Hottest 100 of 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha if that was directed at me I always make an effort to keep listening to new music and adding to my playlists with modern stuff. I reckon getting stuck in a timewarp where you think modern music is crap is a good way of getting old before your time.

I'd just be surprised if anyone who's into the Hilltop Hoods would think their more pop-like direction in the last 10 years is better than those two classic albums I mentioned. Or any good at all tbh. There's so many better Aussie hiphop artists these days who don't get any airplay - Kerser for one.

Haha if that was directed at me I always make an effort to keep listening to new music and adding to my playlists with modern stuff. I reckon getting stuck in a timewarp where you think modern music is crap is a good way of getting old before your time.

I'd just be surprised if anyone who's into the Hilltop Hoods would think their more pop-like direction in the last 10 years is better than those two classic albums I mentioned. Or any good at all tbh. There's so many better Aussie hiphop artists these days who don't get any airplay - Kerser for one.
Not at all haha it was directed at myself and complete disbelief at what gets voted in

Not at all haha it was directed at myself and complete disbelief at what gets voted in

Must admit I do find the #1's really bland lately. Like really bland. Especially that year King Kunta was beaten out by yet another bland Aussie song.

I had to have a listen to that Glass Animals single out of curiosity, and it’s painfully derivative, predictable and bland.

Lyrically it’s on par with anything they’d play on Nova, but with glitchy drums and Alt-J sounding guitars.

The gap has been closing between the more mainstream stations and JJJ for some time to the point it’s hard to differentiate a huge portion of the music.

Pretty bland 100.

Looking forward to Mondays count.

Welcome to JJJ of the last 5-7 years

Hypa Hypa better poll in 101-200 or heads will roll

Must admit I do find the #1's really bland lately. Like really bland. Especially that year King Kunta was beaten out by yet another bland Aussie song.

Why do kids these days love their music to be so bland?

Used to be the younger generation's music was too loud/aggressive/inspiring/Satan worshippy for the oldies, now it's the complete opposite

LOL

(Log in to remove this ad.)

no Violent Soho was a huge surprise, first time since 2012 they’ve not made it when eligible. The Rubens fall since they won in 2015 is also crazy, Heavy Weather is their best track in ages.

the 200 will be good as usual with them, Nothing But Thieves, Royal Blood, Run the Jewels, Kanye and The Rubens.

Evidently this was the year I got old. Didn't get a single song into the top 100 - this RTJ song is the first I've had.

This thread at the moment is just the Old Man Yells At Cloud meme.

It’s a reasonable discussion.

On a cursory look, the Hottest 100 is pretty much compromised of flash-in-the-pan indie pop artists, journeyman Australian pop rock bands, token metalcore nominations, and the odd mainstream sounding garage rock band.

It’s like they’ve taken a cross-section of most alternative genres and watered them down 110%.

I know this has been happening over a couple of decades now, but the most recent list is deplorably bad.

It’s a reasonable discussion.

On a cursory look, the Hottest 100 is pretty much compromised of flash-in-the-pan indie pop artists, journeyman Australian pop rock bands, token metalcore nominations, and the odd mainstream sounding garage rock band.

It’s like they’ve taken a cross-section of most alternative genres and watered them down 110%.

I know this has been happening over a couple of decades now, but the most recent list is deplorably bad.
Not to the kids I guess.

Not to the kids I guess.

They can only listen and respond to what the stations plays. If JJJ incorporate a lot of rubbish in their playlists the end result will be an average count.

The station has done a great job marketing themselves as the alternative option while fundamentally playing commercial-sounding music.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back