Allison got to the ball and taken Barnes out in the process then a penalty is very unlikely to be awarded. But he didn't. And that's what dictated the decision. Barnes has no responsibility to make it look less clumsy than it was. If the ref didn't give it you can be certain that VAR would have ordered him over to the monitor for a second look.

I have no more than ordinary hatred for Liverpool...but as a Spurs fan I hate every team that has any success. ;)

But again, that has nothing to do with the penalty being awarded.

Last edited:
If the Hammers beat Palace next week they could be in the top four!

If Spurs beat Liverpool then Liverpool could be in seventh place.
Reminds me a bit of that season under Fat Sam we were in the top 3 at Christmas playing a 4-4-2 diamond with Stewart Downing at the top, we lost to Chelsea at Stamford Bridge and the players were basically on their summer holiday from then onwards.

Palace away will be a good test for us, I'd still be happy with a top 10 finish really, but keeping Antonio fit will be the key.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Are you now saying Barnes dived?

Allison came for the ball FFS. Once he fails to get it he is gone if contact is made.
I agree that it was probably a penalty but why didn’t Mane get one earlier when he had his legs swept from underneath him in the box?

Last edited:
Weirdest thing is a lot of us saw it coming with the lack of rotation of the team but Liverpool supporters couldn't see it coming.
Was also obvious why Klopp was so strong on wanting 5 subs. He probably sensed his team was fading quickly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back