Politics Centrelink

Remove this Banner Ad

Disgusting decision. Heartlessness, social vandalism and economic vandalism. **** off Morrison and Frydenberg.
Given the traditional rentagospel distaste for other faiths it always strikes me as odd to see Scummo working cheek by jowl with a Jew, he seems to accept evolution too despite being told to think that the earth is only two thousand years old. When you look at it, he actually sounds like he's a s**t christian on top of being s**t at everything else I'm starting to think even his faith might just be a PR stunt.

Given the traditional rentagospel distaste for other faiths it always strikes me as odd to see Scummo working cheek by jowl with a Jew, he seems to accept evolution too despite being told to think that the earth is only two thousand years old. When you look at it, he actually sounds like he's a sh*t christian on top of being sh*t at everything else I'm starting to think even his faith might just be a PR stunt.

You really shouldn't define people so rigidly and stereotypically. Most Christians are s**t Christians and i don't think the church minds that at all.
Fundamentalists of most religions are the worst type of flog. Lots of people don't let their religion define them and yes, they are tolerant of others.

You really shouldn't define people so rigidly and stereotypically. Most Christians are sh*t Christians and i don't think the church minds that at all.
Fundamentalists of most religions are the worst type of flog. Lots of people don't let their religion define them and yes, they are tolerant of others.
Morrison's whole shtick is the prosperity gospel, you poor suckers doing it tough, pray harder. It's no way to run a country.

I actually used to follow Joel Osteen about 20 years ago, he was on overnight TV when I was doing the late night baby feed to give mrs a rest. Thought he was quite good and bought into the whole thing until I realised he was just another creep successfully using his disturbingly-Amway-like religious schtick to line his pockets and live a fabulous lifestyle.

Was not surprised when he moved to the Houston Compaq Centre to house 50,000+ congregation all willing prosperity to fall on them from the sky, while forking over 10% of their gross income to Osteen. Was not surprised to find out he had a private jet like others of his ilk.

osteen-jet.jpg

Was surprised to find out it was a ******* Airbus.

And this is the religion our beloved scomo immerses himself in and judges the rest of us by.

'The coronavirus supplement is designed to provide temporary, short-term financial assistance to help individuals and families in these uncertain times, and address the economic impacts of COVID-19,' Department of Social Services said in a statement to AAP.

What on earth does that even mean? Apart from cynical aggregate stimulus and marginal seat protection, what is the point of temporarily increasing unemployment benefits? This is not America.

Anyone who says that Jobseeker was too high should be forced to live on it for a few months.

A few months? Six weeks should be enough. Freeze their bank accounts, let them live for a fortnight on the contents of their wallet before the first payment. Watch them spend it in half a day and say it isn't too bad, anyone can do this, let them get hungry the following week then three days before the next $550 is paid, remind them that they have a $1200 rent payment due tomorrow. The car is out of petrol and registration is due next week, and the power bill a few days after that.

Any * that says dole bludgers don't know how to budget and conserve their money is an absolute drooling meningitis victim.

A few months? Six weeks should be enough. Freeze their bank accounts, let them live for a fortnight on the contents of their wallet before the first payment. Watch them spend it in half a day and say it isn't too bad, anyone can do this, let them get hungry the following week then three days before the next $550 is paid, remind them that they have a $1200 rent payment due tomorrow. The car is out of petrol and registration is due next week, and the power bill a few days after that.

Any fu** that says dole bludgers don't know how to budget and conserve their money is an absolute drooling meningitis victim.

Shouldnt be easy to live on government handouts....sell the car and catch public transport, will give you a few months respite. Why are you paying $1200 rent? Move to a cheaper suburb/town and or get others to live with you etc......

Sent from my CPH1879 using Tapatalk

Any fu** that says dole bludgers don't know how to budget and conserve their money is an absolute drooling meningitis victim.
After 3 years on the newstart and getting 2 jobs more or less at the same time, I had soooooo much more money than I knew what to do with. Still budgeted like I needed my spare coins for petrol.

