News Brad Crouch decision (ADL chickenshit, decline to match, receive 23)

Aug 17, 2007
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
The Autobots and Team America
Brad's numbers have always been good, but he's an average kick at best and despite tackle numbers is very poor defensively.

But you give a guy as much of the ball as Brad gets, he's gonna hurt.
He is going to have a pretty good career at St Kilda.

Won't be the best mid in the worst midfield. Have to carry that burden.

He is not a guy you build around. But with quality around him will improve.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Chase13

Club Legend
Aug 26, 2019
AFL Club
Adelaide

I personally think he will be a flop at stkilda, hoping cause he is a disgrace with comments made about his former club, and that st kilda low balled Adelaide in the trade.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt

Quite possible, but let's be honest for most of his career here he wasn't the best midfielder either.

I just hope he can stay injury free for his sake.

Yup. Stays healthy and he'll be a good addition to that engine room. Helps pad it out with another high quality midfielder.

Might even jag a premiership seeing the Saints are firmly a club on the rise at the moment, and a club with a lot of pieces in place to make some noise.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
I personally think he will be a flop at stkilda, hoping cause he is a disgrace with comments made about his former club, and that st kilda low balled Adelaide in the trade.
Exactly what are these disgraceful comments you say he made about the the Adelaide Football club?

Care to elaborate on these disgraceful comments he's supposed to have made or provide links to these comments?

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
Think that's a tad too far.

St Kilda didn't do anything wrong, and whilst I didn't like his comments it's not like he slandered the club..... He just wants to win.

I trust that HS gets legit info, it's just that info is fabricated in order to make the club look as good as they can. He wasn't the only trusted poster with info that cast Brad I'd a bad light. The club ran a campaign against his reputation when they eventually realised they'd gotten the RFA process completely wrong.
Proof? Or are you making s**t up?

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide

St Kilda didn't do anything wrong, and whilst I didn't like his comments it's not like he slandered the club..... He just wants to win.

I interpreted it as blaming himself, "it's not you, it's me". The club is where it's at, it's no secret. He's saying he doesn't want to put in just to get beaten week in and week out. I can't see any way to interpret that as a dig. Basically the exact opposite of the captain saying how he's enjoying the season more than any other. Rory was saying he's is up for the fight, Crouch said he is not.

PCORF

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 3, 2007
AFL Club
Adelaide

I'm on Brad's side.

But that still cannot guarantee success at St Kilda. It's about a team, not just about Brad. Then you look at McGovern, he is a shadow of his former self so there is no guarantee.

Adelaide has had way too many stuff-ups over the last few years (post GF) and not just on the playing field. It is certainly not the greatest environment trust me. Should have put the GF aside and used it for motivation in 2018. It has been tough supporting this club in recent years trust me, the feeling is empty. I always imagine what one more win in 2016 could have done for the club, that team peaked and possibly would have won it all if they finished top 4 that year.

The Sloane Ranger

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Dec 22, 2008
Sydney
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
CDFC
If Brad stays fit he will excel at St Kilda. Exactly the midfield system he will thrive in, with some excellent coaching.
I think Brad will be solid for the Sainta and play his role, for Brad to excel he needs to improve his decision making and kicking, he has never been that type of player that lowers his eyes and hits targets

Staying healthy will be a serious risk considering the amount of games the saints play at docklands.

If I was a player that had history of groin and stress fracture injuries im not sure I would be signing for a club that plays half its season at docklands

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Crow Envy

Cancelled
Dec 2, 2006
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Spot on.....

Brad had one year when he was out best mid..... thats it

He was out best player in the 2017 finals series.

What would he have been like in 2018 had Burton not mismanaged him?

This is another case of a Crows player being talked down when they leave, this board does it all the time.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
Spot on.....

Brad had one year when he was out best mid..... thats it

We had Danger to 2016. 2017 he was close but was hampered the back end of the year with groin issue. 2018 written off due to groin. 2019 club champ and 2020 missed half the season with hammy. He's easily our best mid since Danger left, just hasn't been able to stay on the park, so he's not the best performed.

Sep 30, 2014
AFL Club
Adelaide
We had Danger to 2016. 2017 he was close but was hampered the back end of the year with groin issue. 2018 written off due to groin. 2019 club champ and 2020 missed half the season with hammy. He's easily our best mid since Danger left, just hasn't been able to stay on the park, so he's not the best performed.
Matt and Sloane have been AA and best and fairest since Danger left. Theyre our best mid of that era. Easily.

Nov 1, 2012
AFL Club
Adelaide
https://www.afl.com.au/news/559641

"IT'S NOT f@$#ing tennis ... If you don't want to defend, if that's not your priority, grab your bag, put your shoes in it and walk out."

That was the brutal ultimatum delivered by Adelaide coach Matthew Nicks to his midfield - or maybe just Brad Crouch - early last season.”

Back