2021 Membership

Remove this Banner Ad

This year is our tenth year as members , so yeah been collecting lanyards.
And just our luck , we would of received gold lanyards this year, the sacrifices we make:'(.

I might even ring up the club today and see if they have any lanyards made up.
I just need one , just one gold lanyard, "Precious " .
Looks like you could have got the card if you are a season member. But you would have had to arrange this prior to 1/1/21
See my reply post to jjami15

In 2021 your membership card will be mobile and can be accessed via the official Brisbane Lions App on your smart phone, with entry to stadiums moving away from plastic membership cards. If you are not able to access a smartphone on game day, please contact MemberHQ for alternate access arrangements.

MEMBERSHIP PACK

Bumper Sticker
Member Pin
Fridge Magnet
$20 Lions Shop Voucher

In 2021, your $20 Lions Shop Voucher can be used to redeem one or a combination of the following:
2021 Member Cap (value $15)
2021 Member Scarf (value $15)
2021 Member Lanyard (value $5)

Souvenir Cards

If the plastic membership card is sentimental or important to you, you can request to have a plastic membership card sent with your membership pack (option only available for Season memberships, excluding 3 Game members and Non-Access memberships). This request will need to be made ahead of Friday January 1 to be sent to you at no additional cost. The souvenir card can not be used to scan into stadiums. This is a memento to mark the year. To make your request simply email membership@lions.com.au Please note, souvenir cards and packs won't be shipped until early 2021. You will be sent an email when they have been dispatched with a delivery ETA.
My phone is not a smart phone so I'll be one of those technological backward old codgers that will have to contact the club to make alternate access arrangements.:oldman:

1611306839143.png

My phone is not a smart phone so I'll be one of those technological backward old codgers that will have to contact the club to make alternate access arrangements.:oldman:

View attachment 1044415
Time to trade in those cans jason mp i am sure the string/wire is worn out by now
Hate to see what your ears look like. You may even be able to get a walk by role in Star Trek
Seriously though budget smart phones are very good these days. I am talking in the $220 to $320 range.
Think of it this way. The membership was reduced 20% this year put that money towards a budget phone
You can even get the BigFooty app

I recently talked my brother who turns 80 this year into a budget phone a Nokia 5.3 which he started using yesterday.
The day before i got him to use my phone for a few hours and he was getting the hang of things
He will stuff some things up initially but will be okay after a week
Not sure if you want to take the plunge or what you want to spend if you do. The below two phones will suite your needs and some.

Nokia 5.3 - $229 - The specifications on this phone are below some phones in this price class. Nokia state they have done this for a reason
Nokia 5.3 is Android One which guarantees 2 years of software updates and 3 years of security updates. Android 10 installed
Manufactories warranty 2 years. No bloatware Apps are installed
The not so good : The camera is just okay and could be better but you will think it amazing. No fast charging
MotoG9 Play - $279 should get for $259. Slightly better specifications than Nokia. Better camera than Nokia. Has fast charging. Bigger battery than Nokia but both are big for their class. Both last about 2 days of use which is very good. Also no bloatware. Android 10 installed.
Manufactories warranty only 12 months to Nokia 24 months.
In the end i chose the Nokia 5.3 for my brother because of the 2 years guaranteed software updates and 3 years security updates + extra 1 year warranty
I got these prices from Officeworks you may get better.
If you take the plunge make sure you get an Unlocked phone

Time to trade in those cans jason mp i am sure the string/wire is worn out by now
Hate to see what your ears look like. You may even be able to get a walk by role in Star Trek
Seriously though budget smart phones are very good these days. I am talking in the $220 to $320 range.
Think of it this way. The membership was reduced 20% this year put that money towards a budget phone
You can even get the BigFooty app

I recently talked my brother who turns 80 this year into a budget phone a Nokia 5.3 which he started using yesterday.
The day before i got him to use my phone for a few hours and he was getting the hang of things
He will stuff some things up initially but will be okay after a week
Not sure if you want to take the plunge or what you want to spend if you do. The below two phones will suite your needs and some.

