Remove this Banner Ad

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2015
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Haven’t seen Milan be bossed like that this season. Atalanta were clinical and put on a frightening display.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Reckon Ilicic coming back has made them roar back into contention?
He's been really good definitely, but genoa and udinese stifled him and atalanta over the week. Samir marked him aggressively when he came on and he could do nothing.

Thought it was good to play a team who were going to play actual football and not sit back the whole 90 and it played into our hands.
Gasper spoke about getting a better team defence, partly why papu is leaving and they have definitely been a lot more solid since pessina came in at 10, playing a more aggressive team defence.
Although that lack of papu probably cost us against udin and genoa in those games.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Gomez will be a loss but no reason why they can’t have a decent crack at it. They are the best in Italy to watch and I’d love to see them go all the way
2-0 up in the 75th minute and Djimsiti is pressing their centre backs.
Toloi needs to work on his finishing missed a lot of good chances lately.
Love those attacking centre backs.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur, SSC Napoli, ESH
Gomez will be a loss but no reason why they can’t have a decent crack at it. They are the best in Italy to watch and I’d love to see them go all the way
Yeah for sure

Was shattered for them the way they lost in the CL against PSG

Also one of the hardest hit regions in Europe from Coronavirus, would ve a big morale boost for their community if they were to push on

More Napoli snubs on Kayo...

Bundesliga, La Liga and Championship...
Bayern and Barca. No brainer decisions to put them on.

Championship game is because it is the only one on Monday morning and are contractually obliged to show it iirc.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Bayern and Barca. No brainer decisions to put them on.

Championship game is because it is the only one on Monday morning and are contractually obliged to show it iirc.
There's 2 Championship games on tonight

Some weekends they put on 0 games on Sunday nights/Momday mornings

There's 2 Championship games on tonight

Some weekends they put on 0 games on Sunday nights/Momday mornings
Not sure what you are expecting to be honest. None of the EFL, Ligue 1, BL, La Liga or Serie A contracts are to show all games.

3 channels to show all those leagues and all their non-football programming. Hard to fit it all in

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Not sure what you are expecting to be honest. None of the EFL, Ligue 1, BL, La Liga or Serie A contracts are to show all games.

3 channels to show all those leagues and all their non-football programming. Hard to fit it all in
I'm still melty after our early season snubs from the same broadcaster

Adam_23

All Australian
Apr 14, 2015
Adelaide
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Adelaide Utd, Napoli, Cavs
Pretty crazy Milan derby QF in the Coppa Italia. Ibra scored then got sent off. Eriksen of all players scored a 97th min free kick to give Inter a 2-1 win.

Some tension there too between Ibra and Lukaku.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Pretty crazy Milan derby QF in the Coppa Italia. Ibra scored then got sent off. Eriksen of all players scored a 97th min free kick to give Inter a 2-1 win.

Some tension there too between Ibra and Lukaku.
Pretty sure Ibra called him a donkey after Lukaku got fouled and that was the start of it

Then there was some "I'll * ya mum/* ya wife" kinda s**t going on

It's up on YouTube, pretty sure they're showing all the games this week there.

Anyways

Yeah felt Inter had the better of Milan on play but struggled to break them down, then Ibra got sent off and was only a matter of time after that.

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
Pretty sure Ibra called him a donkey after Lukaku got fouled and that was the start of it

Then there was some "I'll **** ya mum/**** ya wife" kinda sh*t going on

It's up on YouTube, pretty sure they're showing all the games this week there.

Anyways

Yeah felt Inter had the better of Milan on play but struggled to break them down, then Ibra got sent off and was only a matter of time after that.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic reportedly denied he racially abused Romelu Lukaku, as the ‘voodoo’ comment was referencing a specific incident from his Everton days.

The former Manchester United teammates clashed bitterly during this evening’s Coppa Italia quarter-final, which saw Inter beat Milan 2-1.

It seems Lukaku invited Ibrahimovic to meet him outside later, Ibrahimovic laughed and said: "OK, call your mother."

This set off the Belgian, then Zlatan clarified with: "Do your voodoo s***."

This has been read as a racist phrase, but Sky Sport Italia say representatives from Milan assure Ibrahimovic denied any racist insult.

It’s believed Ibrahimovic was referencing a quote from Everton major shareholder Farhad Moshiri, who said in January 2018 that Lukaku had turned down a new contract because of a ’voodoo message.’

“We offered him a better deal than Chelsea and his agent came to Finch Farm to sign the contract," said Moshiri three years ago.

“Robert [Elstone, Everton’s chief executive] was there, everything was in place, there were a few reporters outside, then in the meeting Rom called his mother.

“He said he was on a pilgrimage in Africa or somewhere and he had a voodoo and he got the message that he needs to go to Chelsea.”

Lukaku had denied this story, and indeed ended up joining Manchester United rather than Chelsea.

Aug 27, 2007
Block 108 as loud as any
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Everton_East Freo_Atalanta_Tranmere
Atalanta beat Lazio 3-2 in the Coppa.
2-2 at HT and then Atalanta reduced to 10 men shortly after the break but still found the winner and missed a pen in the second half

Love it. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team (Lazio)

Plus Gomez is officially gone now, so we can start to move on properly (not that we seemed to have too much trouble scoring in his absence in all honesty). But you take the captain out of most clubs and it will have an effect on results. Gasperini must be a hell of a manager to galvanise the squad like that

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Love it. Couldn't have happened to a nicer team (Lazio)

Plus Gomez is officially gone now, so we can start to move on properly (not that we seemed to have too much trouble scoring in his absence in all honesty). But you take the captain out of most clubs and it will have an effect on results. Gasperini must be a hell of a manager to galvanise the squad like that
What exactly happened there between Gomez and Gasperini?

GREENESHOOTS may as well answer too

Oct 7, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Atalanta B.C
What exactly happened there between Gomez and Gasperini?

GREENESHOOTS may as well answer too
Haha thanks as resident atalanta bandwagon expert I am happy to oblige.

Gasperini wanted better team defense after they got destroyed against liverpool in the champions league 5-0.
Apparently gasp asked gomez to play left wing back half time back in this or a chanpions league match (liverpool or ajax)which he took offense to.

Since then they've had a stand off whether gomez refused to play or gasp refused to play him is unclear probably mutual.

I do believe gomez played the ajax game after the spat as service to the side (they needed not to lose to proceed).

Pessina playing 10 since and illicic as 2nd striker and they have performed well since.

My friend told me papu wanted to leave to saudi arabia for big money over the off-season and was denied.
Gomez previously was denied a move to a big club he talked about in a ln article (can't remember which but he wanted the move), so the tension was probably bulding for a while.

Jun 27, 2013
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Haha thanks as resident atalanta bandwagon expert I am happy to oblige.

Gasperini wanted better team defense after they got destroyed against liverpool in the champions league 5-0.
Apparently gasp asked gomez to play left wing back half time back in this or a chanpions league match (liverpool or ajax)which he took offense to.

Since then they've had a stand off whether gomez refused to play or gasp refused to play him is unclear probably mutual.

I do believe gomez played the ajax game after the spat as service to the side (they needed not to lose to proceed).

Pessina playing 10 since and illicic as 2nd striker and they have performed well since.

My friend told me papu wanted to leave to saudi arabia for big money over the off-season and was denied.
Gomez previously was denied a move to a big club he talked about in a ln article (can't remember which but he wanted the move), so the tension was probably bulding for a while.
Ah right

So sounded like he wanted any old excuse to get out

A shame really, he's came a long long way since his Catania days

Remove this Banner Ad

Back