brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
The AFL have completely screwed around with the opening two rounds.

Round 1 we're now playing West Coast in Perth (still on Saturday 30th though)

Round 2 we're now playing Freo at Norwood on Sunday 7th February.

Brilliant for those that had planned to travel to Melbourne in round 1, or planning stuff for round 2. I really don't get why all sporting codes are now just willy nilly changing their fixtures.

AFLW: Fixture Update (afc.com.au)

On a side note, GWS are playing West Coast at Norwood on the 6th as well

Apr 29, 2008
Northeast Suburbs
AFL Club
Adelaide
The AFL have completely screwed around with the opening two rounds.

Round 1 we're now playing West Coast in Perth (still on Saturday 30th though)

Round 2 we're now playing Freo at Norwood on Sunday 7th February.

Brilliant for those that had planned to travel to Melbourne in round 1, or planning stuff for round 2. I really don't get why all sporting codes are now just willy nilly changing their fixtures.

AFLW: Fixture Update (afc.com.au)

On a side note, GWS are playing West Coast at Norwood on the 6th as well

Hah! This will actually benefit me. I wasn't able to attend on Feb 6th, but might be able to on Feb 7th!

Still amateur hour, though. I guess we need to cut them some slack in the age of Covid, but still.

Shows that they're not ready for an outbreak.

Rest of the world has it 1000 times worse than us and they spent their time mid last year to develop plans to actually play.

20 cases and our sport is uprooted and ****ed.

Though, it is a bloody nightmare when premiers are playing politics and sucking up to their local constitutes with illogical actions.

Aug 13, 2014
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
So a New Zealand Breakers NBL player has been forced into 14 days isolation from the team because they've been in contact with a family member who's been in Victoria (a state that hasn't had a local case in 16 days now) in Adelaide and if he comes into contact with team mates, WA won't let them in either. So that's where WA's at.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Was the entire recent practice match against GWS shown on TV or other channels? I would love to hear what was the commentary during the Marinoff/Stack incident, and to see if any other incidents involving Stack that may have contributed to the end outcome.

brucetiki

Guest of Her Majesty
Nov 7, 2002
Wentworth Detention Ctr
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide, Centrals
Hah! This will actually benefit me. I wasn't able to attend on Feb 6th, but might be able to on Feb 7th!

Still amateur hour, though. I guess we need to cut them some slack in the age of Covid, but still.

I’m in the same boat, but it doesn’t excuse the complete rewriting of the round willy nilly.

Also, I know of people heading to Melbourne for the round 1 game. Now it’s too late/expensive to change that to Perth.

Oh and the rest of the season is subject to change too. I’ve made plans to go to the Collingwood game, I’ll be pissed if the AFL change it so the Crows aren’t playing in Melbourne.

Aug 9, 2019
Victorian Central Highlands
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Panthers, GWV Rebels, Central Augusta
Came across this photo on Twitter, who is the massive oppo player in the photo?

Screenshot 2021-01-24 at 12.13.19 PM.png

Aha now I get the tweet, it was in relation to some USA legislation the Democrats have signed off on in the USA.

Good luck to little Dayna Cox trying to bring her to ground there.
The bigger they are, the harder they fall. 😜. Reckon they have to get a tackling technique around the hips for Hannah.

Grenville

Club Legend
Apr 25, 2013
AFL Club
Adelaide
Some other players in that situation wouldn't even be concussed, just unfortunate about the ducking of the head and the contact point. Freak accident EB has stopped and the girl plows her head into her hip, what was she supposed to do? The contact didn't even look forceful?

Unfortunate that the GWS girl ended up with a serious injury & hate to see that any time, but unfortunate is all it was. Watched this replay repeatedly and really hard to see how there was any malicious/reckless/careless action here? In the absence of some reasonable "Player x should have taken action y to avoid this incident" from the tribunal suspension shouldnt be the outcome. Rules putting the onus on players to avoid situations that can cause injury are fine to a point, but only when theres some reasonable action they could take - considering speed of the game.

Apr 1, 2011
Radelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
NAFC
Shows that they're not ready for an outbreak.

Rest of the world has it 1000 times worse than us and they spent their time mid last year to develop plans to actually play.

20 cases and our sport is uprooted and ****ed.

Though, it is a bloody nightmare when premiers are playing politics and sucking up to their local constitutes with illogical actions.
Not to defend the AFL at all, but a lot of the rest of the world has taken the “who cares, players will get it anyway so let’s play on “ approach to things.

Back