Nokia 5.3 - $229 - The specifications on this phone are below some phones in this price class. Nokia state they have done this for a reason
Nokia 5.3 is Android One which guarantees 2 years of software updates and 3 years of security updates. Android 10 installed
Manufactories warranty 2 years. No bloatware Apps are installed
The not so good : The camera is just okay and could be better but you will think it amazing. No fast charging
MotoG9 Play - $279 should get for $259. Slightly better specifications than Nokia. Better camera than Nokia. Has fast charging. Bigger battery than Nokia but both are big for their class. Both last about 2 days of use which is very good. Also no bloatware. Android 10 installed.
Manufactories warranty only 12 months to Nokia 24 months.
In the end i chose the Nokia 5.3 for my brother because of the 2 years guaranteed software updates and 3 years security updates + extra 1 year warranty
I got these prices from Officeworks you may get better.
If you take the plunge make sure you get an Unlocked phone
I really appreciate the response and detailed info S5 but I purposely want a phone that is only for calls and texts, I'm one of those dinosaurs that is not interested in a phone with all the bells and whistles. I don't want to be one of those people that go out to restaurants and stares at their phone zombie like while ignoring the people sitting next and across from them.

End old man rant ////

I really appreciate the response and detailed info S5 but I purposely want a phone that is only for calls and texts, I'm one of those dinosaurs that is not interested in a phone with all the bells and whistles. I don't want to be one of those people that go out to restaurants and stares at their phone zombie like while ignoring the people sitting next and across from them.

End old man rant ////
And you would be able to install some brain games to help stop the dementia from setting in.😉👍
(P.s not really sure it helps anyway).
But, that might stop you from talking to people at restaurants and cafe’s🤔

End old man rant ////
Eventually you will be converted.
Regarding the restaurants you don't have to be that person. I agree it is very annoying
And of course if you live in NSW they would not let you in to ignore your friends & family

"Hospitality venues and hairdressers must use the NSW Government QR code system."

Last edited:

End old man rant ////

Sounds like the phone I had.....after much nagging from family, I got a Samsung A30, easier than I thought to use.. All I wanted though was to be able to take and receive photos etc. Otherwise, I'm still stuck in the dark ages, dont use it for FB, twitter or stuff like that. Still use the computer for all things internet like on here.

Mr MM did put the weather, lotto, maps apps on it for me, for when I'm away.....those simple phones are really good and if you're happy with it, block your ears to all the curmudgeons who rib you about it!;):)

And of course if you live in NSW they would not let you in to ignore your friends & family

"Hospitality venues and hairdressers must use the NSW Government QR code system."
Nah. Businesses have to be able to sign you in themselves if you don't have a phone capable of doing so. It just has to be a digital record.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yer IIRC all entry will be via phone scan from now on, only a little thing but I'll miss the hard card entry, it was a good keepsake. I hope we still get the car sticker, I enjoy peeling off the previous seasons and putting on the new as the official signal of a new season starting.

I was told the AFL don’t run enough staff to check adults aren’t getting in on kids tickets. They hope the phone ticket will help close that loophole, and stop people passing their tickets onto others when they can’t make it. So the others buy their own tickets.

Also went to the lions shop the other day and found out we get a $20 credit for every ticket we bought. Spent about half on a baby beanie and blanket (first grandchild on the way), definitely wasn’t limited to hat or scarf. I can use the rest later in the year. I got the impression this has been around for year or two, but I only used the discount previously. We still get the discount as well when not using the credits.

Last edited:

End old man rant ////

Tell me you at least have a Nokia 5110 so you can play snakes.

Just emailed the club to cancel my AFLW memberships. I've supported the women's team since day 1 and had a membership every year, even though it was free entry. The Club offered a 'Captain's Circle' foundation membership to those who signed on year one and it was meant to be this exclusive, behind the scenes membership, but - as a VIC member - it's equaled pretty much zero. And it's $150 a year! My partner has a standard AFLW membership at $70 a year, so the CC package was more than double!

Now that matches are ticketed, standard members have to PAY TO GO and me, as a CC member, gets one ticket with no option for a guest ticket and no option for my partner, even if she pays, to sit with me.

So for this weekend against the Tigers, we've already sunk $220 into the AFLW for ONE TICKET. AND my partner is unable to get a ticket, so with no other matches in Melbourne this year, we won't even see a live womens match this year.