After 3 years on the newstart and getting 2 jobs more or less at the same time, I had soooooo much more money than I knew what to do with. Still budgeted like I needed my spare coins for petrol.
The irony or FU is that if you lose your job those savings will be deemed as income for you to live on thereby delaying any payment until those savings are gone

I had saved $1000 while on the dole and was asked how I could do it - as if I had a secret job or was a criminal etc - the mindset around savings is diabolical if applying or on the dole

The irony or FU is that if you lose your job those savings will be deemed as income for you to live on thereby delaying any payment until those savings are gone

I had saved $1000 while on the dole and was asked how I could do it - as if I had a secret job or was a criminal etc - the mindset around savings is diabolical if applying or on the dole
Cash under the mattress...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shouldnt be easy to live on government handouts....sell the car and catch public transport, will give you a few months respite. Why are you paying $1200 rent? Move to a cheaper suburb/town and or get others to live with you etc......

how does this theory work in regional Australia with no public transport and already low rents ?

But how are you to get a job picking fruit or in a regional abbattoir if you don't have a car?

:rolleyes:

Cheaper places usually have higher unemployment and isn't there rules against moving to areas of higher unemployment because when Howard was PM there was talk of having those kind of rules to stop people going to places with high unemployment because it was thought they were doing it because it was easier to avoid looking for work.

Last edited:
Given the traditional rentagospel distaste for other faiths it always strikes me as odd to see Scummo working cheek by jowl with a Jew, he seems to accept evolution too despite being told to think that the earth is only two thousand years old. When you look at it, he actually sounds like he's a sh*t christian on top of being sh*t at everything else I'm starting to think even his faith might just be a PR stunt.
Scotty from marketing...

Satan's Little Helper.

Cheaper places usually have higher unemployment and isn't there rules against moving to areas of higher unemployment because when Howard was PM there was talk of having those kind of rules to stop people going to places with high unemployment because it was thought they were doing it because it was easier to avoid looking for work.

Last time i checked it didn't make a difference if you were working in the CBD and living in South Yarra , or living in Sunshine.
Yes remote country areas can be cheaper.

The policy is currently suspended but due to come back in eventually. Moving between the major cities of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth is no questions asked, but anything else could result in a lengthy penalty period if the new area has a significantly higher unemployment rate. I think the idea was to stop someone from taking up a 'comfortable' residence in a rural area with cheap rent and no jobs.

The policy is currently suspended but due to come back in eventually. Moving between the major cities of Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide and Perth is no questions asked, but anything else could result in a lengthy penalty period if the new area has a significantly higher unemployment rate. I think the idea was to stop someone from taking up a 'comfortable' residence in a rural area with cheap rent and no jobs.
IPA 'plenty of jobs in the country - go fruitpicking''

Government ' if you move to an area not urban you may be penalised''

IPA 'plenty of jobs in the country - go fruitpicking''

Government ' if you move to an area not urban you may be penalised''
Good thing our unemployment policies aren't unnecessarily punative, full of double blinds and written for the benefit of closet sadists with sexual dysfunction issues.

Even as a leftist I'm not entirely sold on the idea of UBI, however in my opinion it's inevitable. You can smell it coming - give it 20 to 70 years to be implemented in Australia. I'm guessing Australia will hold out longer than most of the OECD and introduce it in about 2060.

Futurists reckon that AI will take a majority of the jobs by 2040 in the US (some think 2030).

Australia will hold out for as long as it can, because the population is inherently cautious and conservative, plus we've never really been ones to lead the line in terms of innovation, but given how fast-paced the world has become I expect the same thing to happen here by 2050.

It's difficult for me to tell how competent the government of the day will be - given current trends, my guess is not competent enough to avert a major short-to-medium term crisis, but probably just about competent enough to implement some sort of half-baked scheme that will do just enough to stop the country from transforming into a glorified Brazil, if not the US. Australians are (luckily) not as violent or radicalised as Americans are (and will be even more in the future), so the population will largely muddle on through.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back