So, I'm out - after nearly 20 years of being a mens member, I'm used to poor value from a membership, but this is too much. So sadly, I'm cancelling my AFLW memberships.

I know the AFL some of the processes, but the Club has dropped the ball here. There is zero reason for anyone outside Brisbane to buy an AFLW membership - as the away team, you get zero entry rights.

Just emailed the club to cancel my AFLW memberships. I've supported the women's team since day 1 and had a membership every year, even though it was free entry. The Club offered a 'Captain's Circle' foundation membership to those who signed on year one and it was meant to be this exclusive, behind the scenes membership, but - as a VIC member - it's equaled pretty much zero. And it's $150 a year! My partner has a standard AFLW membership at $70 a year, so the CC package was more than double!

Now that matches are ticketed, standard members have to PAY TO GO and me, as a CC member, gets one ticket with no option for a guest ticket and no option for my partner, even if she pays, to sit with me.

So for this weekend against the Tigers, we've already sunk $220 into the AFLW for ONE TICKET. AND my partner is unable to get a ticket, so with no other matches in Melbourne this year, we won't even see a live womens match this year.

So, I'm out - after nearly 20 years of being a mens member, I'm used to poor value from a membership, but this is too much. So sadly, I'm cancelling my AFLW memberships.

I know the AFL some of the processes, but the Club has dropped the ball here. There is zero reason for anyone outside Brisbane to buy an AFLW membership - as the away team, you get zero entry rights.
Must admit, I too joined as a Foundation Member for no other reason other than to support the club's new endeavours despite having next to no interest in women's footy whatsoever and have still renewed each year. I accepted that renewing this membership was nothing more than a donation because I haven't once ventured to see them player even or never intend on doing so and probably unlike you, still think it is one of the worst spectacles of AFL being played that I've ever seen (including reserves D-grade park footy and u/10's footy) and I still can't work out why it is given as much air time as it is or why the league just didn't form its own club independent of the existing AFL clubs.

Nonetheless, I'll be out next year unless I forget to cut it out of the auto-renewal which I've done the last two years.

This just

After reading this i wonder how many people take this offer up each year.
It feels more like a donation from what you have described. Defiantly bad value
Can understand your frustration and annoyance with the Club regarding this "captains Circle" membership and what it does not deliver
Just comparing what you and your partner pay in Victoria to us Brisbane members

Prior to today i was not a AFLW member but did attend the free AFLW games in Brisbane with my daughter since day one.
She rang me this afternoon to suggest i add on the AFLW membership to my men's season membership.
I arranged this later today. The costs was $40 if you have a season men's membership. The stand alone Adult membership is the $70 you mentioned
The $40 = Access to all Lions home games, bumper sticker & keyring. Their were 5 home games in original fixture. So $10 cheaper if you go to all 5 games
But with Covid who knows what will happen in relation to the fixture
Only rounds 1 & 2 up on AFLW website. All in all good value and if season is disrupted it is only a few $ wasted unlike the $150 mentioned

I was excited until I got to the 4-5wks part...why on earth send an email this far out from actual delivery, although I suppose it will stop those irritable phone calls to the club if they'd have just left it.

As I've mentioned before, Tigers must already have theirs as I've seen stickers on a couple of cars, why not us? Interstate? Vic first? You can bet on it!

I was excited until I got to the 4-5wks part...why on earth send an email this far out from actual delivery, although I suppose it will stop those irritable phone calls to the club if they'd have just left it.

As I've mentioned before, Tigers must already have theirs as I've seen stickers on a couple of cars, why not us? Interstate? Vic first? You can bet on it!

I saw a car in Brisbane last week with a Tigers 2021 members sticker on the back of it.

Last edited:

renewed early December and got the same email last Friday - estimated arrival 2/3/2021. Did any Melbourne members get any emails/txt messages from the club re the Lions AWLW game in Melb - I didnt receive anything - Itwould have been a good opportunity to promote the match/info re ticketing etc.

I saw a car in Brisbane last week with a Tigers 2021 members sticker on the back of it.
I have to assume it's now a burnt out wreck if you did your duty?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back